Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When did haggling become ripping off?

(PSN)thatsmybigtoe

Question

Howdie folks 

So I have an interesting situation. I was in trade chat and someone was looking for a primed ravage mod, I happened to have said mod. Now in our discussion I offered it at 80 plat, I know this is lot (admittedly I have never traded primed mods, so I don't have an idea of their value.) The other player asked for 30plat and I agreed. He then reported me for ripping him off, let me add no actual trade happened. 

What I would like to ask is, when does haggling become ripping off. Why is it becoming taboo to haggle for the item you want to trade? This is happening even with my steel meridian mod trading which I offer at 10 plat and at times for free. Whats your thoughts? 

15 answers to this question

The report is invalid and may have consequences for the reporter if Staff decides so.

Haggling is not a problem, though most people like to just name a price, get that price and be done with it (especially when they're selling a lot and getting a lot of messages).

Regardless, you agree on a price (or not), you trade for that price (or not), there is no rip off.

Edited by -AxHx-Vile

3 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The report is invalid and may have consequences for the reporter if Staff decides so.

Haggling is not a problem, though most people like to just name a price, get that price and be done with it (especially when they're selling a lot and getting a lot of messages).

Regardless, you agree on a price, you trade for that price, there is no rip off.

This is my thought exactly, thank you, because I am worried about being banned over this situation. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

This is my thought exactly, thank you, because I am worried about being banned over this situation. 

From what you have described there is absolutely no reason for a ban. It's like someone walked into a store, disagreed on a price tag and walked out (and then pointlessly nagged about it to customer service). No big deal.

5 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

From what you have described there is absolutely no reason for a ban. It's like someone walked into a store, disagreed on a price tag and walked out (and then pointlessly nagged about it to customer service). No big deal.

Funny you say that, I am actually in the retail business and I have customers do that. I have to just shake my head

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PS4)thatsmybigtoe:

Funny you say that, I am actually in the retail business and I have customers do that. I have to just shake my head

If you even actually WORK in real life in that kind of business, why do even ask that question here? LOL

What Vile said is 100 % right and i couldnt agree more. Someone "reporting" you for ripping off is ... lol.... really just making a true joke of himself doing that.

The best that can happen is someone of DE reading this report having a bad day and still starting laughing loud about this beeing a report about "ripping someone off" if at all.

Had someone a lot of months ago (cant remember when) that was calling me "scammer" for asking for a high price and said good luck finding someone that buys it for that price. Well... im no liar, i just sometimes keep a part of the truth away, at the same time he was writing with me (first message for same offer gets the ware, except for offer of the other one is higher). I sold it exactly after he left the Dojo for trading and complained about me...

Remember this: If you KNOW you are right, you dont need to be mad at people that think they are right if they absolutely arent, smile... knowing in the end people not listening to your valuable advice mostly punish themselves. So next time someone "reports you" for "scamming" just smile brightly, and move on with your business ignoring that person having a nice day.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

Howdie folks 

So I have an interesting situation. I was in trade chat and someone was looking for a primed ravage mod, I happened to have said mod. Now in our discussion I offered it at 80 plat, I know this is lot (admittedly I have never traded primed mods, so I don't have an idea of their value.) The other player asked for 30plat and I agreed. He then reported me for ripping him off, let me add no actual trade happened. 

What I would like to ask is, when does haggling become ripping off. Why is it becoming taboo to haggle for the item you want to trade? This is happening even with my steel meridian mod trading which I offer at 10 plat and at times for free. Whats your thoughts? 

30 plat was kinda cheap in my opinion if the trade would to take place. Syndicate mods i would put a 10 plat minimum or trade for something with equal value   it's your augment your syndicate rep and if 1 player won't pay 10, another will.

😑just because i don't buy a Ferrari doesn't mean they just give them out for free right? 

32 minutes ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

If you even actually WORK in real life in that kind of business, why do even ask that question here? LOL

What Vile said is 100 % right and i couldnt agree more. Someone "reporting" you for ripping off is ... lol.... really just making a true joke of himself doing that.

The best that can happen is someone of DE reading this report having a bad day and still starting laughing loud about this beeing a report about "ripping someone off" if at all.

Had someone a lot of months ago (cant remember when) that was calling me "scammer" for asking for a high price and said good luck finding someone that buys it for that price. Well... im no liar, i just sometimes keep a part of the truth away, at the same time he was writing with me (first message for same offer gets the ware, except for offer of the other one is higher). I sold it exactly after he left the Dojo for trading and complained about me...

Remember this: If you KNOW you are right, you dont need to be mad at people that think they are right if they absolutely arent, smile... knowing in the end people not listening to your valuable advice mostly punish themselves. So next time someone "reports you" for "scamming" just smile brightly, and move on with your business ignoring that person having a nice day.

Love this, I guess I was just taken a back. After 400 hours in the game I havent bumped into someone who reacted that way

As others have stated. You have no ban issues on the horizon.

Primed mods via in game trading have a huge price range.

I have seen unranked mods trade from 15p to 130p and maxed mods sell from 100p to 300p.

It is like being called a scammer for selling an unranked prime mod for say 100p. If it is what the buyer wants, the buyer is aware of the price, the buyer gets the deal they agree to, no scam has occured.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

My guess is that its a cultural thing. Different culture seems to have different view on haggling. Some groups of people accept haggling easily and some others don’t. I made a thread similar to this a few weeks ago. And from the little bit that i got from that thread my conclusion is that it is just different culture 

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1014556-do-you-haggle-tenno-bazaar/?tab=comments#comment-10192278