Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swapping Warframes (only) In Endless Mission? Yay & Nay

Makunogo

would you be more inclined to continue your endless mission if you were able to swap frames between Rotations? This Would Only Apply To Something Like Survival/Defense/s Interception (an other thing i think would make arbitrations a bit more interesting)  with a maximum of say 3 Swaps?

now here is the catch, The frame you switch into would be completly random (to avoid long wait times mostly) Using The First Loadout (Loadout A)

For those who like endurance runs I would think this is a good way for players possibly engage more into the mission (and its completly optional nobody has to swap)

Its just a random idea i had when i was endurance running on a frame and was starting to get bored at around 15 minutes but i didn't want to just leave yet. 

of course simply restarting the mission is an option, but generally i am open to the idea of having more fun options to change things up in mission.

and again this would be for long endurance (ish) missions the ones where getting to rotation C isn't exactly short.

For the sake of not turning this into a complete crapstorm. I would like everyone who posts to ATTEMPT to give BOTH a positive and negative impact something like this could have. Lets share ideas and not choke each other out. 

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

would you be more inclined to continue your endless mission if you were able to swap frames between Rotations? This Would Only Apply To Something Like Survival/Defense/s Interception (an other thing i think would make arbitrations a bit more interesting)  with a maximum of say 3 Swaps?

now here is the catch, The frame you switch into would be completly random (to avoid long wait times mostly) Using The First Loadout (Loadout A)

For those who like endurance runs I would think this is a good way for players possibly engage more into the mission (and its completly optional nobody has to swap)

Its just a random idea i had when i was endurance running on a frame and was starting to get bored at around 15 minutes but i didn't want to just leave yet. 

of course simply restarting the mission is an option, but generally i am open to the idea of having more fun options to change things up in mission.

and again this would be for long endurance (ish) missions the ones where getting to rotation C isn't exactly short.

For the sake of not turning this into a complete crapstorm. I would like everyone who posts to ATTEMPT to give BOTH a positive and negative impact something like this could have. Lets share ideas and not choke each other out. 

The problem with this idea stems from two sources:

Randomizing the choices leads to a lot of tedious and unnecessary loadout management.  A player would have to be extremely cautious with ALL frames in their arsenal with this mechanic, which would become a great strain for a lot of players.  Not to mention that their are many of us who possess a lot if not all frames.  Do you really want to be deep into a MOT run and your frame is randomly switched to that Nyx you never use?  How about the Vauban that has no way to survive those deep runs?  Titania doesn't seem very suited for any kinds of endless play, etc.

The more pressing issue Imo is that you should always stick with the consequences of your actions.  And this scenario opposes my previous point.  If you decide to take Wukong into a deep run and find yourself barely hanging on, why should RNG bless you with an Octavia an hour into the mission?  Where's the rewarding gameplay?  I thought the object of endless missions was to create personal challenges to push the boundaries of what a chosen frame could accomplish?  For example, I used to think Mag was horrible until I spent almost 3 hours in the Void learning where her strength really lies.  With a randomized system there's no way I get that insight.

If this were to be implemented, it should be as an option, such as nightmare missions are.  There are some benefits I can imagine, such as practice with lesser played frames in a higher pressure environment.  Or even with a group of friends you find some unique team synergy, but once again, it would need to be as an option only.  I'm all for new ideas, as long as the core fundamentals are either kept in tact or are modified to the satisfaction of the majority overall....

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity

"(and its completly optional nobody has to swap)"  i quoted myself cus it seems you missed it

rewarding gameplay? really lol. the only difference is enemies hit harder. that's hardly rewarding. its more of. avoid getting hit or die at some point. but thats not the point of the thread at all.

i mean i could just start with octavia? the same thing kind of applies.. we can get bored of what were using after a while. i have seen several people fall asleep in endurance runs. 

an other thing. your first reason is exactly why i propose random switches. it forces people to be more familiar with other frames. a lot of people have wanted more customization ect. yet we hardly ues what we already have. arbitration got me into using gara after i saw a 300% str buff and now its one of my favorite frames to use.

my first idea was to have a selection of 3 frames. the same problem can occur just on a smaller scale. map getting to hard? switch to octavia(or whichever other frame they chose). this is not the reasoning behind my idea.

the reasoning is to make the game more engaging. if some people feel like using a specific frame. they don't have to switch. but having the option to switch (it would still be random from the 3) 

heck could make it cost 1 revive or something to make it more interesting lol

Im literally coming up with this as i'm typing.

Edited by Makunogo

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Sure, but give it a half hour cool down. And you start the mission with the cool down. 

hmm yes this would make sense. tho DE is more or less against endless runs in the sense that they don't encourage it (besides in arbitration edit: and i guess ESO kind of? more or less). but yea this could be a step in the right direction. not sure about 30 minutes tho. perhaps 20? that would be Rot C of survival and approx time for 20 waves of defense and a full cycle of interception.

also if it wasn't clear this would only be on nodes. no special missions. so its not exactly game breaking (imo)

Edited by Makunogo

I kinda picture this as something akin to air support charges (with limitations on use):

*Player triggers frame swap charge*

Ordis: New frame en-route. Prepare for exchange.

*New frame arrives at drop point.*

Ordis: Warframe delivered. Please transfer at your earliest convenience.

(Alternative) Ordis: *Glitchy humming of Ride of the Valkyries* Hop in, operator!

Edited by MasterBurik