Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Ash, can somone help me get the wonky kit of his.

mflames

Question

Hi Tenno's

I got my self ash prime, yes bought with plat 160.
So from the youtube videos, i see him running high level enemies. and he was in this constant state of 1 shotting animation, which makes you invulnerable.
I also seen on other videos where he dashes between enemies with his 4th ability, going on a kill frenzy.

In a hydrod mission on sedna, i properly died so many times and everyone thought im noob and playing with two left feet.

Press 3 to teleport, but it only staggered the enemy, i didnt know i had to push the melee attack.
Sometimes i 3 to tagert and quick Melee but its not a fishiner, its just normal attack?

Also i activate 4, and i dont see me dashing between targets, or see clones of myself.
I learnt that you have to 4 scan with your mouse on enemies, then de-active 4, for the clones to start attacking, then when i 3 again, im just staggering 1 guy, not dashing about.

so can someone explain what im doing wrong pls? i dont know how to combo, this feels so wonky compared to other frames.
Im using Broken war sword with riven, got fury and beserker.

Edited by mflames

15 answers to this question

Read up on the wiki how his abilities work.

You need to use his teleport on a marked target for Ash to join the shadow clones in the assault.

Stay in stealth as much as possible, his 4's cost is halved and you have a damage multiplier against enemies that are not alerted. His 1 is only good with the augment and against armor heavy enemies, otherwise you're better off slicing through enemies. If you want the teleport to kill the enemy get the augment for it.

13 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

You need to use his teleport on a marked target for Ash to join the shadow clones in the assault.

This^

14 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Stay in stealth as much as possible

And this^

Teleport (third ability) only automatically initiates the kill if you have it's augment mod on 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180325144056

Otherwise it just opens them up for a finisher and you have do it manually my pressing the melee button.

33 minutes ago, mflames said:

Sometimes i 3 to tagert and quick Melee but its not a fishiner, its just normal attack?

Simply a glitch, it happens ocasionally.

PS: Smoke Screen (second ability) staggers nearby enemies, so don't forget to use it.

24 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

And this^

Teleport (third ability) only automatically initiates the kill if you have it's augment mod on 

Oh so i need a augment for this, good gosh and here i thought everyone was using some macro technique, thank you for this.

24 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Do i also need the augment to apply Finishers automatically when teleporting to mark targets?

how do i correctly combo his 4th ability?

Do i active it, then teleport to a target (with augment for automatic finisher) then deactivate 4th ability, then teleport again to a mark target to begin killing frenzy?
Im trying to flow this in a correct manner, so its not too wonky for me.

I dont want to owl on a spot, pick my target with 4, deactive it, then when i see clones, then teleport in. This will be super slow process. Looking to apply some skill so i can be a good ash player.

I mean, the whole "join in" part of Blade Storm is pretty much just for the lulz,
it's more efficient to let your shadow clones do the killing and go look for new enemies to murderize.

Also, YMMV but I don't find Fatal Teleport to really be a must-have,
hitting the (Quick) Melee button after a Teleport isn't a huge hassle or anything,
any semi-decent Melee weapon (build) will still wreck lots of enemies with a Finisher as-is
and as for the Energy refund, eh, I run high Efficiency (and Duration, yay Narrow Minded), so w/e.

BTW, on the topic of Efficiency, I think I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how effective / simply fun Shuriken spam can be
(no Augment or lots of Strength required), not least with it having what seems like infinite Punch Through.

2 hours ago, mflames said:

Hi Tenno's

I got my self ash prime, yes bought with plat 160.
So from the youtube videos, i see him running high level enemies. and he was in this constant state of 1 shotting animation, which makes you invulnerable.
I also seen on other videos where he dashes between enemies with his 4th ability, going on a kill frenzy.

In a hydrod mission on sedna, i properly died so many times and everyone thought im noob and playing with two left feet.

Press 3 to teleport, but it only staggered the enemy, i didnt know i had to push the melee attack.

Also i activate 4, and i dont see me dashing between targets, or see clones of myself.
I learnt that you have to 4 scan with your mouse on enemies, then de-active 4, for the clones to start attacking, then when i 3 again, im just staggering 1 guy, not dashing about.

so can someone explain what im doing wrong pls? i dont know how to combo, this feels so wonky compared to other frames.
Im using Broken war sword with riven, got fury and beserker.

I hope this video will help you.

4 hours ago, mflames said:

Oh so i need a augment for this, good gosh and here i thought everyone was using some macro technique, thank you for this.

Do i also need the augment to apply Finishers automatically when teleporting to mark targets?

No and no.

4 hours ago, mflames said:

how do i correctly combo his 4th ability?

Do i active it, then teleport to a target (with augment for automatic finisher) then deactivate 4th ability, then teleport again to a mark target to begin killing frenzy?
Im trying to flow this in a correct manner, so its not too wonky for me.

I dont want to owl on a spot, pick my target with 4, deactive it, then when i see clones, then teleport in. This will be super slow process. Looking to apply some skill so i can be a good ash player.

1. Activate Bladestorm
  2. Mark a few enemies
  3. Activate Bladestorm again so the clones come out
  4. Teleport to a marked target with 3 (No augments required!)

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Ghostplayer9111 said:

augment make you a more deadly but there not nesasery untill the higher level guys 

Any well modded weapon can easily one shot most enemies (Noxes are preaty much the only exception) without the need of extra finisher damage up till hour+ endless missions.

It's just not necessary, period, unless you are one of the players that specifically goes to ''Void Mot'' to try and set the next world record or something- even then, there are better options.

The key is to know Ash’s sequences and to mix them up according to the situation 

3 augment to initiate and get into crowds 

2 to stagger them and invis yourself

4 then bullet jump aim to mark targets, finish with: 

-3 to join with cool animation 

-bullet away and let clones do work

-use guns as clones work 

so that’s 3,2,4 then your choice 

A sniper makes use of his high ranged kit hence the Vectis P match, you can snipe into his 3 augment for example or snipe 4 targets from afar

One thing to add.  I actually kind of 'worked into' ash by making a teleporting melee build (using a pretty straightforward Quick Thinking/Hunter's Adrenaline/Handspring build with a fast Healing Return weapon ...I think I was using a Tipedo back then)

It worked great to ease me in, I was primarily using his 4 and 3 just to move from group to group and face-murder them as I got used to him, and it became pretty natural to start adding in smokescreen if I wanted to switch to a ranged weapon...at which point it all kind of came together for me and I started really using his while kit and playing with builds

Never really did the shuriken-armorstrip thing though. I don't think armor's a problem with fast melee builds, so someone else can speak to that 

Good luck Tenno! He's a fun frame.

11 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

One thing to add.  I actually kind of 'worked into' ash by making a teleporting melee build (using a pretty straightforward Quick Thinking/Hunter's Adrenaline/Handspring build with a fast Healing Return weapon ...I think I was using a Tipedo back then)

It worked great to ease me in, I was primarily using his 4 and 3 just to move from group to group and face-murder them as I got used to him, and it became pretty natural to start adding in smokescreen if I wanted to switch to a ranged weapon...at which point it all kind of came together for me and I started really using his while kit and playing with builds

Never really did the shuriken-armorstrip thing though. I don't think armor's a problem with fast melee builds, so someone else can speak to that 

Good luck Tenno! He's a fun frame.

What was your full build for this?

15 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Any well modded weapon can easily one shot most enemies (Noxes are preaty much the only exception) without the need of extra finisher damage up till hour+ endless missions.

It's just not necessary, period, unless you are one of the players that specifically goes to ''Void Mot'' to try and set the next world record or something- even then, there are better options.

yes, no i totally get you, i mean, mesa is even easier to use than ash, and does abit more. But i pretty much finished the star chart, so im just at the point where i want to understand and get good with each warframe, because thats the only content i got left before they bring out fortuna patch.

btw, im leaving nidus last on my last, because his kit looks complicate asf.

7 hours ago, mflames said:

yes, no i totally get you, i mean, mesa is even easier to use than ash, and does abit more. But i pretty much finished the star chart, so im just at the point where i want to understand and get good with each warframe, because thats the only content i got left before they bring out fortuna patch.

btw, im leaving nidus last on my last, because his kit looks complicate asf.

list*

Also the most basic summary on Nidus I can give as somebody who has never used Nidus, but has observed others use him a lot:

1. Find a group of enemies
  2. Press 2
  3. Aim at where your 2 is, then press 1

It sounds and looks a lot simpler then it may be, but that's basically it.

Mobilize mod helps to do that bullet jump to setup 4 trick, for a longer “bullet aim”

Fleeting expertise, as in all frames, makes efficieny so high that you can spam the 3 augment 

If Ash stays in 2 then no defense mod is needed

Constitution I prefer over handspring because of the cool getup animation