ive replaced the 4 sticks of ram

ive rechecked and optimized the warframe installation

windows SFC scannow comes back clean

thermals are nominal on cpu and gpu

i dont feel like this is a hardware issue, 

playing at 1080p with V-sync  

(trust me the system is not stressed)

the system runs A-ok on stresstest loops from 3dmark firestrike and time spy

assassins creed and tomb raider run maxed out.

the max while stress testing benchmarks ive seen was cpu 70'c and gpu about 65'c ish

new pc build

gtx 1080

i7-8700k

16gb ram

ssd c drive

800Watt gold rated psu

Edited by KuramaKitsune

Just now, Loza03 said:

Has this happened multiple times? If not, it might have been a coincidental power failure.

I assume it has happened multiple times and that's why you're posting, but I'm just trying to cover the obvious bases first, sometimes they get overlooked.

every time we play warframe pretty much 

today we were playing a couple hours no issue till now

the fastest time was within about 10 minutes of play

Just now, KuramaKitsune said:

every time we play warframe pretty much 

today we were playing a couple hours no issue till now

the fastest time was within about 10 minutes of play

Just letting you know, I'm not that good at problems like this, I'm mostly trying to determine as much information as possible for the people who can help you, as this seems like a serious issue, so I'll do what little I can to help resolve it.

That being said, was there any common links? You said there was no warning, but were you doing the same kind of activity?

Secondly, will your computer turn on immediately afterwards? I've never heard of a glitch turning off the computer before, so there could still be a chance it's an unlucky coincidence it always happens when playing Warframe.

Despite the above tests, I’m going to go with an auto shutdown from overheating - or if not actually overheating, the sensor is telling the computer it is...

do you have any other high stress games you could try out?  Play something else for an hour with high demands on your system.  See if that does it too.

i can’t see any direct bug or glitch from any game that could shut off your power.  The game’s influences on your system don’t extend to power switches.

1 hour ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

You might be able to view the reason for the shutdown with this free little tool http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/computer_turned_on_times.html

good plan, 

but ive checked the event log, 

and it seems the shutdown is SOO sudden that it does not write an error in the log even,,.,..

im replacing the psu with a seasonic ssr-1200PD  just for shts and giggles 

6 hours ago, KuramaKitsune said:

good plan, 

but ive checked the event log, 

and it seems the shutdown is SOO sudden that it does not write an error in the log even,,.,..

im replacing the psu with a seasonic ssr-1200PD  just for shts and giggles 

Damn, I was really hoping the log would tell you more. My other thought would be the PSU yeah, though I would expect it to also fail in various other scenarios you've already tried. Bit stumped on this one. Let me know if replacing the PSU worked. If not I hope someone else will see this topic and have a (possible) solution. Good luck, Tenno.

5 minutes ago, hooperinius said:

And it doesn't do this in other games like say the Witcher 3? And you use msi afterburner to watch temps in game so no overheat?

intel burn test,
looped 3dmark
other games

70c max cpu

65ish gpu

warframe is the ONLY game tht causes ANY problems whatsoever 

(there are shadows that bug out in shadow of the tomb raider but that not anything)

4 minutes ago, hooperinius said:

Bizarre. Bad power supply is my first thought. Anything 500w should be enough for your setup. Seasonic or Antec bronze on up. I hate problems like that because it's hard to diagnose.

the last psu was a Raidmax rx-850-ae gold

honestly, 400 watts would run the cpu and a single 1080...(depending on the 1080, and stock cpu)

the psu in question worked just fine on the old mobo and cpu for a handfull of years up till i upgraded my buddy last week

Edited by KuramaKitsune

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

sounds like possibly having a memory leak issue and should maybe try uninstall reinstall of wf to get a fix of whatever file error causing it.  as it sounds like wf using up resorses and not letting them go like normally would till none left and causes whole thing to crash

well ive rechecked the install files, 

but in other strange cases, a full delete and reinstall never hurts.

will do now.

1 minute ago, KuramaKitsune said:

well ive rechecked the install files, 

but in other strange cases, a full delete and reinstall never hurts.

will do now.

in strange things going on like this only thing to do is rule out one thing at a time till it stops.  sometimes never really know what went wrong completely just know that X  or Y fixed it because did those then it stopped

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

in strange things going on like this only thing to do is rule out one thing at a time till it stops.  sometimes never really know what went wrong completely just know that X  or Y fixed it because did those then it stopped

you got that right mate,

new cpu new mobo 

2 sets of matched ram

new psu

a full wipe and reinstall 

on a new install of windows

new drivers  

if it dont work now, 

imma just put my exit bag on

Edited by KuramaKitsune

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

yeah, nothing in the event logs

it crashes literally so fast and hard, it dont have time to even register an error to the log

Edited by KuramaKitsune

9 minutes ago, KuramaKitsune said:

yeah, nothing in the event logs

it crashes literally so fast and hard, it dont have time to even register an error to the log

Since that doesn't log anything, here's a thought...have you tried a hardware monitor for temperatures and more? It might not actually be overheating, but it might still think it's overheating which something like this would notice:
https://openhardwaremonitor.org/downloads/
You can let it log, even as much as every second. Then when it crashes/shuts down again, you might find something useful in it's log. This thing logs temperature, voltage use, etc etc for CPU, GPU and memory. And it's free.
Hope it helps to give you some more info.

Edit: Did a little test and suddenly shut down the program. But it updates the logfile at every interval, so a sudden shutdown should not negatively affect the log.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

if that doesnt fix it can get the hardware monitor as could be damaged or failing hardware component.  inside of a pc is very fragile it takes no more than half a second of not thinking to ruin circuits inside a pc.  so its not unheard of that someone thinking to save money working on it them selves reached in ungrounded and static electricity fries things.  or that a professional accidentally forgets to ground and does it.  and the monitor will give you idea whats failing or damaged if that turns out to be case