Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Going To Be Only "nerf"frame?

Chaosdreamer

Scaredofchangeframe*

Powercreep bad, balance good.

If you knew what that meant and understood it, you would A) not type like a 5 year old and B) realize that your precious has to offer upgrades in power and functionality over time to retain customers.  Anything else is lies.  Also if DE does not start supporting their paying customer with benefits then they will start to see a dip.  Like it or not but people may pay for some costmetics and convenience but they really are just getting to the powerful stuff first.  Since it is so easy for freeloader players and nerf-mongers to get gear without paying, the nerf the wolrd threads are popping up with wreckless abandon.

Power creep needs to happen and they need to continue to let it happen or most folks are done with them.  Whats the point of playing if nothing on the horizon is better or harder to fight?

Enjoy your nerfs though, eventually we will be down to rock and stick for weapons and you can be happy and run all about shouting how you made Warframe a great game by having all flavor removed.  Enjoy no progress, err I mean power creep.

This just in kids. BALANCE EXISTS IN PVE GAMES TOO!

PVE games need balance too. When you guys ask for a weak weapon to be buffed, that's asking for balance, same as when things are nerfed. So stop using the lame &#! argument that PVE games should not have balance while at the same time you're asking things to be buffed.

Then the OP powers and weapons remain OP while everything else gets even weaker.

I want a game where there is more than 1 combination of frames and weapons needed to do some missions.

But nothing stop you from having strong and variate weapon , They just need to do more different type weapon, give them advantage and disavantage

easy example : Mitter strong but slow ,and for now the only reason why you need to Rank up is for getting better weapon...

Warframe : Does not need any rank (exept rhino)

Weapon : clan weapon 4 to 7

So lets say the weapon or balanced , that would mean making clan weapon is useless , which mean you use less ressource to make something

...basicly being not power creep just kill the main reason to rank up...

Time spent on "balance" is time not spent making fun game play.  Fun game play is where it's at, not tread mills.

Fun gameplay is achieved partly through balance. Powercreep makes games boring (which FYI is the opposite of fun). Seriously do you even know what power creep is? Do you even know how games are made? There are teams of people its not just a handful of people working on generally everything. People are split up for specialized tasks

Edited by AXCrusnik

this isnt just only in waframe OP, WoW (especielly LoL) have quite much NERF X BUFF Y for example so this isnt new. balance has always been something that happens in MMOs, just sad some people dont know what they are talikng about (i havent played warframe but i got 6 years of experience of the WoW community).

Trinity was buffed.

No it wasn't, now instead of having a self or party invulnerability (very useful during the past event, for instance), it now only has a party invulnerability. The other two powers were and still are garbage.

Edited by thejynxed

Well, Scott is creating the Necro's powers so, possibly buff necro will be the common request.  I don't know.  Although Scott strikes me very much as the Nerfer King, I do not know what content he is specifically responsible for.  I don't like what he would do to Warframe but that does not mean he cannot make a fun game from the ground up or that he cannot work within boundaries.  I suspect it will be weak but I'll have to wait to see what actually happens.  But, I'm guessing it'll be pre-nerfed.  Just a guess.

Well so far pretty much all of Necro's powers are straight up useless so.

Seriously why is he on the team still? Especially after he single handedly caused the rhino nerf debacle.

Here my throught of "why" people request Nerf : Might be because  :

-They cant get it 

-They dont know how to be good with

-I dont have it you shouldnd have it (or in same time i Can't do it so you shouldnt to)

you forget the self entitled elitist fraction: - i play in a highly specific way, if you dont i will cry for nerfs

Edited by zzang

This just in kids. BALANCE EXISTS IN PVE GAMES TOO!

PVE games need balance too. When you guys ask for a weak weapon to be buffed, that's asking for balance, same as when things are nerfed. So stop using the lame &#! argument that PVE games should not have balance while at the same time you're asking things to be buffed.

The problem is that you nerfers haven't got a single fun idea.  You all have shallow and narrow vision.  To you nerfers the game is just warframes and weapons and 2+2=4.  The environments and enemies never get interesting when you nerfers get your way.  All you nerfers do is flush games into a downward spiral.  That's why all games are bullet sponges.  Bullet sponges is all that nerfs produce.  Nerfs do not produce fun game modes, fun enemies, fun environment.  Nerfs do not a game make.

Nerfs do not a game make.

Then the OP powers and weapons remain OP while everything else gets even weaker.

I want a game where there is more than 1 combination of frames and weapons needed to do some missions.

You do that through game modes, not nerfs.  Right now, Warframe is just a tread mill.  Tread mill/Grind is Warframes only game mode practically.  Who cares if something is over powered?  You're going to do the exact same thing no matter what weapon or warframe you use.  The only difference is how high a wave count you will reach or how long the match lasts.  If it's overpowerd, at least I get a laugh.  I find fly paper piniata party hilarious and I hate slow, plodding, clunky, sluggish game play.   If I'm going to be on a tread mill, I want it to spin FAST with explosions all over the place.  But nerfers ruin everything that is fast or explosive.  Nerfers like boring, clunky, plodding, sluggish games.

Edited by ThePresident777

I fail to see how "OP" exists in a PvE game. Maybe compared to other weapons/frames one would be "overpowered", but does it really matter?

"OmG Billy kild a baws fester den me, his wapon op plz nerf"

It's not a matter of Kill-Stealing, it's a matter of "The game is just not fun"

Take Maplestory for example

You

Get

@(*()$

Ridiculous

Numbers.

This makes the game way too easy, and as such sucks a lot of the fun out of the game.

It's the same with Nova, it's just not fun when all i can do is sit around while Nova spams 4

Edited by BoompigXD

It's not a matter of Kill-Stealing, it's a matter of "The game is just not fun"

Take Maplestory for example

You

Get

@(*()$

Ridiculous

Numbers.

This makes the game way too easy, and as such sucks a lot of the fun out of the game.

It's the same with Nova, it's just not fun when all i can do is sit around while Nova spams 4

Little itty bitty numbers do not make the game fun either.  Game play, circumstances, are what make a game fun.  Having a variety of game modes to choose from according to your whim is what produces fun, not a tread mill with little itty bitty numbers.

Nova is a lot of fun.  I press 4 while the team is unloading bullets and powers, then, PINIATA GO BOOM!!  That is hilarious and it's not sitting around watching Nova do all the work of pressing 4.  It's a team effort unless your team just stands around watching.

Little itty bitty numbers do not make the game fun either.  Game play, circumstances, are what make a game fun.  Having a variety of game modes to choose from according to your whim is what produces fun, not a tread mill with little itty bitty numbers.

Nova is a lot of fun.  I press 4 while the team is unloading bullets and powers, then, PINIATA GO BOOM!!  That is hilarious and it's not sitting around watching Nova do all the work of pressing 4.  It's a team effort unless your team just stands around watching.

Which is what most teams do

I've never seen that.  When I play Nova, my team sets off the explosions more than I do.   As soon as I hit M.Prime, some one in my team has exploded an enemy and killed more than one in the process.  M.Prime is a team force multiplier.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93654-what-do-you-think-when-a-nova-joins-your-game/?hl=%2Bwhat+%2Bdo+%2Byou+%2Bthink+%2Bwhen+%2Bnova+%2Bjoins+%2Byou'>Ahem