Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Strun wraith reload

(PSN)cleefsentence

The sobek had an awful reload some time ago, now the reload is ok even without the need of reload mods and the magazine of 20 is still here. The strun wraith has a magazine of 10 and to reach the same reload speed of the reworked sobek (2.7 seconds) needs all the 3 reload speed mods.

Please buff the reload speed of the Strun wraith.

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

1- it's already a really strong weapon, which is balanced by the long reload 

2- I don't think it should be compared to the sobek, since they have different firing mechanics and reload mechanics 

It needs to buff, it's perfectly balanced. If you want a faster reload then you can mod for it, that's the point of the system 

I think that the Strun family reload is fine as-is, because you can interrupt the process whenever you need if you're really out on the ropes.

I find it to be more flexible than weapons with long magazine-based reload times, especially because it rewards reloading opportunistically instead of simply firing until the weapon is empty.

What if we got some mods that could alter the reload mechanics of a weapon? For example, one that makes a shell-by-shell reload into a magazine reload? A mod that allows magazine-fed weapons to be reloaded in chunks?

The Strun Wraith satisfies the nervous reloader in all of us by letting us reload at any time with almost no consequence, unlike the Sobek which you have to reload between engagements or you're high and dry the Strun can literally reload mid-engagement anytime the smallest window appears. Or you can just keep shooting when its out of ammo treating the unique reload mechanic like a fire rate slow.

The Strun Wraith is a stupid strong gun that certainly needs no change to make people want to use it, this is like saying the status chance is too low on the Soma Prime, the response is that, yes, it could be higher, but has that ever stopped the players who used the gun near religiously for years? Or the Opticor charge time is too long, yes, it can be annoying, but if it bothers you, put a mod on it.

The Lanka is a perfect example of this, that gun is very powerful but has a painful charge time making it awkward to use in any situation other than Eidolons, so people put Vile Acceleration on it, 90% fire rate -15% damage and the gun is amazing, utility mods aren't bad and you don't need to stack them.

3 mods and still

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

1- it's already a really strong weapon, which is balanced by the long reload 

2- I don't think it should be compared to the sobek, since they have different firing mechanics and reload mechanics 

It needs to buff, it's perfectly balanced. If you want a faster reload then you can mod for it, that's the point of the system 

1- Strong doesn't mean good to use

2- Sobek reload was awful like the strun wraith. The reload buff wasn't really needed but hey, we got it

3- I have 3 reload mods on it still 2.7s to reload

The Sobek reload buff was absolutely needed. The weapon wasn't a powerhouse before, so the four second long reload was rather unnecessary.

Strun [Wraith] on the other hand has excellent stats and reloads each shot individually meaning it can easily be interrupted and fired off. Having a long reload time isn't necessarily a hindrance for the weapon since it is not as likely to work against the player.

It's the same reason why Corinth doesn't need a magazine size increase or reload speed increase. Both are unnecessary because the benefits are not hugely influential, unlike the Sobek speed increase.

2 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

3 mods and still

1- Strong doesn't mean good to use

2- Sobek reload was awful like the strun wraith. The reload buff wasn't really needed but hey, we got it

3- I have 3 reload mods on it still 2.7s to reload

1- mod for it then, if it’s not enough then get used to it or don’t use it at all. The reload is here to balance out the strength, ‘good to use’ is a subjective thing and irrelevant 

2- again, the sobek is an auto shotgun with a big magazine and the reload refreshes the whole mag. The strun is a semi auto (iirc) shotgun and each shot is reloaded SEPARATELY

3- 2.7 for the whole mag, not one shell. Don’t wait until the magazine is over, you have to reload after each shell whenever you have time to 

33 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

1- mod for it then, if it’s not enough then get used to it or don’t use it at all. The reload is here to balance out the strength, ‘good to use’ is a subjective thing and irrelevant 

2- again, the sobek is an auto shotgun with a big magazine and the reload refreshes the whole mag. The strun is a semi auto (iirc) shotgun and each shot is reloaded SEPARATELY

3- 2.7 for the whole mag, not one shell. Don’t wait until the magazine is over, you have to reload after each shell whenever you have time to 

1- This section is for feedbacks and requests, if you don't like this just change topic

2- I don't care, for me the reload take to much time and like people asked a change for sobek i'm asking for the strun

3- Same as 2