Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(9.8 - 9.8.4) Game Is Crashing When Hosting

eStecko

Back to the fact they are using the CPU to do the work instead of the GPU that's the whole point of upgrading buying new vi cards so you don have to buy a new cpu mother ram and likes every time a new game comes out you just upgrade your video card so they write code that uses new CPUs and make it so its not GPU Reliant when In fact it should be other way around I have seen this before so many times.

well the hotfix did it for me stoped crashing but now i start the game i enter a planet i ghet failed to join game ,game freezez i exit the game and then enter again and i can play it with no problem ! but hey ! i can play the game so im happy LOL

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @3.00 GHz

8GB Ram, where only 3.25 Accessable due to 32 Bit system

Radeon HD4850

Win 7 Ultimate

Same Issue, crash when hosting and a player joins after the map has launched. If 4 people are in the session to start with then there is no problem.

Edited by Veemaxt

Right, let's start off day #2 with another review of what we have found since my first main post and its updates.

I cant remember but some time in the past I heard a discussion during one of the live twitch feeds were they talked about making the game faster addressing lag issue in relation to nat  but one of the developers was hesitant because he believe it would cause instability and crashes  I only bring thing up because I have a gut feeling its sounds pretty much all the problems we are having and talking about tnow ring a bell as a tech you tend to go off your gut feeling or your feeling or your first though impression about a certain  problem I am trying to nail down what it was that he was thinking of screwing around with.

This is possibly the lead we were looking for. So for now maybe they have changed something regarding the NAT.

Using E8600 myself... i see a pattern of older Intel 2core CPU's emerging.

I can confirm this, my Intel 2 Core CPU is also very old, at least five years.

Back to the fact they are using the CPU to do the work instead of the GPU that's the whole point of upgrading buying new vi cards so you don have to buy a new cpu mother ram and likes every time a new game comes out you just upgrade your video card so they write code that uses new CPUs and make it so its not GPU Reliant when In fact it should be other way around I have seen this before so many times.

This and the above NAT idea would make sense, maybe they actually tried to fix the host frame rates by shifting the workload more onto CPUs, but they made a mistake in a codeline or maybe did not properly account for Dual Cores, or just older ones, as mentioned above.

Nothing so far from DE's side. Gotta sit and wait... But DE staff has been reading this topic and iam sure they are working on it.

I have so far not received a reply from any DE staff but they have, as mentioned by eStecko, been reading this topic and trying to fix this as soon as possible.

Now I get onto a workaround that one community member in the hotfix topic has suggested.

z2n463

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/103384-hotfix-983/page-13

Use the utility "CPU control" (freeware). Select a game "warframe" and give it a 1 core.

The game will be a little lag, but will no longer freezes.

Tested yesterday.

Sorry for bad English.

I have not tried this yet, but if someone can confirm whether this works or not, I will update this post. As always, only ever try such fixes if you are sure what you are doing. No liability can be put on either the community member, myself or any DE staff for using workarounds suggested by community members.

Edited by Primordialis

Now I get onto a workaround that one community member in the hotfix topic has suggested.

z2n463

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/103384-hotfix-983/page-13

I have not tried this yet, but if someone can confirm whether this works or not, I will update this post. As always, only ever try such fixes if you are sure what you are doing. No liability can be put on either the community member, myself or any DE staff for using workarounds suggested by community members.

You can do this even in windows task manager - process - right click warframe - no idea how its called in english, but there you can select cores on your cpu and set it only to 1, not tested it yet tho.

You can do this even in windows task manager - process - right click warframe - no idea how its called in english, but there you can select cores on your cpu and set it only to 1, not tested it yet tho.

Dont work. Windows task manager not remember setting. For this reason, I had to use another tool.

The simplest - CPU control. I personally use "AnVir Task Manager" The same is free. But this is for advanced users.

Confirming to experience this issue as well

Running on AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+   (Yeah yeah, i know it's old)

Glad to know i'm not crazy. i've been careful to only join game and cancel games immediatly if it gets me to host, but i have little control over that if in mid game host migration falls to me. Kinda sucks :x

Ok, i done this and tested , no freeze and less / minimum lag issues :

Worked on Win7 ( x64 ) multi-core machine

• Open the start menu, click on Run, type in msconfig and click on OK
  • In the System Configuration window click on the Atart sub menu and the on Advanced Options button

616-disa-s-.png
  • In the second window that appears, you should be provided with an option for enabling and disabling the processors as you wish
  • Validate your entry by clicking on OK
  • Restart your PC
  • Lower / disable all graphics settings in-game

Worked fine for me, im not a good host so i not sure if this method can fix lag issues.

To anyone wanting to try Shinmei's workaround. Only do it if you know what you are doing in msconfig. If you are not sure what you are doing, rather leave it and try to avoid hosting games, that's what a few of us do.

These workarounds may have unforseen consequences, so please first consider the integrity of your PC.

End of Public Service Announcement. :D

Run on Cpu 1 and then on Cpu 2 Turned off all Display options in settings all looked like I was playing commodore 64 Got through 2 level with 2 player as me with the host 3 level 3 rd player 30 seconds in Froze

By the way it was very laggy could feel the strain lucky I have extra big fan and radiator on my cpu

Intel Core 2 Duo Cpu E7200 @ 2.53 Ghz

Geforce 650 GTX TI Driver 320.18

6 Gig Ram

120 SSD Drive

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Edited by WarHeroman

I had also played 4 void missions on my own with both cpus and all but vsync and antialiasing turned on got through all 4 played two voids with same setting with me hosting crashed hallway through each time.

Also I had 4 players when hosting.

Edited by WarHeroman

I share your frustration that we cannot play Warframe as we used to, but we should not forget that this is a beta and we can expect bugs.

This is why I am trying to collate all our findings once a day so as to enable DE to fix this faster and more thoroughly.

I advise that the workaround mentioned above should not be followed, so as to avoid damage to your hardware. This is just a precaution. We already know that this is most definitely a CPU related bug which is either due to an attempt to fix the framerate loss for hosts through altering the NAT or this is due to a code error in the new update as mentioned in my summary post for day #1.

I have not heard from DE as of yet, but I will let you know as soon as they do.

Shinmei

i tried it just too see if it worked but sadly it didn't with each core i went down my system just became more unstable and the game along with it.

btw the hosting is a problem as well when i host it crashes when i don't i have lag badly even tho i have cable modem and very good connection. 

Just tried Verifying Integrity of game Cache through Steam and it seems to have fixed some of the performance problems i have been having considering i had to download 2gigs of info again to play.

Edited by Gesolore

I could host void for 4 players but now i no longer can do it at all. People are disconneted and send to main menu while i'm stuck on the "waiting for other player" screen.

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00Ghz

Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT

4 Go Ram

Windows XP SP3

What i had so far:

Crash when hosting with other players in it. - Very frequent

Crash in games hosted by others - Rarely

Crash when in Menu doing NOTHING (tabbed out) - Rarely

Crash when joining/loading - Very Rarely

Today i played for about 4 hours (not straight) and encountered about 12 Crashes.

Befor 9.8+ it ran nearly perfect having a crash every other day max. Now all is bad.. sound bugs, too.

Crashing in T3 Void defense maps always when we hit the last 5 waves checkpoint. Tried with two different hosts before just giving up because its just a huge waste of time, especially when you lose everything. (exp etc)

I'm not sure exactly what their cpu models are, but I know they aren't dual cores.

I'm running a quad core Haswell but my net connection is really bad. (Australia ._. ) If I can manage to talk them into giving it another go I'll see what happens first when I host; router explodes or we all crash and burn at 5 waves remaining.