Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted weapons Vs arbiter drones

(XBOX)KayAitch

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Ah, but you mentioned DE's logic earlier. Do you reckon a full scale rework of Unique weapons to make them actually behave like abilities is something that's on the table? Because I, sadly, don't.

I don't either 😞 But that doesn't mean they don't need it. If all they are ever meant to be is a flashy alternative weapon primarily for damage purposes then they will never any better than any other high end weapon that can actually be equipped on other frames who's abilities bring more to the table.

The combos should give more unique results than standard melee stances like a flailing Hysteria Talon dash that lets you redirect it like Revenant's reworked Reave, or Exalted Blade dash that causes you to jump then fire several shockwaves downward auto hitting enemies in close range before landing, or Iron Staff combo that throws out a very long extended Staff that swivels around targeting and hits enemies quickly before returning. Artemis Bow should probably have better control of the arrow spread on the fly, and maybe a charge-up fire that sends auto-targeting arrows in a cone that cripple enemies hit.

Probably all bad examples, but the idea is just for something mechanically different from just being another weapon that you have to forma... Of course the special combos and charge-ups should probably have an additional energy cost when used or cooldown to prevent spam and exploitation when applicable.

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm making sense, okay. Just roll with it.

XD

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Basically, I don't agree that Unique weapons are actually "designed" to be abilities.

Well, if they were a little closer to abilities they wouldn't be as limited by their current shortcomings. DE seems to be confused as to where these ability/weapons stand.

23 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Wukong has no other use besides his staff,

Yeah, that's definitely a Wukong+Exalted weapons compounded issue which makes it so much worse. Fingers crossed for him getting a good overhaul soon. Enveloping Cloud wasn't the grand solution I think DE expected it to be. Lol

My top 3 frames are Ash, Nyx, and Limbo, so I fully appreciate the pain of waiting for much needed overhauls through all of their iterations. But at least I've gotten some decent improvements on mine over the years (still waiting on the Nyx rework <.<). The only notable update Wukong has received since release has been the Exalted weapon Arsenal addition if I'm remembering correctly.

17 hours ago, Kainosh said:

What about Mesa? Her pistols are also Exalted weapons.  Want em to target Drones too?  Because that is what gonna happen. It will be foken unfair if Excal can and Mesa cant, so DE will let her in too.  And then she will Dominate.

That's why I said this, back in the OP:

On 2018-11-04 at 2:20 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Arbitration drones should follow the same rules as nullifiers - abilities won't target them, but aimed exalted weapons should still be able to take them out.

It's weirdly inconsistent that they're different.

5 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

what if ind funny is garas kit except 3&4 can not only affect but kill the drones

while exalted blade , irons staff, claws ect are 0%damage 

Wait, Gara's kit works? That would make her the undisputed queen of arbitration, 4, 2, hit the 4 with her 1, repeat to win.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Probably all bad examples, but the idea is just for something mechanically different from just being another weapon that you have to forma... Of course the special combos and charge-ups should probably have an additional energy cost when used or cooldown to prevent spam and exploitation when applicable.

I know what you mean, and my Primal Fury 2.0 thread does exactly that. Gives it combos with unqiue effects that absolutely make it an ability. Although I'd still argue that the Staff part of it should count as a weapon. 

I mean, I see Exalted Blade as two things. The sword I class as "weapon", and the wave I class as "ability".

Fingers crossed for him getting a good overhaul soon.

Doubtful, Pablo has stated that he won't be, and it's evident that no one at DE is interested in Wukong.

The only notable update Wukong has received since release has been the Exalted weapon Arsenal addition if I'm remembering correctly.

Don't forget that great buff he got early on, where they made his #1 add to (but not benefit from) the combo counter. 

And, to be honest, the arsenal change is arguably a nerf, given we lost 10 mod points on the weapons. 

Honestly, the only frame that really can't be taken into arby's is Titania. Even against Infested, which is practically anything-goes from a comp standpoint since you can player-skill your survivability far higher than your build contributes against them. She's an entirely debuff-based 100/100/65 frame that gets nearly all of her non-death from exalt mode- which also has a massive cast time, just like the rest of her kit. At least Excal has 225 armor.

Was really saddened by this, I got excited for getting to run a >500% blitz when the mode came out.

On 2018-11-05 at 7:27 PM, Kainosh said:

What about Mesa? Her pistols are also Exalted weapons.  Want em to target Drones too?  Because that is what gonna happen. It will be foken unfair if Excal can and Mesa cant, so DE will let her in too.  And then she will Dominate.

Actually, that's a separate flag from "can be hurt by exalts". See Capture targets, etc.

14 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Just read a tweet about how you can equip Garuda's Talons if you have no other melee weapon equipped.

It kinda feels like that should be the rule for every exhalted weapon - don't equip a secondary on Mesa and she can fire her Peacemakers as normal pistols, don't equip a melee on Nezha and his Chakram becomes a glaive, etc.

Probably wouldn't help poor Titania much though, running round with her tiny pistols held in her fingertips.