The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate End Game Planet The Sun

azour

star-types.jpgthese are the star classifications ( our sun is a G main sequence star)  

our sun is a super heated giant ball of plasma that is constantly fusing hydrogen and helium in its core Releasing energy that traverses the star's interior and then radiating into outer space releasing temperatures of more than 27 million Fahrenheit  (15 million Celsius)

as soon as you even touch a stars surface you won't even melt you will blow up from the sheer heat

everybody on this thread has been schooled 

so...

You didn't explain where the Lava is on the sun though. If the sun is that hot, there will be rivers of lava everywhere.

I mean really... Obviously you get to the sun by traveling there by night...

I see no problem with missions set on the sun.  Probably ancient orokin power stations powering void generators or some such in there.  Gravity isn't an issue, everyone already has artificial gravity.  After that there is a ton of power just waiting to be siphoned out to power the shields you'll need.  Basic Sci-fi Stuff.

Orokin stations around the sun? Sure, that could work, the Orokin were advanced enough to probably make reguired heat shielding.

On or in the sun? Completely impossible. Even in Sci-fi.

I actually like the guy who suggested Orokin Solar Outposts. Maybe not IN THE SUN, but close enough to use "The Sun" as the "planet" they're associated with? Sure, why not?

That much I think we can all agree would be good. A massive solar power collector hanging out in the outer corona.

... No.

Here's a little background on the sun: the sun isn't a planet, it isn't a liquid ball of lava. It's a swirling, supercharged plasma sphere of death. You cannot stand on it, as the gravity would pull you straight through the 'surface' while the super heated plasma tears your atoms asunder until there's nothing left of you. Trying to stand on the surface of the sun would be like trying to stand on thin air. Except that the air is tens of thousands of degrees, filled with chainsaws, bees and tigers that want to eat your flesh.

So uhh, yeah, have fun visiting the sun. I'll be tanning a safe distance away on a beach.

I want a warframe that controls Solar power...

A final area betwixt the sun, a Void portal that leads to the resting place of the Orokin. The Corpus and Grineer have discovered it, and you must go to protect it from certain destruction in the pursuits of discovery and revenge. Being an End-Game system, the player would need to free all presently available sectors from their Assassination targets, or finish every level in a system without a target.

To where it all began, and where it all must end. The Tenno must defend the sacred area from those who seek to destroy it. The final boss has a key to take you to the Void.

To reach this special Void location, you would scour each level, collecting Ship Parts. it would be amazing if these parts were scattered within the levels; not just as an end reward. Once the player has the ship parts, they may build the ship and travel into the Void Portal, which cues a wave defense or UT Assault style mode in which the Tenno must prevent the enemies from breaching the area, or reaching a certain area at all. If the place is overrun, the Tenno must fall back and defend another choke point.

Periodically, the Void Portal will open, allowing the Sun's rays to enter the stronghold for 5-10 seconds Anything not behind a solid object takes fire damage over time. There would be a tell of the Portal pinching closed before opening, and the aperture of the portal gives the Tenno a second or five to seek cover.

If the mission is completed, then the Tenno receives a lot of useless credits, and an RNG roll for something nice, or something.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

I want a warframe that controls Solar power...

Me too :D

solarisr.jpg

The Solari is a rare and powerful Warframe. Within the chest of each lies an "apple core", a biomechanical wormhole generator linked to a shielded satellite in low orbit over the sun. They can draw light, energy and plasma directly from Sol's corona.

The Solaris is intended to be a long range artillery caster.

Health: ok

Armor: low

Shields: ok

Speed: good

Energy: great

1. Laser: The most basic attack available to Solari is focused light. Rather than simply heating up a target, the laser pulses every picosecond, ripping and tearing matter apart. It is highly accurate and very powerful for a starter skill but carries an increased energy cost.

2. Pulse Rocket: Solari detonates a small amount of plasma behind herself, dealing damage and giving her a forward arching boost. This can be used on the ground, parkouring or in midair giving Solari excellent mobility.

3. Constellation: Drawing plasma from the sun's corona Solari generates a large number of plasmoid balls and releases them into the environment as homing contact mines.

4. Alcubierre: Using stellar fusion as a fuel source, Solari warps space time, teleporting with powerful explosions of stellar plasma at both exit and entrance points.