Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossplay for PC-Console

(XBOX)Mustafa5633

4 minutes ago, (XB1)xXxFwYtxXx said:

Warframe is 95% PvE, therefore players would not be at a disadvantage if there was crossplay. Tons of console players have PC friends & vice versa. I myself have a brother who plays on PC and I cant help him with anything, for example, trading and helping him with his star chart missions.

This has been answered many, many times. Sony and Microsoft wont allow it. 

DE has sense gone with a model that they release on PC first and then console so PC is always around 30 days ahead. So they are not even on the same version most of the time.

1 minute ago, tCartmant said:

DE has sense gone with a model that they release on PC first and then console so PC is always around 30 days ahead. So they are not even on the same version most of the time.

Oh, well that's unfortunate. Thanks though

14 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

This and add these notes:

PC is also used as the "bug finding" platform. The console versions require varifications by Sony (PS4), Microsoft (XBox1) and Nintendo (Switch) before uploading to their stores and it takes time. It's too much to ask them to update every few hours like the PC version so instead they release the PC version, find bugs, and send a version with much less bugs to the consoles. Less updates, less bugs. By the time the consoles have this version PC is already at the next one because you need to keep everyone happy.

Now, Microsoft and Nintendo are ok with each other and have some games with crossplay (I remember Minecraft and I think Fortnite for example), the problem is Sony in this case. Sony do have some games with crossplay as I heard, but they are the least open on this front.
In that case, it is possible to see crossplay between consoles, but much less with PC.

Crossplay doesn't concern me, but what I do hope to have is crossprogression. I play on PC but I also have the switch version. I don't feel like grinding twice. DE said it is the most possibe option (not just PC and Switch), but not to expect it to actually happen and for sure not any time soon.

My suggestion, don't hope for too much so you won't be disappointed.

1 hour ago, tCartmant said:

actually its been sony that has been stick in mud about it as Microsoft controls both xbox and pc stuff so they getting thier money regardless of where played.  but as its been brought up before Sony has recently allowed crossplay for Fortnite so they are beginning to relax that stand.  so the posibility of it happening in future has gone to no it wont ever happen to ehh maybe we will see what can do 

I would be very happy if I could, at least, had an option to "sync" my PC and console account from time to time, even if I had to pay some plats for it.

Having to do all the heavy grinding this game offers for some itens two times, in two different platforms, made my PC account (the one I use most) became, as the time passed by, more and more updated than my PS4 account. Because of that, today, I don't play this game on PS4 as much as I played before.

And I can see the same thing happening with the Switch version of the game in the near future.

I'm pretty sure this is a viable option because DE already done it two times.

Edited by Jhonrock

1 hour ago, Jhonrock said:

I would be very happy if I could, at least, had an option to "sync" my PC and console account from time to time, even if I had to pay some plats for it.

Having to do all the heavy grinding this game offers for some itens two times, in two different platforms, made my PC account (the one I use most) became, as the time passed by, more and more updated than my PS4 account. Because of that, today, I don't play this game on PS4 as much as I played before.

And I can see the same thing happening with the Switch version of the game in the near future.

I'm pretty sure this is a viable option because DE already done it two times.

I think there is this misunderstanding is that DE owns your accounts on Sony/microsoft and Nintento.  Let me be 100% crystal clear, they dont. The contract that is signed is very clear that their respective consoles owns the rights to the account. 

So with that said, for this 're-sync'  to happen, they would have to get permission from said companies for this to happen. EVERY TIME.  

Its just not feasible for DE to do that.

Edited by tCartmant