Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Livestream #13!

[DE]Rebecca

Asbach Uralt? Seriously Sheldon calling that stuff brandy is a grave insult not only to every other beverage that could be categorized as such but also to every person bearing that name.

Apart from that great Podcast as usual.

Yay for scarves!!! (haters gonna hate)

...I wish it was a Reactor like promised :c

It was probly turned into a Catalyst because a Reactor alert went up just yesterday.

OK but that was like a two hour chance...This is 24 making it more likely that every one gets a chance at it. They said they would do it. When you put something like that out there, forgetting is not really an excuse. Plus at the end of the show Rebecca even said they could fix it and still make it a Reactor.  And giving 1 extra person a 1000 Plat isn't really a consolation.

On the Ember side of things, I admittedly don't really see how the changes they are making are going to help make the Ember more viable late game.  I didn't even realize that overheat did damage until recently while reading the forums. I just used when we were doing high level missions to survive them.

Sadly Every one complains about the power levels, Tenno are supposed to be awesome, let them be awesome. If people don't want to be awesome build a handicap system into the game. Allow some one to play on a higher difficultly they can set it to where the does 10% less damage/ 10% less shields/ 10% less health, and then 25% then 50%. Maybe they can get more exp, or bonus rare mods at the end of the mission. I understand that it would be difficult to code, but it can't be to hard each of our machines are sending the info about our frames to the host. it could just send the lowered info and then have a flag for a greater reward at the end.

And on the subject of helmets I agree with the other forum topic talking about them. Give the helmets a slot and then make the helmet enhancements a helmet only mod and people can mix and match. That way you can make as many new designs as you like and people that spent money do not fell ripped off, and we can all sport the awesome looks you guys have created....except I can get rid of the Garlic crown on the Saryn.

Trinity, ember and vauban nerfs...

What happened to

"DON'T NERF "X", MAKE "Y" AS GOOD AS "X": Message received and understood."

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55421-update-8-related-work/

Because that way lies power creep. Which is not something this game needs any more of.

Edited by JerryMouse13

Corpus Levels look very neat! It gives more of a atmosphere and interpretation of corpus intensions.

Necro looks badass!

Scarve for the win, PLEASE, have one that is way too long (and floats) like the one in Sega's PS2 version of shinobi, like if it extends that would be awsome.

New roller boss, sounds fun, looking forward to the new Orikin tiles (pans labyrith)

Im looking forward to the armor scaling fix (or change), anything would be better then the existing damage system

I will try to do an objective look at the ember changes seeing as that is what you seem to be asking for. The nice thing about warframe powers is that each of them are different. They could be anything as long as it stays with the theme of that warframe. What Ember needs is not more straight damage. World on Fire is perfect for that. The wonderful thing about ember was that she could deal good damage with world on fire while at the same time increasing her survivability at higher levels with overheat. The warframes need a varying set of powers that can be applied to a variety of situations and tasks, not just damage.

Examples include:

Saryn:  Venom for damage against more specified targets, Moult as a utility when you need a bit of a distraction to escape, contagion for a boost to up close and personal fighting, and Miasma as the go-to, end-all, panic, kill everything button.

Nova: Null star for a nice line of defense against any enemies that get too close, Anti-Matter drop for more damage to specific targets, Wormhole for a wonderful movement utility and an almost unbeatable escape route for when things get too hairy, and of course molecular prime as the end-all panic button.

Frost: (my personal favorite) Freeze, a utility for those times near the end of wave 5 when your team is rushing around to get all the loot and you can keep the last enemy frozen in place so he doesn't kill the pod, Ice wave, a good all around damage attack, Snow Globe most likely the best utility in the game for a corpus defence, and Avalanche as a very useful utility and damage tool that can be used as a chance for a downed ally swarmed with enemies to be revived.

And the list goes on and on: Excalibur: damage, utility, utility, damage; Banshee: utility, utility/ damage, utility, and damage Rhino: damage, utility, utility, damage etc.

The point I am trying to make is with the changes that are coming to Ember she will no longer have that little bit of diversity that overheat gave her. With that as primarily a defensive power it was able to keep her alive while  her other powers such as world on fire wasted all the infested around her. The only way for this change to work well enough would be to give it enough damage that it kills the enemies fast enough that they cannot do as much damage to her. and as such increase her survivability.  Fireblast should be eliminated in that case and combined with world on fire, by giving World on Fire the initial blast damage that fire blast does but otherwise leaving world on fire unchanged. Fire blast could then be replaced with an ability such as napalm which could be shot out like fireball at an area on the floor, and depending on what level it is, would cause a certain percent of enemies who would normally have a path through it to be in effect "scared away" by the fire and reroute to attempt to find another path to their target it could also inflict some normal DOT burn damage on any enemies that are left unphased and proceed to run right through it, That would give ember at least one decent utility power to have and it would further define her as a world-class infested killing machine.

Please make the decision very very carefully!!