Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Idea : No Shield Bypass

Sebrent

In order to attempt to add more potential variety to builds, I believe creating a new Arcane that would cause a % of bleed, toxin, etc. to affect shields, scaling up to 100% at max Arcane rank, would provide this.

At higher levels of difficulty, shields are often written off since there are sources of damage that bypass them.

This affects the use of shield mods as well as the perspectives held about kubrows, warframe abilities, etc. related to shields.

I believe the addition of this Arcane would provide another way to increase max EHP as well as provide potential builds for "more tankiness" for the warframes with more shields and could potentially synergize well with Arcane Barrier.

I think there should be 2 different types of shields a warframe might have. The standard one we have, or a secondary one that prevents those status from bypassing shields and has it's own "shield density" that acts as a weak damage resistance for shields. Frames that depend more on shields for survival rather than health and armor (like Volt, Zephyr, etc.) should have the second type.

I don't think it's something every frame should have inherently since many frames are more than durable enough without it.

i guess you could have such a thing, just remember that based on the style that Arcanes take, it would probably be a Chance to activate on taking Damage, and have a Duration.
and that it's not likely to reach 100%. max is more likely to be 50-75%.

56 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

IMO this should just be a feature of shields in general, not an arcane.

Shield Ignoring Damage exists for good reasons - the vast majority of Players were always stacking Shields before Damage v2 - because for the majority of the game, having high Shields meant you just don't ever take Health Damage.

Edited by taiiat

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Shield Ignoring Damage exists for good reasons - the vast majority of Players were always stacking Shields before Damage v2 - because for the majority of the game, having high Shields meant you just don't ever take Health Damage.

I feel like that has caused the opposite to happen over time. Now players mostly mod for health and armor because shields can't save them from toxin and slash procs.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

I feel like that has caused the opposite to happen over time. Now players mostly mod for health and armor because shields can't save them from toxin and slash procs.

well, there are already ways to Resist those, in the same 'Mod Slot' the Thread is requesting. even in actual Mod Slots too. *shrug*
not to mention quite a numerous ways to replenish your own Health.