Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis - Fish/Toroids/Cave Locations

HexJ

8 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Umm, if i counted rightly, just like the map on reddit, there's only 29 caves shown here.

Bpwsb5h.jpg

Looks like 30 to me 🤷‍♂️ 

My counting technique was failproof, considering I manually placed every cave icon on the map in PS, just to have a shadow behind each one. It helps to count in a spiral motion (in my case counter clockwise).

Edited by HexJ

45 minutes ago, HexJ said:

Bpwsb5h.jpg

Looks like 30 to me 🤷‍♂️ 

My counting technique was failproof, considering I manually placed every cave icon on the map in PS, just to have a shadow behind each one. It helps to count in a spiral motion (in my case counter clockwise).

Oof, yeah i think i have missed one.

huh, i've got them all visable on my map (aside from the two alcoves) and yet i don't have the achivement?

Edited by LupisV0lk

18 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Oof, yeah i think i have missed one.

huh, i've got them all visable on my map (aside from the two alcoves) and yet i don't have the achivement?

If you missed one on my map, it's likely you missed one on yours. Be sure to compare maps and check each cave icon one by one. People often miss the small cave above 10P because its a small cave on top of a big one.

22 minutes ago, HexJ said:

If you missed one on my map, it's likely you missed one on yours. Be sure to compare maps and check each cave icon one by one. People often miss the small cave above 10P because its a small cave on top of a big one.

I got that one and the other alcove that is 24. Checked my map and it counting the two "hidden" alcoves I've got 30.

Okay, i think i'm going mad, i've counted what's on my map and it's 29 and yet it looks exactly like your map and the reddit map.

Edited by LupisV0lk

Just now, Eisdschungel said:

Thats a Bug. Seems like sometimes caves entered while in a squad do count for the Host only. Reentering every cave sometimes Works, if not you have to wait for DE to fix it

I've re-entered all the caves. No dice. i'll submit a ticket.

Cave 27 on the map above also spawns Toroids (when DE blesses us with such fortune...). It's a vertical cave with a long, thin rocky structure dropping waaay down. There's a small ledge about a quarter to half way down it where I got a Vega Toroid earlier today.

Edited by 8LacK5naK3
more info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2018-11-13 at 12:11 AM, Shonaney said:

as far as i know the middle cave of the 3 above the 4P should also have a cave fishing spot

Charamote & Synathid i found only at cave hotspots (without using bait)

Eye-Eye & Brickie & Tink  seemed like spawn at every pond depending at temperature

Tromyzon & Recaster appear at pond hotspots (without bait)

Whats a pond hotspot for Recaster?

Am 9.1.2019 um 05:19 schrieb (XB1)XpicyChilly2004:

Whats a pond hotspot for Recaster?

I use 6p or 7p (map at first posting) with ivara and her wire across.

Most of the time there is a hotspot in one of these and ofc it should be cold if you try 😉