Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna should have high level enemy zones

TheWhitterMatter

We have little information about the new enemies coming to Fortuna, except for robo spiders and flying nullies. One bit of information we don't have is what level the average enemies will be and where. We know that the farther you get into the plains the harder the enemies (granted not that strong). Will we see that on fortuna, and to what extent? One thing I want to see on fortuna and didn't get it on Plains of eidolon is tougher enemies at the indoor locations. Plains of eidolon has been really bad when it comes to exploring all the caves because they are forcefully gated off by Plague Star and random missions, they are my favorite places and I rarely get to see them wtf.

Anyway I propose there to be certain indoor places around the map (or random spawn) where the enemeis in there are like at least level 50+. This could be cool just as a challenge, also to get newerp layers to be afraid of, because whats to challenging about level 10 enemies until you get to Jupiter or something. Maybe there are recource cashes at these places, something for players to hunt down or even come across randomly. Just give us hard enemies, with some kind of actual loot in that zone. Why is this not a thing on Plains?

Definitely!  Though I would even suggest to have a SUPER high level area with tough enemies that have damaging skill-based attacks...or just regular old level 100-200 enemies (or higher!) if that's easier to implement.  The Idea is to have an area where players are almost afraid to go, but it's a long term goal/motivation to kit out your Warframe and weapons well enough to be able to survive and explore there.  Almost like...an "endgame" area??  Maybe it'll be more fun and less cheese to fight these types of enemies in an open world tile rather than indoors.    

Another option is to ensure that the enemy numbers and levels scale really high when you are on full alert.  /shrug

17 hours ago, Jfalz said:

Definitely!  Though I would even suggest to have a SUPER high level area with tough enemies that have damaging skill-based attacks...or just regular old level 100-200 enemies (or higher!) if that's easier to implement.  The Idea is to have an area where players are almost afraid to go, but it's a long term goal/motivation to kit out your Warframe and weapons well enough to be able to survive and explore there.  Almost like...an "endgame" area??  Maybe it'll be more fun and less cheese to fight these types of enemies in an open world tile rather than indoors.    

Another option is to ensure that the enemy numbers and levels scale really high when you are on full alert.  /shrug

Yeah I agree with you there. I guess because enemy scaling hasn't been fixed yet and probably never will, a lot of enemy abilities might be a little much. I want to make sure I can kill them lol, but they are still scary. And yeah moer motivation to really improve gear should be there. None of the new content has really made me check my gear and none of it seems too difficult to complete. The only mission that I find annoying is Sortie/assassination/augmented armor/lephantis. Took 30 minutes to do that one mission.

On 2018-10-21 at 3:02 AM, Jfalz said:

Maybe it'll be more fun and less cheese to fight these types of enemies in an open world tile rather than indoors.    

I hope so too but the tenno, they have so much cheese.. 

On 2018-10-21 at 2:25 AM, TheWhitterMatter said:

. Maybe there are recource cashes at these places, something for players to hunt down or even come across randomly. Just give us hard enemies, with some kind of actual loot in that zone. Why is this not a thing on Plains?

We just need more things on plains in general so I will support literally anything. I still hold out hope that we'll get through that force field some day. 

Yes we need tougher things to fight at least 100 to 200 bad guys stop trying to protect us we need more mission fails because we are getting or butts kicked stop trying to protect us from a buttkicking we should not have to go out of our way to find a challenge we should have the option to change the difficulty on every mission and planet up to at least 200 

On 2018-10-20 at 6:02 PM, Jfalz said:

Maybe it'll be more fun and less cheese to fight these types of enemies in an open world tile rather than indoors.    

Unfortunately, it will have the opposite effect. With higher lvls enemies get increased accuracy stats, this means alerted enemies can snipe you acros the map when you even cannot see them. It is a lesser issue with Corpus, as they have smaller engagement range and travel time projectiles, but a random Sniper can bite you in the butt. About "less cheese": also no. Arbitrations are a great example, how people react to damgerous areas - invis or full tank. Glass cannons are neglected there.

It would be great, but don't hold your breath on that. Apparently lvl 60-80 is as high as DE is willing to go, despite our weapons having the dps to completely obliterate lvl 300+ without even needing buffs. 

If ESO and Arbitrations are any indication, just forget about endgame high level zones for WF, it's not going to happen. Both of those game modes had the potential to be just that, but DE chose not to go all the way and instead settled on "accessible to all" mid level content. And those are niche game modes supposedly made as a challenge for veterans (lol). Fortuna is their hype train, aimed at catching everyone, so not a chance. 

5 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

It would be great, but don't hold your breath on that. Apparently lvl 60-80 is as high as DE is willing to go, despite our weapons having the dps to completely obliterate lvl 300+ without even needing buffs. 

If ESO and Arbitrations are any indication, just forget about endgame high level zones for WF, it's not going to happen. Both of those game modes had the potential to be just that, but DE chose not to go all the way and instead settled on "accessible to all" mid level content. And those are niche game modes supposedly made as a challenge for veterans (lol). Fortuna is their hype train, aimed at catching everyone, so not a chance. 

I'd argue it's because DE realizes high levels don't make compelling endgame, they reduce margin of error, sure, because oneshots are common and take longer because everything is now a bullet sponge, but it's but harder, the difficulty of execution remains the same.

Arbitration drones are the one step in the right direction, they pose a slightly harder execution (they dodge something hardcore and require precision weapons and make so groups of enemies can only die together). They just need to figure out more in that vein.