Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Day 1 K-Drive Feedback

TheGreenFellow

Usual quick disclaimer that my feedback is not for the faint of heart where critique is concerned.

- Why not allow us to use our weapons while on the K-drives? Maybe at least our secondary? (Think of Finnish ski soldiers....)

- Not being able to customize controls for the K-drive stinks. I'm a keyboard & mouse user and a lefty. The controls are varied and difficult enough that I want to tweak them to my liking, as the default doesn't feel intuitive to me. I'd like to be able to set up my own aerial-maneuver-combos in particular. (This is a complaint that mirrors one I have with Archwing, by the way.)

- I don't get what does/doesn't constitute a combo, nor what does/doesn't constitute a "failed" trick. Oftentimes I land in a manner that appears perfectly fine to me, yet the game acts as though I had a failed landing and got no points.

- Points/standing gathered 'out on the field' don't line up with what I see upon returning to the Vent Kids. It's not Daily Cap-related. (And by the way, it'd be great if we could easily see this cap on the side-panels when engaging with the members of the related faction.)

- The races are bugged currently; I tried two, and both times the gate counter mysteriously stopped. I was able to continue going through gates, but the counter didn't go up. The timer ran out, but nothing happened - the race was still 'on', somehow, with no way to cancel or complete it. You can start another race, but in my case the same thing happened. It resulted in two loops of the race audio playing over eachother, which was pretty jarring. Only way to work around it was to leave Orb Vallis.

- That's a lot of standing and Fortuna-unique resources to assemble these pretty-much-just-for-fun things....

___

Pretty neat to use, really. I've yet to see if I can use these outside of Fortuna; if it turns out that I can equip the K-drive in regular 'node' missions and the PoE, that'll be superb!

Edited by TheGreenGunner

the only thing I really don't get is why we cant use our guns on them. I mean we can use our guns in arch wings, and those are like 3 times faster and can fly, and have their own abilities.

I really want to have fun on these K-drives while doing missions and stuff, but I just dont see a point in using them when I cant kill anything, and getting to the mission point a full minuet after the rest of my squad.

I've been having an absolute blast on my K-Drive so far. DE did a phenomenal job on making the new vehicle feel fun, and while there's definitely some improvements to be made, I'm particularly impressed by how solid the whole experience feels. Here's the criticism I have:

• I agree with the OP and HerpDerpy that having weapons disabled feels a little weird, even though it's understandable from the point of view of button inputs (aiming and firing are currently used for tricks, and melee is a quick way to exit). If weapons are to be enabled (and I'd very much like that), it may be worth trying to condense the trick system into a smaller set of inputs, ideally so that we can do all the tricks we want with the Sprint, Crouch, Jump, and directional buttons, and reserve the typical firing buttons for guns.
  • While I personally find the controls pretty usable, I agree with the OP that it'd be very much appreciated to customize the control scheme for K-Drives, especially considering how finer input seems necessary to score tricks and navigate many parts of the Vallis at a decent speed.
  • As mentioned by the OP, there's no real tutorial or explanation of how to use the K-Drive. The Vox Solaris quest gives you a K-Drive to use, and that's fine, but then there's no real explanation on what the controls are outside of very basic movement, how tricks work, how combos work, what the purple drops on the map mean, and why any of it matters. The score gained on tricks also doesn't match up to the standing gained with the Vent Kids... why?
  • As is now commonly known, the races are bugged. After completing a race, I didn't get the standing that was mentioned at the top, and then the kid who gave me the race disappeared completely, even after I went back into Orb Vallis.
  • Also agree with the OP that there's no real sense in injecting grinding into what is largely a cosmetic feature. In general, while it's definitely not as bad as PoE on release, there are some grinding points added to Fortuna that don't feel great, and as with Zaws, the modular customization stations don't really feel like they offer the freedom and choice that we experience when seeing the demos when they're locked behind standing and resource costs.
  • This may be a bug, but upon receiving my K-Drive Launcher, I don't actually have a K-Drive to customize, not even a basic one. I'm not sure why, and it would also explain to help how Mastery gained from K-Drive works: is it the same mastery earned regardless of parts used, or is it dependent on a certain part, like Zaws?
  • EDIT: @KelsierSurvivor requested on their thread to allow Operators to use K-Drives, which I second. I think it'd feel awesome, particularly once we get to the point where we can equip Vent Kid armor.

With all of this in mind, though, I think it's worth repeating that I love K-Drives, and think that even now the new vehicle's in really good shape. I think DE did amazingly here, and deserve praise for what has largely been a pretty smooth update so far, despite its immense size.

Edited by Teridax68

I completely agree. Though I find K-Drives fine addition I think the amout of time we have to spend getting rep with the still flawed system if we want to get something is not proportional to what we get. I think we could get some Vent-kids rep for using them more freely than mashing buttons for some combos in specific locations. I know Warframe is all about the grind but if we're about efficiency we have Archwings. With K-Drives we could get more fun than chore of getting hard-earned daily-cap. Hopefully it'll get some tweaks, as Quills got in the past.

(Sorry for any misunderstandings that may show up when you read this. By brain is boiling from fever and creating sentences is hard.)

the grind would make sense to me if i could use kdrive all the time, would be hella cool to grind on walls in "regular node missions" but i'm willing to bet that would need a lot of work like  mesh's for old tilesets not having any grind points. if you had KDrive in normal mission it would probably feel like slightly faster running were you face plant on every other doorway.

I would like weapons too , but i understand the limits present to DE.

I have a compromise solution.

And the compromise is: BULLET TIME DRIVE BY MODE!

Heres how it would be:

K drive functions as normal as it is now (maybe allow key customization)

At any time when change weapon key is pressed (or some other key which is not having any function on K drive) you enter bullet mode (call base one Drift mode maybe?)

you can shoot using regular gun (limited to secondary) in this mode , but you cannot use any tricks (you are limited to steering and basic jumping while in this mode)

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would like weapons too , but i understand the limits present to DE.

I have a compromise solution.

And the compromise is: BULLET TIME DRIVE BY MODE!

Heres how it would be:

K drive functions as normal as it is now (maybe allow key customization)

At any time when change weapon key is pressed (or some other key which is not having any function on K drive) you enter bullet mode (call base one Drift mode maybe?)

you can shoot using regular gun (limited to secondary) in this mode , but you cannot use any tricks (you are limited to steering and basic jumping while in this mode)

I'm very down for that, I am going to buy a good daily special and then never go to the vent kids again until I have a reason. Also, the idea of having Vent Kids and Solaris United standing locked behind that daily standing cap is really irritating. Especially for those who want to get everything. Sure they can use stuff like debtbonds but those also are limited and you need them to rank up