Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standing earned past the maximum possible amount of standing you can attain at a rank should NOT count towards your daily standing cap

Yggdrazzil

It is extremely disadvantageous you can waste standing towards your daily cap when you are at max standing at a current rank. Allow me to elaborate:

I had 33404 standing with the vent kids at rank "Whozit". I went into Orb Vallis and did tricks on the K-drive, and came back to Fortuna at 44.000, max standing for that rank.

That should have cost me only (44000 - 33404 = ) 10596 standing. That should leave me with 21000 - 10596 = 10404 attainable daily standing left.

I ranked up to rank "Proper felon" and lo and behold, I only have 4582 attainable daily standing left for this day. That's 5822 attainable daily standing just gone up in smoke!

Since pretty much all new content is locked behind daily standing cap it can make an entire day of difference when accidents like this occur. Any standing earned past the maximum possible amount of standing you can attain at a rank should NOT count towards your daily standing cap. Or do you really want me to go into my profile->syndicate tab, and scroll down to check if I have earned enough points every time I have a hunch I might have earned some standing?

Edited by Yggdrazzil
  • Like 6

50 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i can understand a standing cap when there is alot of content to go through and you dont want people being able to rush through instantly. that is not the case here. fortuna was a huge update in file size but brought more of the same. spam bounty, mine, fish, hunt, craft weapons.

remove the cap please.

There's a relatively large amount of content to go through and they don't want players to rush through it all instantly. That is the case here, despite your hand waving. The cap is serving its purpose. They would be stupid to remove it just because you think Fortuna is the same as PoE.

• Like 1

Just now, peterc3 said:

There's a relatively large amount of content to go through and they don't want players to rush through it all instantly. That is the case here, despite your hand waving. The cap is serving its purpose. They would be stupid to remove it just because you think Fortuna is the same as PoE.

no it isnt alot of content. its padding. putting a cap on top of padding is just bad.

• Like 2

On 2018-11-12 at 4:41 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

i can understand a standing cap when there is alot of content to go through and you dont want people being able to rush through instantly. that is not the case here. fortuna was a huge update in file size but brought more of the same. spam bounty, mine, fish, hunt, craft weapons.

remove the cap please.

That's a different matter and a different topic, to what is being discussed here.

This forum topic is about standing being wasted because you're at the tier cap, but have not used all of your daily cap.

• 1 month later...

This is just stupid.. It makes Fortuna/Cetus just a boring chore where you need to prioritise numbers over actually playing the game. 

Why not decrease the standing reward and just remove the artificial "content" cap.