The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add Vaulting Maneuvers [Warning: Lots Of Images]

AtokNiiro

Please, don't make it a mod because this should be core.

Why? Because we can run walls, we can climb walls, we can jump in unreal heights and all these are core mechanics not requiring mods.

Also look at all the useless mods added recently, which can't match the much more useful +stat mods we already have and we already don't have enough slots for.

This looks great, will send to the group of devs responsible for movement design and integration.

Rebecca did make sure to pass this along. AtokNiiro, amazing post appreciate the effort put into it.

Its really cool to see these thoughts because we actually have tried a great deal of what you suggest, especially with the vaulting mechanics. The reason its not in game *yet* is because we haven't been able to get it feeling as a proper evolution of our current movement. The implementation we had was a little too "sticky" so it made you feel like you were losing control of your Warframe. Animations we did are very close to your sketches tho.

We do intend to go back to it and get it feeling better, I will also pass this along to Daniel (our programmer who implement's this stuff). Really dig your thoughts on melee inclusion as well.

Thank you guys for responding I can rest easy with the bumps :D

I reiterate that i think its a great idea, but the maneuver isn't realy needed. You can forward flip over almost any obstacle at full pelt. Meanwhile wallrunning itself is hit or miss. The wall attack is completely unusable. Some of the flips you do at the top of a vertical wallrun can flip you right across a walkway and make you fall down the other side, and rolling after every jump if you leave your finger on W is just plain freakin irritating.

Please, don't make it a mod because this should be core.

Why? Because we can run walls, we can climb walls, we can jump in unreal heights and all these are core mechanics not requiring mods.

Also look at all the useless mods added recently, which can't match the much more useful +stat mods we already have and we already don't have enough slots for.

Rebecca did make sure to pass this along. AtokNiiro, amazing post appreciate the effort put into it.

Its really cool to see these thoughts because we actually have tried a great deal of what you suggest, especially with the vaulting mechanics. The reason its not in game *yet* is because we haven't been able to get it feeling as a proper evolution of our current movement. The implementation we had was a little too "sticky" so it made you feel like you were losing control of your Warframe. Animations we did are very close to your sketches tho.

We do intend to go back to it and get it feeling better, I will also pass this along to Daniel (our programmer who implement's this stuff). Really dig your thoughts on melee inclusion as well.

The biggest problem, is that with the variety of free running tecniques, combined with weapon use, thats going to be a huge amount of animation work.

Get that whip cracking Geoff !

This is I cool, I can't deny that, but is this really needed? Why not just jump over obstacles? I don't see anything wrong with that...

...apart from the landing roll. That darn landing roll. Gah, I hate it so much.

it doesn't feel fluid jump over obstacles feels pretty much clunky, they advertise parkour, but just jumping over obstacles like you do in warframe is no parkour or free run.

ever played the game mirrors edge? that had awesome movement and that in a first person view, usually first person view games don't have such nice movement but it managed to make it rly fluid and fast

I would like this move to increase your speed slighty. Right after the vault if you keep sprinting you get short speed boost. This would provide both purpose for this move and also some semblance of grace to the movement. Right now if you wanna move fast you have to jump slide attack and that is neither graceful or immersive.

This could provide welcome alternative, imagine entire team running forward vaulting over obstacles. Without the speed boost it could be little gimmicky, yes, but cool still.

I would like vault to provide speed boost equivalent to jump sliding.

Edited by LocoWithGun