Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Vomvalysts.

(NSW)-Kenneth-

So, one of the reasons I migrated to Switch was that the PC I currently have is unable to The Plains or Cetus properly, i.e. they lag like hell and as a result I've never been able to hunt the Eidolons, or do any bounties, or make amps/zars etc etc. I started doing things in the Plains and I've noticed that Vomvalysts are no where to be found at night. So I camped out and waitied for another night cycle and watched the Eidolon spawn. Still nothing. Is this a bug or what?

• Like 2

This is definitely a bug. I have nearly 200 completed tridolon caps on PC. I'm a fairly experienced hunter. On Switch I have gotten the Gantulyst to spawn only once in about 10 tries because not enough vomvalysts spawn - and you only need 6! After 30 minutes of scouring the plains and harassing the Teralyst, you're lucky if 6 whole vomvalysts have spawned. Even during the healing phase at the end when it calls vomvalysts to spawn to bring the Teralyst back to full health, only one spawns and it stays at like 33% health. Eidolon hunting is COMPLETELY broken at the moment unless you just want to kill Teralysts.

To add insult to injury, they took away our arcanes we ported over with. So we can't even replace them hunting.

Edited by OrgnlDave

I've spent the better part of 18 hours tooling around in the plains without my Rivens, arcanes and any sort of build expecting that I should still be able to function, then I wait till each night cycle hoping to start up the farming again and for the entirety of the 18 hours, which is about 9 night cycles, I didn't see any eidolons spawn, not vomalysts and even worse I had like 5 lures with me

It just feels like DE has given up on the switch already, they have had months to prepare for this alongside panic button and instead that focused on fortuna which honestly felt underwhelming for me, it took me all of 2 hours to finish it and do each bounty.

Not sure about anyone else but the standards we all used to lord DE for above other developers is slowly slipping and I don't have high hopes at this rate for railiack at all.

If anyone else is able to find some eidolons on the switch my username is Angry_Sunshine_Bandit (might not have the underscores so try both) and my PC account is Raevus_Vermillion

I will also be setting up a trading clan on the switch so that we can prevent people abusing the economy of the game that DE created and now have a problem with so message me for details

I see Eidolons  spawn,  just never any Vomvalysts. And the plains bounties bug on some resulting in fails. I just aborted one because I had to kill mobs to draw out a target and there were only 5. Nothing else spawned. And the defend bounties usually never spawn additional mobs either making for bounty a "wait for timer to hit 0 then move on" mission. All in all the Plains are broken on Switch. I wanted to do bounties and hunt Eidolons because my PC wouldn't allow that and now I still can't. WTF. I fear the Fortuna port now. Plains has been out for a while and if it's this bugged with a port, I'd hate to see what Fortuna is like

Edited by (NSW)-Kenneth-

On my 15th or so attempt I was with a group of 3 randos on a Teralyst-only match-up. Tons of vomvalysts spawned, but I couldn't communicate to them that we had time to take down a gantulyst. One person left immediately and I couldn't convince them we only needed 3 shards. I ended up not being able to solo the gantulyst in the time left.

It seems if you're in a group, more vomvalysts will spawn. Still not enough, but you're more likely to at least cap Teralyst. I solo'd a Gantulyst the other day and felt super accomplished, but considering I can solo a 3x3 on PC it is very sad.

2 hours ago, (NSW)D4ve said:

On my 15th or so attempt I was with a group of 3 randos on a Teralyst-only match-up. Tons of vomvalysts spawned, but I couldn't communicate to them that we had time to take down a gantulyst. One person left immediately and I couldn't convince them we only needed 3 shards. I ended up not being able to solo the gantulyst in the time left.

It seems if you're in a group, more vomvalysts will spawn. Still not enough, but you're more likely to at least cap Teralyst. I solo'd a Gantulyst the other day and felt super accomplished, but considering I can solo a 3x3 on PC it is very sad.

Maybe you should hit me up for a learning run. I have a headset and would love to learn how to hunt them if the things spawn right. Just a heads-up, MR22 and have NEVER hunted an Eidolons.

It just few like DE became lazy after tennocon, we were promised so much and I think it was to much for them to handle, they shouldn't of gotten ahead of themselves because of the press release for fortuna and railiack

Fortuna, just like the plains was empty and now what was barely there on pc to make it enjoyable is broken and worthless on the switch.

If DE can fix these issues that would be amazing but I honestly don't think they will, look at everything that's happened and you will see how rushed it all is 

If anyone is on switch or PC hit me up and I'll be happy to play

(Angry_Sunshine_Bandit - switch)

(Raevus_Vermillion - PC)

On 2018-11-25 at 12:51 AM, (NSW)-Kenneth- said:

Maybe you should hit me up for a learning run. I have a headset and would love to learn how to hunt them if the things spawn right. Just a heads-up, MR22 and have NEVER hunted an Eidolons.

At this point I can only recommend you learn on PC. Use Deathsnacks or similar clock, and about 10-15 minutes before night in Cetus, go into recruit chat and LF casual tridolon or tridolon for learning. Also YouTube videos are good. I have a completely different hunting method on Switch now because of how broken it is and I hope it can go back to normal and I won't have to keep doing things this way.

I'm going to get salty if I don't take a break from this hot mess. After an unsuccessful solo outing where I only killed a Terry (no voms), got a good group (meaning there were 4 players, not an actual eidolon squad), capped a teralyst, easy gantulyst kill....and I crashed and lost loot while loading back into Cetus. I just can't anymore.

I migrated from pc and lost all my arcanes. No big deal right? I’ll just farm them again right? But after hunting on multiple nights very few if any vomvalysts spawned making it impossible to fight the eidolon I wish to farm to get back my rare arcanes. Also my clan needs to kill vomvalysts for pigment which this glitch is also making it into a very difficult task with the super low rate that they are spawning at now. Please fix this DE.

Edited by (NSW)MemeN_Demon
Typo

On 2018-11-26 at 2:23 PM, (NSW)D4ve said:

At this point I can only recommend you learn on PC. Use Deathsnacks or similar clock, and about 10-15 minutes before night in Cetus, go into recruit chat and LF casual tridolon or tridolon for learning. Also YouTube videos are good. I have a completely different hunting method on Switch now because of how broken it is and I hope it can go back to normal and I won't have to keep doing things this way.

I can't. PC can't handle the plains. Lags like hell. 

Can confirm vombalyst have not been spawning as much as it should in a while and this needs to be fixed ASAP, it seems that the spawns in the open world section is just low overall I do t know if it’s intentional lower due to it being in the switch and all that jazz... which just makes the plains all the more sparse ... I hope they fix or maybe adjust the spawns so that the quill faction can at least be doable 

I've given a lot of time now to the switch port, and when I saw the most recent hotfix j prayed they would sort out the plains.

However the hotfix turned out to be a mistake and wasn't implemented, and after 5 days of repeating the same part of vors questline to save darvo (even though I'm a ported player) it finally fixed today then made the next quest crash.

I really hope they fix the plains or at least the drop rates for sorties as u have do e each one everyday since release and I haven't had anything drop other then endo and kuva yet my friends already have 5 rivens

I have only done 2 sorties to completion and got rivens on both. At least it's not anasa statues lol...

I have found that with 3+ players, enough voms spawn to *slowly* cap terry and gary. Actually spawned a harry the other night, but it was me and 3 newbs with Mote amps and 10 minutes left til dawn, so nothing came of it. If anyone is interested in eidolon hunting in a guild let me know I may join!

Edited by (NSW)D4ve

20 hours ago, (NSW)Jewelblaze said:

Well I noticed killing sentients on Luna drip intact cores, but not enough, I’d  appreciate if it was lookin into

Yeah, I'm pretty much committed to this account since I migrated and got my brother to join me, and after farming the prime parts I needed and doing sorties I decided to finally farm Revenant materials. After having to go to Kuva Fortress to kill Dargyns with a bow for a riven (not the worst, 2 runs and done), I'd rather just kill vommos in the plains while I wait for 4Tuna, instead of loading in and out of Lua to get... Oh cool, one sentient core.

Like I said, the riven wasn't the worst, kill 8 Dargyns with a bow. 2 Assaults on Kuva and I got a good Ankyros riven, but I had planned to passively roam the plains and farm Revenant, while taking out Dargyns at the same time for the riven.

I understand that the devs have a lot to handle, especially with so much happening, and the stress load PSA is worth repeating and emphasizing. But I think it would be a good idea to get plains working, get consoles all in general parity (with 4Tuna), and then maybe SLOW DOWN a bit, maybe.

Take a breath, let all Tenno breeze on their k-drives and fish, and maybe think about taking a step back and ironing out some issues that have needed attention for a while. I'm sure there's a long list we shouldn't get into here.

Of course people want content, they don't want to get bored, but I think that enough loyal players exist out there that might consider giving DE the time to improve what has been implemented already. I want the gas city rework really bad, but I can wait for you to refine it.

So yeah, in conclusion, we got bugs, in the plains specifically, the people want new content, but we just want what he had, at the very least.

Also, maybe someone who has more time can do a more organized, plains specific switch megathread, until this new port obstacle is gotten over, just a thought.

Yeah tl;dr

Edited by (NSW)KingGrotesk

And just to emphasize how committed I am, thanks to my brother, I'm only playing on the Switch, and maybe use my PC account if I decide to stream later, probably won't. But I have around 100 days left on every booster and that's gone. Maybe it should be, the extra credits for my brother, a new player, could mess with the economy, but I doubt it, seeing as platinum is the only thing that really proposes a risk, unless someone can correct me, which I'll welcome. But that's another thread, the point is I gladly gave up those looooong boosters so that I could welcome my brother to the Origin System, and I really want the Switch to be awesome. Panic Button did an amazing job, but that's the lesson. A lot of their work going over old script ended up in improvements for all platforms, so maybe a second team dedicated to refinement wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean more employees, freeing up the current team to continue doing what they do, creatively. Obviously things aren't so simple, but I am still definitely proposing it, no credit necessary, if it works, lol

• 3 weeks later...

i have  a switch and till this date i dont see a single vombalist, the only way  i found to spawn them is annoy the eidolon but is not a good way to farm cores for new players and hunting eidolons makes hunting them a chore and takes a long time. very discouraging i remember when plains was introduce the little one will harass you even during fishing, i always felt annoy but now that seems more desirable.

• 3 weeks later...

Its actually insane that DE has STILL not fixed this problem. In the whole time I have played warframe (since the day it came out on switch) I have never encountered a single vomalyst. In fact, I had no idea what they were! I recently (tried) started to leveling up the Quills, only to find out that I need to farm a creature that literally doesn't exist on switch. This is such a huge problem, and I have no idea why are are receiving radio silence on this issue.

Edited by (NSW)Morrigan91