Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xp System

EinheriarJudith

7 minutes ago, KenthNisshoku said:

they leech bec you nuke the map with the staticor + mirage combo?

i mean your build is basically hogging the kills and not letting anyone kill anything...

i was playing frost. you cant nuke the map with staticor. not only did i have to move around i was also trying to protect the pod. the problem i have is that the weapons that need xp got almost none because of how the system works. had i chose to do nothing those weapons would have been maxed out. you dont get rewarded for effort, you get rewarded for doing next to nothing.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

nvm my bad about the mirage but still using an aoe weapon while trying to rank up other weapons is a bad idea

just bring the weapons you need to rank up and bring a support or defensive frame 

bring a roar rhino, fast nova, harrow, oberon, disarm loki, sonar banshee or trinity

if you try to outkill you allies of course you would say they are leeching

Edited by KenthNisshoku

2 minutes ago, KenthNisshoku said:

nvm my bad about the mirage but still using an aoe weapon while trying to rank up other weapons is a bad idea

just bring the weapons you need to rank up and bring a support or defensive frame 

bring a roar rhino, fast nova, harrow, oberon, disarm loki, sonar banshee or trinity

if you try to outkill you allies of course you would say they are leeching

i was not trying at all to out kill them. there were enough instances where enemies were inside the bubble on top of the pod while i was out and about killing. i also shouldnt have to change how i want to play just to lvl weapons. i brought a point defense frame to a defense missions and was doing what i should have been doing which was protecting the pod with defensive abilities and killing enemies.

should i have just sat and done nothing? why should anyone sit and leech xp and only pass out buffs? thats the problem with this game now. people want to input the lowest amount of effort and they are the ones that reap all the rewards.

11 minutes ago, Eathian said:

If you're grinding affinity, why do you even have the Staticor equipped?

because i can bring weapons that will let me complete the objective. thats another problem with people who only bring weapons they want to lvl. they dont contribute.

its easy for me to lvl weapons in ESO and STILL contribute. in that image i had to work my ass off to even get that kill count and protect the pod.

what endless is used for (except interception)? grinding affinity. let me see you grind affinity with a 4 round sniper rifle, let me see you do it with an zaw or kit gun before they are gilded.

the current affinity system promotes leeching because of shared affinity being able to passively lvl all of your gear. if i put in the effort to play i should be rewarded for doing so. if im going for affinity it is highly unacceptable to sit and leech when i should be playing actively.

I mainly use the Rubico. It's my favorite weapon for all situations so that's not really a fair test.

But, you can run Hydron with and entire team using rank zero weapons and frames and be just fine.

Of the hundreds of times I've run it I've seen it fail all of maybe twice.

Just now, Eathian said:

I mainly use the Rubico. It's my favorite weapon for all situations so that's not really a fair test.

But, you can run Hydron with and entire team using rank zero weapons and frames and be just fine.

Of the hundreds of times I've run it I've seen it fail all of maybe twice.

this isnt about mission failure though. had i done nothing. those weapons i was trying to lvl would have been maxed out. dont you see a problem in that?

No? Using the weapons you're trying to level will, and should, make them level. Had you not equipped the Staticor, and used those other two weapons your team would still have succeeded and your weapons would be ranked.

I'm not saying leeching is great, but when running a farming node you should expect people to be farming there.

Generally, if people are only leveling weapons they still run frames that contribute to the success of the team. Most often I see zero rank weapons being carried by support and buff frames who are absolutely contributing. And as I said it's really not even needed as success on Hydron is almost guaranteed.

7 minutes ago, Eathian said:

No? Using the weapons you're trying to level will, and should, make them level. Had you not equipped the Staticor, and used those other two weapons your team would still have succeeded and your weapons would be ranked.

I'm not saying leeching is great, but when running a farming node you should expect people to be farming there.

Generally, if people are only leveling weapons they still run frames that contribute to the success of the team. Most often I see zero rank weapons being carried by support and buff frames who are absolutely contributing. And as I said it's really not even needed as success on Hydron is almost guaranteed.

again. had i used the 4 round sniper i would mostly just be leeching because of all of its xp coming from..... "Shared XP" actually unless the weapon itself at rank 0 with the few mods you can put in is able to kill you will be lvling those weapons almost purely off of shared xp and that to me is a problem. 

low contribution gets full affinity reward, high contribution gets no affinity reward unless said weapon is actually able to kill and not just a hand full it has to do the majority of the killing.

the system needs an overhaul. it could easily be resolved by taking the affinity youve gained with whatever you were killing with and sharing it with all your non maxed/lense equipment equally.

Just now, Eathian said:

I'm confused how you would be leeching in that scenario. The team leeching off your Staticor sure, but take that away and there is no instance of leeching as the field is more level.

i would be leeching with the sniper rifle because now its affinity gain is mostly shared (other people killing).

i would love nothing more than them to remove ally xp. in that match i must have gotten well over 500k affinity but it was completely wasted because it didnt come from someone else.

Shared affinity is not leeching affinity. It's just shared... If all the players are ineffective due to handicap then no one is leeching. You're just playing the game inefficiently. You have to have someone carrying the team for there to be leechers.

Also, having purely objective based affinity would cause all kinds of problems as the player base would find the most effective way to do it to level as quickly as possible. Which inevitability makes someone angry.

Also also, just killing the enemies is more affinity gain than shared affinity is. So kill them with the weapons you need ranked. 

Look, I know what you like to post on. This is just another "Nerf Staticor" thread that's thinly disguised as a leeching problem. You had the option of not taking the Staticor.

Even using an ungilded Catchmoon or Rattleguts I still did quite well against Hydron enemies with about 20% damage on my EV trinity while giving my team energy. Don't bring up ungilded Kitguns. They can work as top damage ... if you use Resonance Banshee. But Resonance Banshee should never be compulsory for a player with a low ranked gun.

Players shouldn't be expected to be ultimate tryhards just because you are one. I for one absolutely hate it when I take my speed Nova and end up doing the Saryn's job and Frost's job using my Antimatter Absorb. But that is entirely my fault because I am being tryhard, not because of my team being useless leeches.

If you choose to be the Staticor wielder, you have chosen to nuke the map and of course the buffer frames will choose to buff you. This is common sense. No one will say anything if you came with a Lex Prime and Rubico.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Look, I know what you like to post on. This is just another "Nerf Staticor" thread that's thinly disguised as a leeching problem. You had the option of not taking the Staticor.

Even using an ungilded Catchmoon or Rattleguts I still did quite well against Hydron enemies with about 20% damage on my EV trinity while giving my team energy. Don't bring up ungilded Kitguns. They can work as top damage ... if you use Resonance Banshee. But Resonance Banshee should never be compulsory for a player with a low ranked gun.

Players shouldn't be expected to be ultimate tryhards just because you are one. I for one absolutely hate it when I take my speed Nova and end up doing the Saryn's job and Frost's job using my Antimatter Absorb. But that is entirely my fault because I am being tryhard, not because of my team being useless leeches.

If you choose to be the Staticor wielder, you have chosen to nuke the map and of course the buffer frames will choose to buff you. This is common sense. No one will say anything if you came with a Lex Prime and Rubico.

no. this is not a nerf staticor. staticor cannot nuke the map. you have to actually hit where enemies are you cant stand in one place shoot the ground and the map is dead. staticor =/= saryn, volt, mesa, equinox.

only thing ive said is low contribition should not get more than those who actually want to play. again if the others did what they were supposed to my kill count would not be as high as it is. its actually bad when you load into a mission and enemies are just building up all over the place because no one is killing. what are you going to do in that situation? kill.

dont confuse being a try hard with people who play actively.

Just now, EinheriarJudith said:

no. this is not a nerf staticor. staticor cannot nuke the map. you have to actually hit where enemies are you cant stand in one place shoot the ground and the map is dead. staticor =/= saryn, volt, mesa, equinox.

only thing ive said is low contribition should not get more than those who actually want to play. again if the others did what they were supposed to my kill count would not be as high as it is. its actually had when you load into a mission and enemies are just building up all over the place because no one is killing. what are you going to do in that situation? kill.

dont confuse being a try hard with people who play actively.

I have seen what a Staticor can do on Hydron. The context is Hydron where you are. You roughly aim and press the button a few times to delete some enemies. If there is a Speedva on the team it becomes even easier, especially when it is easy to hit enemies slowed by the frost globe, allowing you to create a choke point.

I didn't know Mesa and Equinox can just stand there without bothering to look around/ reposition. Saryn cannot spam 4 anymore and Volt must wait for a critical mass of enemies to bunch up plus cast in the exact middle. Mesa and Staticor are in very much the same boat.

If the others did what they were meant to do? If there is a Trinity, the only kind of Trinity with an obscene kill count would be an irresponsible one like me sometimes who doesn't EV often, ignores fallen team mates and runs around with my Catchmoon Kitgun. A buffer is going to buff the nuker to output more. If you are a Rhino with a Saryn, you buff the Saryn with roar, not kill unspored enemies and end up reducing her damage.

You are indeed expecting everyone to be a try hard/take a narrow meta/Four Saryn harem fighting for King Killcount. 

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I have seen what a Staticor can do on Hydron. The context is Hydron where you are. You roughly aim and press the button a few times to delete some enemies. If there is a Speedva on the team it becomes even easier, especially when it is easy to hit enemies slowed by the frost globe, allowing you to create a choke point.

I didn't know Mesa and Equinox can just stand there without bothering to look around/ reposition. Saryn cannot spam 4 anymore and Volt must wait for a critical mass of enemies to bunch up plus cast in the exact middle. Mesa and Staticor are in very much the same boat.

If the others did what they were meant to do? If there is a Trinity, the only kind of Trinity with an obscene kill count would be an irresponsible one like me sometimes who doesn't EV often, ignores fallen team mates and runs around with my Catchmoon Kitgun. A buffer is going to buff the nuker to output more. If you are a Rhino with a Saryn, you buff the Saryn with roar, not kill unspored enemies and end up reducing her damage.

You are indeed expecting everyone to be a try hard/take a narrow meta/Four Saryn harem fighting for King Killcount. 

if you think staticor can even do what those frames can, there are no words. i was playing frost, a point defense frame, on a defense map. that kill count is nothing short of enemy build up was too much.

no i was expecting the others to play. not leech.

10 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if you think staticor can even do what those frames can, there are no words. i was playing frost, a point defense frame, on a defense map. that kill count is nothing short of enemy build up was too much.

no i was expecting the others to play. not leech.

Only on Hydron Staticor can perform like that and only when enemies are funnelled into a choke. I get annoyed when people take things out of context. Mesa needs LoS and positioning. Equinox needs people to actually die which means you may as well pack a Staticor/Plasmor/Whatever with her. Saryn needs LoS to apply her spore and can't survive heavy fire. 

Limbo is a true PD frame. Frost has a 4 you can press and you can easily shoot out of the globe. As a Frost standing in Hydron's middle, enemies ARE funnelled into chokes and make easy picking for the Staticor. It is simply tedious to run everywhere when you can spray down a hallway.

Please, learn what is called situational context and damage. Hydron is conducive for X play. You try the same style in the Plains or in an Exterminate/Spy you will fail.

Addressing leeching is one thing, but still a temporary solution.

What should be addressed is the reason why do people leech. The most common answer would most likely be, because nobody wants to spend their attention on hours of mindless grinding of the exact same weaponry and their two-three variants each (the normal, Prime, Vandal, Wraith, Prisma, etc.). In the same context people will answer they do this for the Mastery Rank, because it grants the XP, and since it's the form of gamification that Warframe uses for its progression that is also visible to the others, people will naturally go for it, in order to unlock further weapons to again get their Mastery Rank up, perhaps sometimes to keep and actually use them. In other cases, people don't want to look inexperienced or unreliable, and this is a natural human reaction that they want to present themselves the best they can to the others.

In short, Warframe's eternal Mastery Rank grind needs to be addressed, and the game should actually focus on engaging, different gameplay, not plain grinding of every item in the game, which clearly does not contribute to the game knowledge of the players, and certainly pushes many away.

3 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

here i had the lowest contribution where i just popped up snow globe and sometimes bothered to kill enemies that got close to me.

Hide contents

Warframe0074.jpg

So basically to make a point, you're leeching. That's what I'm getting from all this "I'm gonna leech until DE makes it harder for me to." Sorry, can't support anyone who thinks this is the proper way to address the system. 

3 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

So basically to make a point, you're leeching. That's what I'm getting from all this "I'm gonna leech until DE makes it harder for me to." Sorry, can't support anyone who thinks this is the proper way to address the system. 

so bringing this to DE's attention is bad? please. i care about removing tools leeches use. i will show all sides. the system needs an overhaul i gave 2 examples. one example i was playing actively and got next to nothing, the other i did very little and got exactly what i wanted. it shouldnt be this way ever.