Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Going To Be Only "nerf"frame?

Chaosdreamer

I have been around for awhile now , but everytime i come to see this forum its only the same odd story...

X is to much OP nerf , Trinity is to much OP nerf (throught you barely see one) but yet complaining .

I do not understand why people requesting Nerf , if theire is need to Nerf De will do it in time .

Here my throught of "why" people request Nerf : Might be because  :

-They cant get it 

-They dont know how to be good with

-I dont have it you shouldnd have it (or in same time i Can't do it so you shouldnt to)

Also, complaining everything that coming news is strongers , of course is going to be strongers, news stuff need to get you exited about it , even once you got it , the weapon is not good , if it to good once the next update come , the weapon you make will not be the best .and this cycle will just go on like that

Even if i dont like to compare to RL I'll do one easy... When you get Colt as handgun you dont expect it to have 

same spect as Ak 47 (Yep i m comparing those gun even if we are in space games)so Even you know that AK 47 will one be out classed will you do something about it? you can't ,just getting the best you can have.in the end , we want fun right?so let's stop this Nerf thread and lets this thread to be the last of them.

Hope my english was good enought ,thanks for reading

People come to the forums to complain, if you're not satisfied you'll look for a solution and that solution is to complain and let DE hear you. Sadly the thing is if you're satisfied you're usually just in the game playing no reason to voice yourself or your anger.

Basically player x who doesn't like how powerful something is or how hard something is will go to forums to complain>DE will hear complaints and make changes>changes now affect what player y found enjoyable, but player y didn't know that changes would happen because they weren't there to listen to player x's complaints>player y goes to forums to complain>DE makes changes again>repeat.

Edited by Hazmatzone

To your comment about new stuff needing to be stronger, I would just like to point out that is power creep and NOT a good thing.

I'm pretty sure , in the end you know even if you do like or not everything which is coming will be stronger,or you will get the reaction like "why did you make this weapon so bad?" want example? Mitter , its strong was slow , people complain and got it buffed even more stronger than its was (didnt test after the buff)

I do know power creep is not good thing , but meanwhile if DE give us real reason to have such power?would it stop or lower the nerf thread?

there is another reason why people often times suggest nerfing frames, lets take for example Nova's M prime. The issue with M prime is that it degrades other players to just being the Nova's lackeys, whom only purpose is to set off M prime or pick them up then Nova falls. Or, in some extreme cases, makes them just bystander because they don't have the Dps out put to make that much of a difference.

But when it comes to weapons I think it's a quite bit different since no one person can focus on more them one group at a time.

I'm pretty sure , in the end you know even if you do like or not everything which is coming will be stronger,or you will get the reaction like "why did you make this weapon so bad?" want example? Mitter , its strong was slow , people complain and got it buffed even more stronger than its was (didnt test after the buff)

I do know power creep is not good thing , but meanwhile if DE give us real reason to have such power?would it stop or lower the nerf thread?

Some proper balancing or a hard tier system where weapons are divided and then kept out of games with newer players so they don't see people steam rolling content will be the only way to lower the amount of threads, but you will never get rid of them, sometimes they actually are true.

Buff difficulty = Nerf everything, don't you think?

Not really, because instead of changing mechanics (Link reducing damage instead of granting invincibility, Bastille stopping only certain amount of enemies, etc.), mechanics will remain the same, only game will be more challenging and will justify the strength of those abilities.

Not really, because instead of changing mechanics (Link reducing damage instead of granting invincibility, Bastille stopping only certain amount of enemies, etc.), mechanics will remain the same, only game will be more challenging and will justify the strength of those abilities.

That depends on the enemy buff. We know that so far DE have been unable to address this problem with limited resource that they have.

- Buffing it via stat manipulation alone will lead to bulletsponge situation. Community rage. 

- Buffing it by giving ability will make the community rage because they have to prioritize and shoot certain enemy first before casting power. 

Many have been asking for smarter AI that capable of avoiding Bastille but they don't understand that what they are asking for will render Bastille even more useless than the target cap balance change. Imagine using Bastille and the Infest just circle around it to get you and your pod, you cast another one, they stop moving and find another route, over and over again until you run out of energy.

That is truly useless and the AI behavior buff becomes a severe nerf.

I'm talking about the smart difficulty buff. Just adding zero at the end of armor value is not smart buff.

Better AI, enemies using advantages of their positions, running where they will get tactical advantage (How many times I was meeleing Grineer Ballista... That shouldn't happen, she is supposed to run away to safer position and then try to shoot me!) et cetera.

I bet, that there will be a topic like "NERF NECRO" in the very second, that he'll be released...

Well, Scott is creating the Necro's powers so, possibly buff necro will be the common request.  I don't know.  Although Scott strikes me very much as the Nerfer King, I do not know what content he is specifically responsible for.  I don't like what he would do to Warframe but that does not mean he cannot make a fun game from the ground up or that he cannot work within boundaries.  I suspect it will be weak but I'll have to wait to see what actually happens.  But, I'm guessing it'll be pre-nerfed.  Just a guess.

Well, Scott is creating the Necro's powers so, possibly buff necro will be the common request.  I don't know.  Although Scott strikes me very much as the Nerfer King, I do not know what content he is specifically responsible for.  I don't like what he would do to Warframe but that does not mean he cannot make a fun game from the ground up or that he cannot work within boundaries.  I suspect it will be weak but I'll have to wait to see what actually happens.  But, I'm guessing it'll be pre-nerfed.  Just a guess.

Well, if it's Scott who is creating his abilities we can be almost sure, that there will also be some "Buff Necro" topics... Well, I guess, that it's better, than whole forum spammed with stories about how Necro cleared the whole wave with just one 4 push...