Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So many players can't login for days and DE is keeping quiet about it

RistN

It seems that cause of so many players not being able to login is some automated system Warframe servers have that banns our ip address.Thats new...

This all is very frustrating and  it lasts for days now.This is happening on all platforms and all regions.What is more frustrating is that there is no official awnser from DE.

Please give some official awnsers to this:

-Inform players officially on what is causing this.

-How long is going to take to fix this?

-Is this how its going to be from now on or you are planning to remove this?

-Are one and same ip addresses going to suffer from this whenever new update and event is launched?

Edited by RistN

There is a login thread with a support response in it. The DDOS protection used on the servers is catching some players and they don't have a way of un-banning specific IP addresses. As IP address allocation is dynamic it is probable that addresses that have been part of attacks have been re-allocated to regular folks. I'd check your IP address at www.whatismyip.com and then power off your router/modem for a few hours and then turn it back on and check the IP again. Eventually you should get a new IP which should hopefully fix it. The support response also mentioned asking your ISP if they can convert you to IPv6.

They obviously can't just turn the DDOS protection off and from the sound of it the IP addresses that get blocked are controlled by a third party who provide the service.

31 minutes ago, Shalath said:

There is a login thread with a support response in it. The DDOS protection used on the servers is catching some players and they don't have a way of un-banning specific IP addresses. As IP address allocation is dynamic it is probable that addresses that have been part of attacks have been re-allocated to regular folks. I'd check your IP address at www.whatismyip.com and then power off your router/modem for a few hours and then turn it back on and check the IP again. Eventually you should get a new IP which should hopefully fix it. The support response also mentioned asking your ISP if they can convert you to IPv6.

They obviously can't just turn the DDOS protection off and from the sound of it the IP addresses that get blocked are controlled by a third party who provide the service.

I am sure DE will have some explanation how it's not them but us players causing the issue.

First of all this began with Fortuna update not even month ago.If I played Warframe for 3,5 years without problems and if I play other online games now without problems then how it can be my problem?

This is something new they added and if it is banning players from logging in it's not working well,is it?

I have read that support awnser that someone posted.Do you know what they told me?To change bunch of settings...

17 minutes ago, RistN said:

First of all this began with Fortuna update not even month ago.If I played Warframe for 3,5 years without problems and if I play other online games now without problems then how it can be my problem?

This is something new they added and if it is banning players from logging in it's not working well,is it?

I have read that support awnser that someone posted.Do you know what they told me?To change bunch of settings...

He just answered that first question pretty plainly. You quoted him answering it. I understand that you are worked up about it, but try the router suggestion. Depending on your ISP and how they assign IP's you may just need to unplug it for a minute or so (possibly even less, like seconds in my case) 

And yes, it's perfectly understandable that they'd ask you to change a bunch of settings, because user error is a thing. Not everyone can observe a situation, make rational inferences about the cause, and then work to solve their own problems including simple crap, like just being sure that they are using the correct password. So they'd have to walk you through all of the possibilities to be sure that the problem is likely to be solved. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

He just answered that first question pretty plainly. You quoted him answering it. I understand that you are worked up about it, but try the router suggestion. Depending on your ISP and how they assign IP's you may just need to unplug it for a minute or so (possibly even less, like seconds in my case

Well the point of this topic is that DE awnsers these questions.I really dont need anyone else to guess whats going on or tell me how to fix this.I know my PC basics very well.I also followed forum topics about this problem so I can say with certainty that I was the  first one that diagnosed the problem correctly,that they banned our IP.

3 hours ago, RistN said:

Well the point of this topic is that DE awnsers these questions.I really dont need anyone else to guess whats going on or tell me how to fix this.I know my PC basics very well.I also followed forum topics about this problem so I can say with certainty that I was the  first one that diagnosed the problem correctly,that they banned our IP.

👏 

Other than that, did you expect a cookie or something? 🤓 (Get it? Cookie, because this is a Web page? Cookies are bits of code.... Bah you guys are no fun.) 

Also you indicated that they'd already responded. So it's a bit unclear what you actually expect?

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also you indicated that they'd already responded. So it's a bit unclear what you actually expect?

They didn't respond.There is nothing officially said by DE.People posting their support tickets is not official awnser.

All I want is for them to come out and give us explanation and awnsers.I have dynamic ip adress that is also under CG-Nat.I personally want to know would things be better if I paid more for static IP.But like I said there is nothing officially said by DE and I don't want to waste my money.I can login using vpn but that is a temporary fix,not long term one.

3 hours ago, RistN said:

All I want is for them to come out and give us explanation and awnsers.I have dynamic ip adress that is also under CG-Nat.I personally want to know would things be better if I paid more for static IP.

Well did the above solve the issue for you? 

If so then you would know that your previous IP had been blacklisted and the new one has not. 

Paying more for a static IP could solve that problem, if you have a reasonable chance that the new IP wasn't blacklisted and if it is unlikely to be blacklisted in the future. 

Of course if the above worked for you, then pulling the plug for a minute and pulling another random IP from the pool will have worked just as well, essentially for free, so you would be paying for the convenience of not having to pull the plug. 

If pulling the plug didn't work, or worked only after having done it repeatedly, then that suggests that either a very large percentage of the available pool at your ISP has been blacklisted and an alternative solution would be needed. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well did the above solve the issue for you? 

The further point is... 🙂 

This is not something that has ever happened before.I play this game actively for 3,5 years and have 3k+ playing hours,so I should know.It looks too me like this is something new and faulty,not some server protection that was here before.I also play other online games and visit all sites without any problems whatsoever.And how come that I have same isp,same strict nat dynamic address for over 2 years and this happened only this month and not only to me,I am not isolated case,there are plenty of them having the same issue.Visit bug report pages on all platforms and see for yourself.

With that said...

I don't really want to fix anything if their "server protection" is faulty and bugged and they intend to fix it.For now I use vpn to log in and I wait...Only thing I want is for DE to explain all of this and give us some facts.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

The further point is... 🙂 

This is not something that has ever happened before.I play this game actively for 3,5 years and have 3k+ playing hours,so I should know.It looks too me like this is something new and faulty,not some server protection that was here before.I also play other online games and visit all sites without any problems whatsoever.And how come that I have same isp,same strict nat dynamic address for over 2 years and this happened only this month and not only to me,I am not isolated case,there are plenty of them having the same issue.Visit bug report pages on all platforms and see for yourself.

With that said...

I don't really want to fix anything if their "server protection" is faulty and bugged and they intend to fix it.For now I use vpn to log in and I wait...Only thing I want is for DE to explain all of this and give us some facts.

Right. I think that I can see why you are experiencing difficulties.

Let's try this again:

Did you try unplugging your router as suggested? 

Did that result in a change of IP? 

Did that resolve the issue? 

Are you able to grasp the concept of a ddos attack as mentioned above and the steps that are taken to prevent being flooded by specific IPs? 

Do you understand that the compromised systems don't simply cease to exist, and so retaining the blacklist at least for a while, is a good idea? 

Can you even begin to figure out how that could cause a "new" widespread issue for people on multiple platforms who are eventually assigned the blocked IPs? 

Am I just wasting my time trying to explain basic troubleshooting to someone who is more interested in ranting than actually resolving their issue? 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Let's try this again:

Did you try unplugging your router as suggested? 

Did that result in a change of IP? 

Did that resolve the issue? 

Lol.

Man I don't know is my english bad or what.

These kind of talks are only going to move this topic from general to bug reports.You are trying to help,I know,but you are not doing us a favor here.

The sole purpose of this topic is to make DE issue official statement about login problem.That statement is long awaited by players who have this issue.

1 hour ago, RistN said:

The sole purpose of this topic is to make DE issue official statement about login problem.That statement is long awaited by players who have this issue.

DE did make an official statement though, It has been stickied in the PC matchmaking bugs section since the 17th of October.

5 hours ago, Shalath said:

DE did make an official statement though, It has been stickied in the PC matchmaking bugs section since the 17th of October.

LoL.On October 1 till 17 I logged in just fine....In this post they say they are suspecting a DDoS attack.No word about our ip addresses being banned. 

Reas this:

[DE]Nero (WARFRAME Support)

Nov 21, 04:03 EST

Unfortunately this is a part of the IP protection that is enabled for the Warframe Servers and is a completely automated system. All of these bans are temporary, but Support does not have a means of sharing how long these bans can be, or removing them manually. In the mean time, using a fast and reliable VPN for your area can be a temporary fix until the ban is lifted from your IP. We would suggest trying once each day to login to Warframe so that you know when the ban has been lifted.

Unfortunately aside from that the only other thing i can suggest at this point is asking your ISP for an IPv6 connection if you haven't gotten one already. These issues are sometimes caused by IPv4connections and changing your connection type could fix the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sorry that we can't be of more help in this situation

Edited by RistN

You clearly don't understand what ddos attacks are, how sysadmins try and deal with them, or how dynamic IPs work. 

And since you have no interest in seeing if other IPs from your ISP are affected, you may just be stuck with the problem for a while. (Like until there's a fluctuation in power that causes your router to have to reconnect and change the IP on it's own.)

And since DE already made a statement, and the support has been very helpful and provided a work around, the whole "I want DE to respond" thing is a bit silly. They clearly have. Twice. But you're clearly not getting any of what they've said.