Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Nekroses

Lysithea.Nya

Question

Every time I ask whether desecration from multiple nekroses stack with each other in same way, I receive different answers - no, yes, different ways of stacking... people are gathering nerkoses together, so it works in some way, or it's just common disinformation? what's the truth? If possible, I want a proof.

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, rsod25 said:

what's the truth?

My understanding was they don’t really stack. Wiki says:

• Multiple Nekros' Desecrate do not stack directly, except for having more coverage and faster Desecration of multiple corpses.

So, the wiki agrees with me. You should not be able to desecrate the same piece of corpse twice. 

• If there are lag issues, you might be able to. But not if it’s all working as it should.

Well, I've certainly gotten 3 Hemocyte Cystolysts from the same Hemocyte before with multiple Nekros.

I heard that they stack due to host/client desync as long as the host is not also a Nekros using Desecrate as well. 

I've never tested it in depth though so I have no idea why/how it works or if its reliable, or even if it still works.

Nekros desecrates does not stack nor does it guarantee multiple drops of a certain item, if a corpse is desecrated it's gone so there's nothing left to desecrate. I've ran into plenty of groups that choose to bring multiple Nekros', but people are somehow touchy when it comes to their warframe choices so I go with it but results don't change: you got X amount of a resource with 1, you get the same X amount with 4. For hemos it could have spawned something else in it's drop pool maybe a mod or such something unnoticable, single Nekros groups gave more than 1 hemos per go, I've farmed it plenty but like I mentioned desecrate's effect is not guaranteed. Gives you a +1 roll for an extra drop chance that's it.

Bringing multiple Nekros' to a farm usually makes no sense and a waste of a slot, you could have a speedva there for example or something else if need be. Maybe if the Nekros' aren't built for farm and have low range, maybe you won't be camping but roaming in survival around nodes so you cover more areas with multiple or maybe they aren't built for efficiency or something; in those cases sure bring multiple no harm done. Whatever the reason might be you do you, it's not a problem. Leave full optimization to the super duper alpha males and enjoy the game your way.

Edited by Guest

It doesn't really improve chances per corpse, but you can desecrate more corpses in the same time. 

Difference in loot received will not be noticeable over a period, just how quickly the corpses are desecrated. 

I am also assuming you are camping and the nekros are all together, it will be noticeable difference in loot if the nekros are in two different areas with no overlap of desecrate range. 

My typical farm squad usually involves a nekros, hydroid, speedva and one for leeching enemy count or a trinity, cause a trinity is always welcome. 

People saying one Nekros is enough haven't checked the skill description and stats, nor read wiki. In abilities it says it has a 54% chance for extra loot, not 100% like Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm. That why common setup in Vodyanoi is 3 Nekros 1 Nidus, and host preferrably be bit laggy and Nidus so it might stack.

But you CAN get multiple extra pieces of loot from one body, if the body was ripped apart.  So if slash damage is what dealt the killing blow, it splits the corpse up, and each piece can give extra loot from desecrate.

Edited by pyrogriffin