Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Says You're Not Playing The Right Way

Silver_Hawk

And you think DE is Blizzard? Man...

Fact: World Of Warcraft is still heavily SUBSCRIBER based.

Fact: Warframe is NOT.

Do you need it in smaller words?

Your hate of the company for trying to stay in business (ie, not handing you everything you want on a silver platter apparently) is getting old. They do not have the resources of Blizzard. They do not have the funding of Blizzard.

Are they making money? I HOPE so. Unlike you apparently, I enjoy the game and want it to succeed. I like changes that make the game more challenging, unlike many. They are not perfect changes, but...hint:

They DO listen to constructive feedback. They HAVE listened to constructive feedback.

Rants, QQ, and people screaming 'I want my 'I WIN' button back! Give it back! ? Not so much. Can't really say I blame them.

Please wipe the brown off your nose

Please wipe the brown off your nose

Better to have a brown nose than brown between my ears.

You want to scream? Yell? Leave? Go for it.

SOME of us will still be enjoying the game despite your infantile attempts at insults. I am sorry that you assume that people who enjoy the game despite it's flaws are brown nosers, but hey... I am not responsible for your misconceptions.

Feel free to QQ at me. See if I care.

Edited by Kalenath

I disagree with the OP entirely. Bastille has the capability to disable entire spawns of enemies, it was entirely overpowered in the right hands, if you disagree, you were doing it wrong. Its nerf enables you to make use of his other powers, instead of just relying on one. Disagree? Tell me how his other powers fair against high defense enemy damage reductions. And then tell me how bastille wasn't overpowered when it was capable of disabling any amount of enemies if you knew what you were doing.

You should have seen Link and Overheats nerf coming. How? Check out Iron Skin. It got reworked, and  even took several patches to make it halfway viable, even though Rhino was already effectively tanky for all intents and purposes.

Ember was originally supposed to be the anti infested Warframe, and somehow wound up turning into a god tier tank, all because a change to Overheat to make it useful, made it overly useful. Its still got damage reduction, all be it half of what it had now, but its still there, and all of Embers abilities have the chance to cause enemies to go into a panic. Ember is effectively a bruiser, and does ample damage where she was originally intended to. And that would be against infested.

Trinity and her invulnerability NEVER made any sense. She is a "healer/utility" Warframe. Not a tank. At least it wasn't entirely removed, just reduced like Embers, and Rhino's in effect. Some of her abilities now have a damage effect, or an increased one, to make up for it, so it wasn't an entire loss in all respects.

If anything, you should be thanking DE. Why? Because they aren't making the game easier than it was. It's going to take effort to do things for a change, so long as we don't get any more over the top abilities.

Here's where you think I've forgotten about Nova right? No, I haven't. Most people's biggest concern is that Molecular Prime is too strong. Its damage eventually winds up being inefficient once you what? Move deeper into higher enemy level territory. And in turn, its damage increase to enemies by double winds up being its only saving grace. So what if it still mostly kills the mooks (trash mobs). 

All this topic serves to do is incite crybabies into rage fits about having their IWIN buttons "removed", or as I'd like to say, brought into line.

Go ahead and leave if you must, but good luck finding a game that doesn't get stale, or that has a team like DE working on it.

If you think a game that has barely even been out a year, still has content being implemented in what some would call a "testing phase", as its labeled as an open beta after all (oh god, I used the word beta... get over it), won't have its bumps and bruises along the way, then do just as you have. Uninstall and move along, and for the love of god, don't play anymore alpha/beta games, because they might change something on you.

Those of us that still enjoy Warframe for what it has still to offer will be here. It'll just be slightly quieter.

The best post on this thread by a long shot.

They're trying to add more in-depth mechanics to play rather then players hitting one button and everything being alright. If your honestly upset with a small change and putting the game down already.... you were never a real player to begin with.

We've seen massive changes across the boards with almost every update. You can't like them all, but you can adjust and figure out the flow of the game they're trying to procure, such as TEAM coordination on ability use, actually having to sprint around the map to keep from being overwhelmed, and my all time favorite DODGE skills.

I'm sorry you can't sit there and be immune to 30 things attacking you while the elite your Linked to dies instead. But these nerfs aren't made specifically for just you, and they are hardly even useless skills still. They want Link to be a damage reduction for when your taking hits, they don't want energy vampire to just give you infinite power to spam infinite mob clearing nukes. They want you to actually THINK about pressing that button (is it going to save me or crush me when I need it later) rather then the way the game is formatted for most warframes at the moment, which is easy mode.

You should try playing Loki, Nyx, Ash, or even Banshee then get back to us on how unfair you seem to be treated LOL

I'd say take your QQ Thread and leave, but it seems you already have. So one less Troll we need.

But again I suggest if you do stick around, invest in another warframe. I believe they give us 2 free slots for some strange reason when we start. Look into it.

I have seen loki and ash players complain they have no damage and they never use invisability

Nyx has a great chaos ability

I hate playing banshee only because it isnt trinity it was kinda fun spaming her first and her alt has stupid far range it just takes time to use but no one can attack you while your doing it since they are all stunned

You have horrible taste in examples

not agreeing with OP I also never used link felt it was to op (ev is broken right now and even if it worked it needs so much more team quardination its imposible in online more to use)

I can respect a man that admits he is a slave and is happy with it.

On the other hand I'd rather be dumb but have integrity, but thats just me, an actual human being instead of an untermensch.

You just called someone a slave and used a term popularized by the Nazis to describe someone with a differing opinion on how a video game should be run.

I don't even have to say anything, because that pretty much speaks for itself. 

You just called someone a slave and used a term popularized by the Nazis to describe someone with a differing opinion on how a video game should be run.

I don't even have to say anything, because that pretty much speaks for itself. 

You are right. My mom had a saying, I think she got it from a man named Churchill who got it from someone named Lincoln.

'Better to remain silent and be assumed stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'

Some people on these forums REALLY should read some history sometime.

I can respect a man that admits he is a slave and is happy with it.

On the other hand I'd rather be dumb but have integrity, but thats just me, an actual human being instead of an untermensch.

Human?

You are not helping your argument, Mr 'I think I am ubermensch'.

Edited by Kalenath

To be fair embers only defensive ability was better then rhinos iron skin and he was meant to be an offensive TANK. Ember was meant to deal damage and cause massive chaos. Seeing as overheat was a bit op anyways I don't see whats wrong with nerfing it and then buffing her other skills.

They didnt buff her other skills, they are all still crappy (ember player since U8)

Wow, remind me never to post a meme - the Initiates will swarm!

Silver_Hawk - I see where you're coming from, I have felt like you on numerous occasions. So far my biggest move has been griping on the forums, though, rather than uninstalling the game. Thing is, despite things initially looking hopeless, I feel that the devs DO react in a way that ends up pleasing most of their customer base in the end, but there is process - a strange one that most of us mere plebs cannot fathom, filled with rage inducing Hotfixes and subsequent damage control - but thus far I am happy overall with the results.

I still play at least 4 times a week, I continue building up my collection of in-game swag. 400 hours in and I still have things I wish to accomplish - that is a hell of an achievement for a game, to hook me for that many hours. There are times when certain changes are made that make me put it down for a bit (all of my mods turning into fusion cores, that one took me a couple of weeks to get over :D  ), but in the end, this is a good thing - I can go and play one of the 20-30 other games that have been neglected due to WarFrame. Then I check back in awhile and most of the time : Presto! They fixed things and voided my gripes!

So take a break, go play some other stuff, come back in a while with a fresh outlook. DE WILL have new shinies waiting for you. They always do. But unless bandwidth is less of an issue to you than HDD space, no real point in uninstalling the whole thing. I mean, at least get your daily login reward!

I absolutely agree that video games are an artistic medium, but if you walk into the museum where your picture is hung and start touching up the corners in front of patrons, some people will have a problem.  The feedback forums are full of people like me, who are not claiming the sky is falling, but expressing their discontent with the current state.

The problem with your analogy is they didn't hang it up yet. What part of beta don't you understand? Is it the "be" or the "ta"?

Wow, remind me never to post a meme - the Initiates will swarm!

Silver_Hawk - I see where you're coming from, I have felt like you on numerous occasions. So far my biggest move has been griping on the forums, though, rather than uninstalling the game. Thing is, despite things initially looking hopeless, I feel that the devs DO react in a way that ends up pleasing most of their customer base in the end, but there is process - a strange one that most of us mere plebs cannot fathom, filled with rage inducing Hotfixes and subsequent damage control - but thus far I am happy overall with the results.

I still play at least 4 times a week, I continue building up my collection of in-game swag. 400 hours in and I still have things I wish to accomplish - that is a hell of an achievement for a game, to hook me for that many hours. There are times when certain changes are made that make me put it down for a bit (all of my mods turning into fusion cores, that one took me a couple of weeks to get over :D  ), but in the end, this is a good thing - I can go and play one of the 20-30 other games that have been neglected due to WarFrame. Then I check back in awhile and most of the time : Presto! They fixed things and voided my gripes!

So take a break, go play some other stuff, come back in a while with a fresh outlook. DE WILL have new shinies waiting for you. They always do. But unless bandwidth is less of an issue to you than HDD space, no real point in uninstalling the whole thing. I mean, at least get your daily login reward!

good advice.

While I don't agree with most of the whining, there's one thing I have an issue with.

DE's priorities.

With some really terrible issues (performance anyone?) around, they thought it was a good idea to "fix" this.

Edited by akaSM

I actually welcomed these nerfs, even though I don't play neither frame, now they require more emphasis on teamwork rather than being a lonewolf, cause that's what a few of these frames are like. Ash for example is more of a solo frame cause his skills are better suited at targeting individual enemies rather than having massive aoe abilities that target anything and everything. Plus he's an assassin and assassins always work alone, so Ash passes.

Rhino ( old Rhino ) was a lone wolf, with the way Iron Skin was, why bother being in a party taking down enemies together with massive firepower when you could just sit right in front of them and just swing your melee weapon left and right? And the removal of Radial Blast for Rhino Roar makes Rhino both a support and tank frame, before he was only used for pressing 2, now players are making use of Rhino Roar and Rhino Stomp, along with Iron Skin to aggro enough enemies or the boss for the rest of the party to get some hits on the enemy without taking damage themselves before Iron Skin expires.

Vauban just had to spam Bastille, nothing else, now with it being limited to how many enemies are in it's aoe, you have to prioritize targets, especially any heavies that aren't caught in Bastille. Warframe is inching its way to being a more teamwork oriented game.

I'm even seeing more and more parties actually shooting their way to the boss instead of just rushing their way to the boss, you've no idea just how much funner it is going into the next room and seeing these massive amounts of enemies crawling all over the place, even the Nova's ( including myself ) aren't being as spammy with M.Prime. Shooting our way to Lech Kril is much more entertaining then rushing our way to Lech Kril, makes you feel more of a badass leaving bodies left and right while making your way to the boss, then after dealing with the boss, leave even more bodies left and right while making your way to the exit just to prove a point. 

Teamwork>Lone Wolf.

Edited by __Kanade__

I actually like how Link plays now... It's just weak. I'm sure it works amazing when your teammates are using explosive weapons or just latching torids onto you.

Energy Vampire, on the other hand, is outright useless now. It takes extra work to get it to work, and whatever you do, don't bring Detchcube. He vaporizes all the mana.

Edited by Stinker

I'm not getting paid to do their job for them. Sorry.

You are a terrible cook.

If you want to know why, not gonna tell you.

I am not doing your job.

See where i am going with this?

Regardless, i should ignore you since you seem to make people mad all around.

But since 2 people actually +1'd your post, this has some effect i hope.

I hope you get banned from the forums, as far as i can see, you deserve it.

Wow. So much for all the good stuff they did like fixing the horrible performance issues with this game especially when hosting. They even said that Warframes are changing continuously until they are well balanced. THERE IS A REASON why DE wants people to give feedback which could give them ideas how to make the frames even better with their own feedback threads.

yes the horrible fps while hosting is gone, what I got in return?

after 3 seconds of hosting my game just deadlocks, very good improvement, no more low fps while hosting!

Nerfs are not creative, they are cheap, reductionist, destructive.  Warframe needs more game modes, not nerfs.

Agreed to an extent, but I'll hang out and see what happens because when I first started playing this game It was about the most amazing gaming experience I've had and I've been playing since the Commodore 64 days. Hang in there, I know i've felt this way about the changes. My biggest gripe is they will nerf a character that really didn't need it(Volt) and never seem to revisit it.

If your userbase have found a unique way of playing with a Warframe you should not remove that feature. Because it gives them a reason to stick with that Warframe. Removing their fun is not good for the game.

I'm going to stick with Rhino for the rest of the game unless some other Warframe offers better stuff. I have played Nova but she was a glass cannon for most of the time so it wasn't worth it. My Rhino ulti is still powerful enough to level a large area. I have my Iron skin which makes me un-knockdown able.

I've seen another company remove the fun for the players because they found a way to level in a certain area far too good. That game was Ragnarok Online. The Community made the developers kill off a few areas to the point where no one was there. We all just went back to places that they wouldn't touch.

So let the community play the game the way they want. Not the way you developers want. Focus on letting us users have fun.