The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Necro Ability Discussion

[DE]Megan

I am good with 1 + 2.

Search the dead:

I am not quite liking this. First is that it is an ability that sounds much better being an aura/warframe mod than a warframe specific ability. Second, it seems like it will be a waste of energy for anything than BP farm.

- My suggestion: Turn it to a damaging version of Trinity's Link ability - Call it Soul Chains. Upon cast, give the frame a buff in melee damage depending on the number of enemies being linked, Enemies being linked have slowed speed. Good combo with Terror, I think. Goes well visually with scythes I think, hacking away at enemies while they run away in vain.

Clone the dead:

Using enemies against themselves seem to already be a Nyx thing. And most AI controlled entities will be unable to catch up with warframes anyway if they are lasting ones instead of a short duration control like Nyx. Even if you can clone bosses, the only useful situation this should be used is when you are facing multi bosses like Vor and Krill, because in other cases, it doesn't help the objective much when you already complete it by killing the boss.

- My suggestion: Time for mass destruction , corpse explosion style - someone else name this for me. Upon cast, place a debuff field around the frame similar to Molecular prime of nova, which effects all enemies within it. When these enemies are killed, they will be morphed and transformed to a player friendly version of infested runners (probably won't be infested runners though...maybe an alien style nano bot that burst out of their chest!), which will hang around until they find a target, then they will chase the target, and explode within range.

Edited by RainDreamer

do you mean to necro be a black magician !

the question here is: what makes a magician tries to find something in the bodies of its dead

i see that is bad skill " can be change it to something best

for example,

necro drop the Voodoo doll in front of enemies and the damn turning everyone whatever their gender to light infested, runners and start in the explosion, one after the other :D

this is what called a magic, but search about scrap in the bodies of the dead: (

agree with me supports " press ( + )

A magician is one thing, but there are no tricks here. Necromancers thematically obviously deal with the dead, well what's the best way to find the dead? You go grave robbing, or corpse robbing if you prefer. May as well take anything they didn't think to throw at you before you killed them, right? While it might be a highly unimpressive skill you can't deny the touch of a necromancer that it does portray, which is obviously very hard to do with the theme being space ninjas.

People seem to be forgetting that this game isn't seeped in magic, its about technology. Every Warframe in its little tooltip explains with some scientific speak how it works, not using mana but using energy. So when you try to change the Necro to something out of a medieval setting your forgetting that these are two different genres. So thematically his ult and 3 make the most sense, although the 3 has less explanation behind it. Remember this isn't magic, we have nanobots and physics.

bro-do-you-even-science.jpg

well to be frank hes comepetley right I mean Vauban was supposed to be an engineer like warframe and telsa's mimicked turret behavior if you went purely off the description and not how its used telsa seems like a rework of volt's shock ability.

the ideas don't befit a true necromancer but with proper execution things like the voodoo totem wont matter. for instance if the totem is a shinigami rising from the floor.... i'd say that works... if its just a purple or black cylinder with some minor detail.... yeah I could see that being a bit of a let down.

like I said before though ability 3 is going to mostly be determined by how much and what kind of loot can be looted because if mats can be looted then you KNOW this is going to be a frame favorite.

as far as ultimate not being true necromancy... since the grineer and corpus have no clue as to how the warframes work for all they know those nanite clones mite as well be their friends that they were telling to leave their mother out of the argument right before seeing them get beheaded by necro with hate.

Edited by Rokusho66

Honestly, I thought the third ability sounded useless, but given that the RNG god seems to $&*^ people over with energy and health spheres, it might be less so - but it'll be redundant on Survival and Defense missions, as well as with Energy Vampire.

The second ability... I'd prefer it'd do DOT instead of causing enemies to flee. And, hopefully, the super has advantages over Nyx's own possession move.

This looks like a awefully nice frame to play with...but I thought that about Nova as well...and yes she is super awesome, but i'm a Rhino player and his playstyle suits me like a glove, pretty much because i like jumping in and getting my feet wet....hahahha, I had the same hopes for Ash, but with his on-target skills system, it seriously messed with the smoothness of his style...while with Rhino you can activate skills on the fly and not lose a stride making it a more flowing experience.

With Necro I hope they follow the same system...make his power focus around him, either defencively or offensively.

Also, bring in the real freaky with his powers...where is the skeletal / bone aspect in his arsenal. Skills based around what a necromancer is would be super.

1.  Bone Wall: Necro raises a section of wall as cover. The bony protrusions on the wall does thorns damage to mobs as they try to get to necro, lvling this skill makes the wall wider and with more health...mobs has to attack it break it down, but only sections break loose...make it susceptable to fire attacks. Friendly fire would damage the wall as well.

2.  Murder of Crows: Upon killing a mob, necro steals the soul of the mob and transforms it into a shadow crow that flies in a circular path around Necro. (like novas particles)  Mobs that get to close to Necro are attacked upon which the crow dies. As a secondary, necro gets a small speed boost with each crow that is added..(could be team buff). This skill would be toggle based and would continuously use power, untill power is depleted or it is deactivated.

3.  Death shroud: Necro warps reality around himself and steps partly into the realm of death. he becomes untangible and takes less damage per lvl tier for the duration of the skill. Death comes with a price as necro loses some health continuously while under the influence of Death Shroud...killing mobs effectively steals small amounts of their souls and adds it to Necro's vitality base.

4. Mass Sacrifice: Necro summons a sigil of death on the floor mobs that enter the sigil has a counter placed on them, after 3 secs the counter activates and a bone pillars erupts from the ground imapling and lifting  every mob in the air. New mobs that enter the sigil has the counter placed on them, if they manage leave the area, the are spared....if not, they get sacrificed. During this time Necro is chanting in the centre of the sigil, he is susceptible to damage and if killed or knocked down, the sigil is broken.

We are probably close to update 10 and to create skills like these would take time, but i feel this gives great interactivity between the different skills and makes this a great support frame as well as a possible solo frame for players who knows how to use the skills to ultimate use.

Just a thought...use it don't use it.

I am good with 1 + 2.

Search the dead:

I am not quite liking this. First is that it is an ability that sounds much better being an aura/warframe mod than a warframe specific ability. Second, it seems like it will be a waste of energy for anything than BP farm.

- My suggestion: Turn it to a damaging version of Trinity's Link ability - Call it Soul Chains. Upon cast, give the frame a buff in melee damage depending on the number of enemies being linked, Enemies being linked have slowed speed. Good combo with Terror, I think. Goes well visually with scythes I think, hacking away at enemies while they run away in vain.

Clone the dead:

Using enemies against themselves seem to already be a Nyx thing. And most AI controlled entities will be unable to catch up with warframes anyway if they are lasting ones instead of a short duration control like Nyx. Even if you can clone bosses, the only useful situation this should be used is when you are facing multi bosses like Vor and Krill, because in other cases, it doesn't help the objective much when you already complete it by killing the boss.

- My suggestion: Time for mass destruction , corpse explosion style - someone else name this for me. Upon cast, place a debuff field around the frame similar to Molecular prime of nova, which effects all enemies within it. When these enemies are killed, they will be morphed and transformed to a player friendly version of infested runners (probably won't be infested runners though...maybe an alien style nano bot that burst out of their chest!), which will hang around until they find a target, then they will chase the target, and explode within range.

How about an ability like 'Soul Chain' (that name!) That makes all enemies in an area become connected in some way so that when you damage/kill  one, all the others receive the same/buffed damage . How about it? 

A magician is one thing, but there are no tricks here. Necromancers thematically obviously deal with the dead, well what's the best way to find the dead? You go grave robbing, or corpse robbing if you prefer. May as well take anything they didn't think to throw at you before you killed them, right? While it might be a highly unimpressive skill you can't deny the touch of a necromancer that it does portray, which is obviously very hard to do with the theme being space ninjas.

that is a black magic skill because the word of TERROR TOTEM  appeared in ancient africa and america and are relevant to the metaphysics and black magic , this of course, to my knowledge :) may be mistaken

This looks like a awefully nice frame to play with...but I thought that about Nova as well...and yes she is super awesome, but i'm a Rhino player and his playstyle suits me like a glove, pretty much because i like jumping in and getting my feet wet....hahahha, I had the same hopes for Ash, but with his on-target skills system, it seriously messed with the smoothness of his style...while with Rhino you can activate skills on the fly and not lose a stride making it a more flowing experience.

With Necro I hope they follow the same system...make his power focus around him, either defencively or offensively.

Also, bring in the real freaky with his powers...where is the skeletal / bone aspect in his arsenal. Skills based around what a necromancer is would be super.

1.  Bone Wall: Necro raises a section of wall as cover. The bony protrusions on the wall does thorns damage to mobs as they try to get to necro, lvling this skill makes the wall wider and with more health...mobs has to attack it break it down, but only sections break loose...make it susceptable to fire attacks. Friendly fire would damage the wall as well.

2.  Murder of Crows: Upon killing a mob, necro steals the soul of the mob and transforms it into a shadow crow that flies in a circular path around Necro. (like novas particles)  Mobs that get to close to Necro are attacked upon which the crow dies. As a secondary, necro gets a small speed boost with each crow that is added..(could be team buff). This skill would be toggle based and would continuously use power, untill power is depleted or it is deactivated.

3.  Death shroud: Necro warps reality around himself and steps partly into the realm of death. he becomes untangible and takes less damage per lvl tier for the duration of the skill. Death comes with a price as necro loses some health continuously while under the influence of Death Shroud...killing mobs effectively steals small amounts of their souls and adds it to Necro's vitality base.

4. Mass Sacrifice: Necro summons a sigil of death on the floor mobs that enter the sigil has a counter placed on them, after 3 secs the counter activates and a bone pillars erupts from the ground imapling and lifting  every mob in the air. New mobs that enter the sigil has the counter placed on them, if they manage leave the area, the are spared....if not, they get sacrificed. During this time Necro is chanting in the centre of the sigil, he is susceptible to damage and if killed or knocked down, the sigil is broken.

We are probably close to update 10 and to create skills like these would take time, but i feel this gives great interactivity between the different skills and makes this a great support frame as well as a possible solo frame for players who knows how to use the skills to ultimate use.

Just a thought...use it don't use it.

I really love your ideas, but as some people said....Warframe is science-oriented game. Still..maybe the orokin found ways to merge Science and magic? After all, some warframes' powers are...supernatural. Take nyx, for example?

Futuristic Necromancy

Soul Punch - The necromancy part of this comes from the fact that when the target gets hit there is an after effect, almost like the soul being literally sucker punched out him, that flys out and hits someone else. While pretty unimpressive in design the basic idea behind is emitting a force that, upon impact, applies some form of corrosion and then continues on with the collateral. Think of this like a shotgun, the initial burst is tight inside the barrel until it reaches the end, the first target, breaking apart but still continuing in the same direction. For whatever reason I couldn't think of the term shrapnel until now but hopefully i've made my point.

Terror Totem - I believe Necromancers inspire fear through the use of the dead or just the fact that their name literally means death/dead manipulator. I'll take this as the totem being thrown out and displaying an image (cause that's the important part) but also releasing a chemical that can induce mass hysteria in the surrounding area. Obviously Warframes have built a tolerance to this.

Search the Dead - I posted about this already but I'll refresh. Necromancers, in the past, needed access to corpses for their abilities to really do anything, therefore grave digging. May as well grave rob while you're at it, thus Search the Dead. Let's try this one, the necroframe releases nanites into the surrounding area to attack dead flesh, leaving behind any scraps for you and your team to do whatever you want with. Obviously we want this to give us mods and resources but until they elaborate a little more we might have to expect the worst.

Clone the Dead - Necromancers raise the dead, not that hard really. Also this one gets explained, nanites rebuild previous kills into minions that do good and fight crime. It's only cloning because, well, obviously we can't raise the dead, but we can rebuild them.

That's my take on how it fits Necromancy and still fits Warframe, make any sense?

I really love your ideas, but as some people said....Warframe is science-oriented game. Still..maybe the orokin found ways to merge Science and magic? After all, some warframes' powers are...supernatural. Take nyx, for example?

this is true, but i believe that all the skills i listed can be attributed to the field of Nanytes, I think Necro's whole idea is not literally the power over life and death, but rather the ability to force nanytes to his will and subsequently the expression of his personality which in this case is necromancy. We already know through the nature of other frames, that Nanytes can: make you Teleport, Grow spiky steel armor, award your damage output with healing, etc etc. This means that science is a primary factor of the reality, but with a good dose of "Say what?"...thrown into the mix...Nyx is an excelent example as is Loki, not to mention Mag and crush.

If  dabbling with the supernatural (which is part of the ninja ethos) was not an option, the Necro should not have been on table to begin with...I for one am glad it is....whats next...a Monkey king style/ Tiger style, Crane , Mantis, Panda....eeeeek...maybe not.

Edited by Barrieros

After some thought on the matter, I came up with the following idea: assuming Search the Dead is not replaced by something completely different and vastly more useful because DE likes the idea of the skill, I propose the following change:

-Rename the skill to Reap.

-Change the skill to deal medium AoE damage in front of Necro.

-Any enemies killed by the skill drop excess items.  (Come to think of it, this would be an viable take on the Life Drain skill too, if it just directly gave you health/energy for each enemy killed.)

I like the look of this frame, and both its first and ultimate powers seem really cool, but I can't help but feel like it's second and third powers are weak. I'm loath to see any "loot" type boosts in this game, not because I hate resources, but because these abilities take away from the offensive/defensive capabilities of the frame. For example, Excalibur is a nice jack of all trades, but it always feels like Super Jump is a bit useless. It negates most of your momentum, has trouble with ledges, and needs to be maxed with all available power boosts in order to reach sufficient height to activate Heavy Impact. I don't use it in combat, because Slash Dash deals damage and can get me out of the crowd rather than above it. I don't use it when speedrunning, because it shoots me straight up in the air and never goes high enough to reach the ledge I'm after. I believe that Search The Dead, or something similar, will fall into this same category of powers. It's not a combat skill, and it's not much of a support skill.

Losing out on the potential of another ability feels like a high cost to pay for a small boost to resource gain.

And that brings up a small issue with Terror Totem. As fun as that name is, having a deployable ability means that we're missing out on another offensive/defensive ability. Because it causes a "fear" reaction in enemies, it feels like it should work like Radial Blind only with a fear reaction rather than a stun. I'm not as keen on immediately ditching this ability, as it could be useful as a means of area denial. However, a support skill of this nature combined with Search the Dead leaves you with a frame that has a very odd skillset. You can raise minions, deal direct damage with Soul Punch, deny an area with Terror Totem, and... cause more resources to spawn?

I don't currently have a better idea for something to replace Search the Dead, but it feels like another somewhat offensive or somewhat defensive ability should take it's place. I say 'somewhat' because I would hope that this new ability would in some way have to do with being a summoner. Our necromancer has only one power that raises the dead. Maybe this new power could be a buff for the team? A buff for raised minions? A smaller, less costly set of minions? Perhaps you could tweak the last two powers, have the current ult be your 3, and only raise the last enemy killed. Meanwhile, "Clone the Dead" could have a timer set on yourself and your team, any enemies killed while the ability is active will clone them. That way, you could quickly build and maintain a small horde of allied drones. As you're plowing through large groups of enemies, your ult could be really useful to very quickly amass followers. Then, as they die off, when you kill a heavy, or after a boss fight, you can use your 3 ability to summon a copy of the last enemy you killed. Kill Vor or someone, then hang onto him and cast 3 when you need a friendly Vor to take the heat off of you. Those two abilities combined would make Necro an invaluable solo frame, with his area denial and mob production being a huge buff to group play on defense missions. When all else fails, there's still Soul Punch to deal some direct damage.

I probably wouldn't be so set against Search the Dead if the new sentinel didn't get a stupidly large amount of community support for resource gathering. There's already a system in game for picking up resources: Your Legs. Kick a mod, pick it up. We don't have a healing sentinel, we don't have one with a shotgun, there's a whole world of possibility... and the community wants a little drone to hover around and pick things up for them. I figure, the sentinel won't even trigger until you're close, what with it hovering over your shoulder most times. Why bother with the ability at all, then? If you're already close enough at any given time to have the sentinel trigger, you might as well walk over the resources yourself. At that point, it can't be terribly out of your way, and it means that now you can bring a sentinel that's actually useful, like Dethcube or Shade. I will admit that Search the Dead and the loot pickup ability on the new sentinel might pair well together, but then you have to think about the metagame.

You have to ask yourself, how much of a boost to resource gain are we talking? How would this ability affect, and be affected by, the ability of the new sentinel to pick up loot items? You could see a drastic rise in the amount of resources farmed from missions, and then how does the in-game market react? Do we see yet another set of ultra-expensive, super complex clan weapons to compensate for faster resource gains with Necro party members?

Search the Dead causes more problems than it solves, and that's the worst type of power. Let's see something offensive, defensive, or a little more team-oriented.

I probably wouldn't be so set against Search the Dead if the new sentinel didn't get a stupidly large amount of community support for resource gathering. There's already a system in game for picking up resources: Your Legs. Kick a mod, pick it up. We don't have a healing sentinel, we don't have one with a shotgun, there's a whole world of possibility... and the community wants a little drone to hover around and pick things up for them. I figure, the sentinel won't even trigger until you're close, what with it hovering over your shoulder most times. Why bother with the ability at all, then? If you're already close enough at any given time to have the sentinel trigger, you might as well walk over the resources yourself. At that point, it can't be terribly out of your way, and it means that now you can bring a sentinel that's actually useful, like Dethcube or Shade. I will admit that Search the Dead and the loot pickup ability on the new sentinel might pair well together, but then you have to think about the metagame.

First, sort of off-topic.

Second, too soon.

Might add something like, when you use the totem, the mobs or npc's that freezes, will turn into corrupted and making them easier to kill. :P

Anyways, this sounds badass, and the boss would be a hell to farm! Since its kinda the biggest and hardest :P

Soul punch : we do need reduced armor ? so far most of the weapon can already one shot enemies most of the warframe abilities can  massacre enemies i don't see the point of armor reduction 

Terror Totem :  Necros never used  totems in the first place  :| so kinda sounds weird to me :$ and  and i still dont see the point of enemies fleeing they flee anyways :| which is annoying already :| 

search of the dead i  kinda useless ?:| why can we run ?:| i  mean whats the point of it? i don't think  this ability should be even allowed i don't think we need a  material vacuum warframe :| Sorry 

Clone of the dead : and X summons is scary by alot :D i mean lets say 5 ... 5 random mobs running around shooting enemies and the ai its pretty dumb already  i don't think this will make  any use of in the missions most of the time we have to run or we have to kill for meat shield there is rhino and frost i think this ability have many bad drawbacks like stuck  in places or  messing up other stuff  i think  these all need a serious rethinking  and a good background story to accept necromancer in the game itself 

im not saying the concept is any wrong but these ability's totally useless as far i can see , copy paste from wiki :D  is a claimed form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge. The term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft 

at least we should stay in the aspect of Necromancer or necromancy but i totally love the looks of the frame

Soul punch as name it now should be something like a swarm of  deathly bugs or something   something similar with nova but  kind of a protective swarm allowing it absorb dmg and maybe place it in the 2nd ability slot 

1st ability more like an optional spell or skill with either  mind of support ,or offensive

Support like : life drain that  drain health and  heal percentage of maximum health for the whole party  3 point ability 10 -15-20% ? or something like that 

Offensive ability like:  healing only the caster dealing  x dmg and healing y% of that dmg on the  necro ? 

3 ability could be some kind of   creature but ppl probably would complain about it ( to pets  no far op bla bla other things like that which no one really cares about ) so lets go along some utility like binding or (blinding) curse would be nice banshee silence i never used it there is any point in that skill anyway?:| so probably this one not the best solution 

4th ability  we have enough high dmg  ultimate we need one with  less over raping enemies with it,sadly i dont really have any more comment on this one but raising dead  S#&$ probably make many  stuff more confusing since mind controlled enemies also get killed  in first sight which have hardly uses because of the  silly ppl that kill it  that ability only have any use if u are alone 

probably this last part didnt  make to much sense but  ability's for necromancer is not easy to think of because they use magic not  machine

So good luck guys i hope for the best have pleasant day :)

1: depends on the amount of damage it deals. Another pointless missile num1 attack would be great

2: depends on range without mods and effectiveness against heavies

3: does it give us mods and mats? How does it work once the enemies have dissolved? Does it loot them anyway? If yes to both heck yeah gimmie dat

Also: i don't think some people understand "generate" so they think it means pull in all existing loot when it means make new loot. Right?

4: depends on number of drones and their effectiveness at high levels and if they have a timer or not(how about no)

Also depends what they generate as. If their drones(like sentinels) that have a floating range further away from you cool... Maybe. But if their on two legs mehhhhhhh(unless their similar the pink necros from dawn of war that would thrash you in melee). Are there variants? Chance for melee, chance for range, chance for heavy?

Edited by dukelego

1: depends on the amount of damage it deals. Another pointless missile num1 attack would be great

2: depends on range without mods and effectiveness against heavies

3: does it give us mods and mats? How does it work once the enemies have dissolved? Does it loot them anyway? If yes to both heck yeah gimmie dat

Also: i don't think some people understand "generate" so they think it means pull in all existing loot when it means make new loot. Right?

4: depends on number of drones and their effectiveness at high levels and if they have a timer or not(how about no)

Also depends what they generate as. If their drones(like sentinels) that have a floating range further away from you cool... Maybe. But if their on two legs mehhhhhhh(unless their similar the pink necros from dawn of war that would thrash you in melee). Are there variants? Chance for melee, chance for range, chance for heavy?

I think the search the dead is simply that you cast it and it affects those in the radius then when killed this does generate more loot but can't be used as replicant clones, people seem to think it lots items for you which it doesn't it just generates additional loot from does that you still have to walk over to pick up Edited by The_Unlife

Soul punch : we do need reduced armor ? so far most of the weapon can already one shot enemies most of the warframe abilities can  massacre enemies i don't see the point of armor reduction 

Terror Totem :  Necros never used  totems in the first place  :| so kinda sounds weird to me :$ and  and i still dont see the point of enemies fleeing they flee anyways :| which is annoying already :| 

search of the dead i  kinda useless ?:| why can we run ?:| i  mean whats the point of it? i don't think  this ability should be even allowed i don't think we need a  material vacuum warframe :| Sorry 

Clone of the dead : and X summons is scary by alot :D i mean lets say 5 ... 5 random mobs running around shooting enemies and the ai its pretty dumb already  i don't think this will make  any use of in the missions most of the time we have to run or we have to kill for meat shield there is rhino and frost i think this ability have many bad drawbacks like stuck  in places or  messing up other stuff  i think  these all need a serious rethinking  and a good background story to accept necromancer in the game itself 

im not saying the concept is any wrong but these ability's totally useless as far i can see , copy paste from wiki :D  is a claimed form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge. The term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft 

at least we should stay in the aspect of Necromancer or necromancy but i totally love the looks of the frame

Soul punch as name it now should be something like a swarm of  deathly bugs or something   something similar with nova but  kind of a protective swarm allowing it absorb dmg and maybe place it in the 2nd ability slot 

1st ability more like an optional spell or skill with either  mind of support ,or offensive

Support like : life drain that  drain health and  heal percentage of maximum health for the whole party  3 point ability 10 -15-20% ? or something like that 

Offensive ability like:  healing only the caster dealing  x dmg and healing y% of that dmg on the  necro ? 

3 ability could be some kind of   creature but ppl probably would complain about it ( to pets  no far op bla bla other things like that which no one really cares about ) so lets go along some utility like binding or (blinding) curse would be nice banshee silence i never used it there is any point in that skill anyway?:| so probably this one not the best solution 

4th ability  we have enough high dmg  ultimate we need one with  less over raping enemies with it,sadly i dont really have any more comment on this one but raising dead  S#&$ probably make many  stuff more confusing since mind controlled enemies also get killed  in first sight which have hardly uses because of the  silly ppl that kill it  that ability only have any use if u are alone 

probably this last part didnt  make to much sense but  ability's for necromancer is not easy to think of because they use magic not  machine

So good luck guys i hope for the best have pleasant day :)

one thing why would teammates be able to kill your minions? also i think they will probably glow in your energy color.