Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch Account Migration

(PSN)Bubbalee97

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Bubbalee97 said:

So in the info given it specifies bought platinum. Does that mean if i have gotten all my platinum from trading that it will transfer?

No platinum will transfer to the Switch.
And just as an info: Only PC-accounts can migrate to the Switch. Console-Accounts can't. No, this is not unfair, because this is how it works.

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

No platinum will transfer to the Switch.
And just as an info: Only PC-accounts can migrate to the Switch. Console-Accounts can't. No, this is not unfair, because this is how it works.

If you read my post i say i know its only pc accounts and it actually doesnt say no plat. It specifies purchased.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Bubbalee97 said:

If you read my post i say i know its only pc accounts and it actually doesnt say no plat. It specifies purchased.

And fi you look at my post, you will see I posted right after you made this thread. You edited your post about 2 hours after I made my post.
Thank you.

And how was this platinum generated? It was bought. If you bought it, or someone else, doesn't matter. Fact is, the platinum was bought.
The reason why platinum doesn't get transfered is that PC has platinum discounts. And the fact that the platinum would get doubled if it got transfered.
As I said, no platinum will be transfered.

I'm trying to migrate my PC account to the switch. But it keeps telling me that the account was already migrated. I was never directed to sign in to my Nintendo either. Can someone point me in any sort of helpful direction? I've tried browsing the forums but I haven't seen anyone mention this issue

I'm welcoming all new NinTenno! 

But for me the restrictions on the Migration (I get why they are needed) resulted in my excitement dropping from 10/10 to -9/10 in a matter of seconds. 

Nearly all my Warframe Builds are build around the Arcanes I collected over the past Five Years. Also quite a few Weapons won't be working at all (maybe I exaggerate a little here) with all the rivens gone. As I traded Manny of those Items (Mostly Arcanes as I don't had a Raid group back then) for plat I bought with Money I don't like the feeling it gives me to be able to transfer my Account but loose nearly all the Items I spent the most time or Money to get.

So for me the Switch will be a fresh start as migrating but loosing those Items would be a constant reminder of how good/fun the Gameplay could have been with them. And thus would kill my experience with the Switch.

I wish everyone a Good Time on the New Platform maybe we see each other there.

P.S.: In my opinion a (6 Month) Trade Ban on ALL migrated Items would have been the better route DE could have taken.

I was A MR19 and had spent hundreds of dollars playing warframe on Ps4 only to buy a Nintendo Switch and find out Warframe was coming out on it but to end up deleting it only hours later because I found out that after selling my Ps4 to focus on playing on the go, the time, effort, and US Currency everybody loves will never be put back into my grasp from the countless hours I spent grinding, building a clan, and customizing every tiny detail to suit my liking and (pseudo) obsession with this game.

I'd much rather go get another playstation and play from the 4 or 5 stories behind I am than to have to see all my hard earned money go to waste just to play a portable version of it.

A note for the future: if you have a console (Xbox or PS4) do not play a free to play game until you are aware of whether or not it will be ported to Nintendo Switch because with the "console wars" there is no promise that those best years of your life spent playing it will end up becoming your worst over some money hungry corporations that won't allow you to play as one as if in your dreams.

Yeah, have to admit the migration could have been handled more gracefully by restricting trade of these items instead of outright making them vanish from veteran's inventories ... Especially since most vets have put countless formas to fit these mods and now have useless polarities on most weapons.

That , coupled with the fact no plat gets carried over does greatly diminish my desire to play the switch version, since I'm broke and I can't even afford warframe and weapon slots AND all the stuff that was worth big plat is gone from my inventory.

I get the buisness aspect of this decision, you need to make money off this game, and I do am grateful that the account migration is even a thing in the first place... Still , please consider just making this stuff untradable instead, that way vets get to keep their favorite toys and the economy isn't affected. That said, i have a feeling there's big bucks to me made by making vets buy arcanes and rivens they bought already on a new platform... I just won't be doing this, personally.

Already spent enough time and money on both PC and PS4 versions, and maybe I would have spent some cash on the switch version to keep it up to date, but this progression setback sure doesn't give me big incentives to continue playing the switch version. Guess it'll stay a novelty account just to play the game on the go every now and then.

... At the very least, maybe give us the credit / kuva / endo these mods were worth.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra