Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Garuda's 4 be changed to a tap-to-charge ability, like Mass Vitrify?

AdunSaveMe

It gets really tedious holding the key down until it's at the desired radius. If it was tap to charge, then tap again to release, similar to how Ash's 4 is controlled, then it would be a lot smoother and much friendlier to my poor overworked keyboard fingers.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I've worked through plenty of Rework threads with players from Consoles, this always comes up and somehow DE doesn't quite ever read that part.

Console 'hold to charge' mechanics are problematic because unlike PC with its ability to hotkey things, or have gaming mice with thumb buttons, Consoles lose control over their aiming thumbstick when they press and hold the ability key.

So, in short, I agree. Tap casting or 'half second hold' is always better for the game than charging.

8 hours ago, Thaylien said:

I've worked through plenty of Rework threads with players from Consoles, this always comes up and somehow DE doesn't quite ever read that part.

Console 'hold to charge' mechanics are problematic because unlike PC with its ability to hotkey things, or have gaming mice with thumb buttons, Consoles lose control over their aiming thumbstick when they press and hold the ability key.

So, in short, I agree. Tap casting or 'half second hold' is always better for the game than charging.

I can't imagine how annoying it must be with a controller. 

3 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I can't imagine how annoying it must be with a controller. 

I play her with a Controller and charging her 4 up with it is not that bad. It's probably slower than it is with a Keyboard but i'm guessing slightly. I would imagine if her 4's charge up worked like Gara's Mass Vitrify (after you press 4, The Targeting Area widens before you press 4 again), I can see it being easier to use. 

3 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

I play her with a Controller and charging her 4 up with it is not that bad. It's probably slower than it is with a Keyboard but i'm guessing slightly. I would imagine if her 4's charge up worked like Gara's Mass Vitrify (after you press 4, The Targeting Area widens before you press 4 again), I can see it being easier to use. 

Just like Mass Vitrify, yeah. I forgot about that ability. That's exactly the kind of thing that I'm suggesting. Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by AdunSaveMe