Jump to content
  • 0

multishot or damage for pistol rivens


BeGaDaButcher
 Share

Question

Hello All!

Quick question. I am looking at spending my plat on a akvasto prime riven before transferring my account to the nintendo switch, but I am not sure if I should be looking for a riven with multishot or base damage. 

From my googling so far I cannot see any discussions on pistol rivens on if multishot or raw damage is best. Most conversations I have found on the subject are about primaries in that multishot is better for weapons that are not impacted negatively by heavy calibers negative accuracy.

So if we use that common statement and flip it for pistols, would that mean base damage is better then multishot because pistols have Lethal torrent? 

Sadly warframe builder does not have akcasto prime yet so i cant use it as a reference.

I guess the riven would depend on the general build, but as the akvasto is both good at crit and status, id figure a hybrid build would be best (which could put multishot riven in the lead because of the extra status procs?!?!?).

Confused!

 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Multishot is significantly better for weapons with relatively low CC but decent CD, or for procs (armor stripping etc). It helps more if the weapon's firerate is low.  In general, I personally prefer multishot on primary (it also helps hunter munition to perform more constantly), but I think raw damage has slight edge for secondaries, considering you are likely to use 2 regular ms mods on secondaries anyway.

As for akvasto, it has decent cc/cd/status, and deals mostly slash so that both dmg and ms help, I would say both multishot and raw damage are good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, BeGaDaButcher said:

Hello 1thurst,

thanks for your post.

So would you recommend getting a multishot + damage riven for the akvasto prime rather then damage + CC/CD or multishot + CC/CD?

If I can choose, I think +dmg+cc+ms -neg would be the best. But it's not that easy to get any combination of cc/cd/ms/dmg with a good neg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 minutes ago, BeGaDaButcher said:

Hello 1thurst,

thanks for your post.

So would you recommend getting a multishot + damage riven for the akvasto prime rather then damage + CC/CD or multishot + CC/CD?

I would go with CC/CD+MS personally for the slash procs if you don't happen to kill the enemy in one shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
51 minutes ago, BeGaDaButcher said:

Sadly warframe builder does not have akcasto prime yet so i cant use it as a reference.

 

Use the Blank weapon option and input the stats. http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/_Blank_Pistol

Multishot is generally the best stat often even when +%Damage gives more raw DPS. Multishot adds more status triggers per shot, more damage and averages your crit rates per shot better. Unless the weapon just has no status value; Multishot usually wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello all,

Thanks again for the help. Having a look at riven.market these three are the best picks i think for my budget:

https://imgur.com/a/qXCL84z

Sounds like I should go multishot so far from the general conscious. Sadly it is the most expensive and dont like the negative. Hard choice! 

 

EDIT: oh wow thanks Xzron! Didnt know that. I will play around with it now 🙂

Edited by BeGaDaButcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, BeGaDaButcher said:

Hello all,

Thanks again for the help. Having a look at riven.market these three are the best picks i think for my budget:

https://imgur.com/a/qXCL84z

Sounds like I should go multishot so far from the general conscious. Sadly it is the most expensive and dont like the negative. Hard choice! 

I vote for the first one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello 1thurts,

OOO hope i get more votes on that one. Thats the riven that started this hole thinking/thread. 

EDIT: After inputing the stats (thanks again Xzron) and putting up a basic build and editing each riven, looks like the third one wins out! (multi + damage + eletric)!! intestesting!!

(I have uploaded the screenshots to the same imgur link)

Edited by BeGaDaButcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
10 minutes ago, BeGaDaButcher said:

Hello 1thurts,

OOO hope i get more votes on that one. Thats the riven that started this hole thinking/thread. 

akvasto is not a weapon that needs tons of ms. You won't need it to proc a lot corrosive, instead, a few high slash and one single viral is all you need. The first one obviously provides more dps (120% boost in dmg) comparing to the second one (72% increase in ms). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, BeGaDaButcher said:

I just realized too I had the damage vs corpus ticketed throwing off the stats.

 

You are right, the first damage riven wins (I have updated imgur link). 

 

Thanks again for all your help!

My pleasure, that's why I said

 

56 minutes ago, 1thurts said:

but I think raw damage has slight edge for secondaries, considering you are likely to use 2 regular ms mods on secondaries anyway.

Have fun with your monster 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, (PS4)Deadmennwalking said:

Interesting reading. I happen to have an akvasto riven drop yesterday. Doesn't have great stats. Do you folks think it would be worth re-rolling? I have leveled up the akvasto and not sure I will continue to forma and use it etc.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.
 

It’s flavour of the month right now so a decently rolled one will fetch a pretty high price.  I imagine we are at the peak now and prices will drop and level over time.  Do it now if you’re going to maximise your profit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

It’s flavour of the month right now so a decently rolled one will fetch a pretty high price.  I imagine we are at the peak now and prices will drop and level over time.  Do it now if you’re going to maximise your profit.

Okay thanks. I have 50k - 100k kuva so hopefully will get a half decent roll.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...