Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Reduce Nova's Lengthy Neck In U.10.

icanhaztehcookie

Seriously, she reminds me of those women from those tribes that put rings around their necks to stretch them out, it's disgusting and unnatural, Novas neck needs to look normal, and her agile stance looks very awkward with that neck of hers, you can even see some sort of lump when you see her from the rear cause it's so long.

girl in fantasy game doesn't fit your ideal. So you say "her body type is an abomination, lets kill it with fire..i only want women with triple D's. small hands. and a petite body."

Edited by ForumSmurf

Seriously, she reminds me of those women from those tribes that put rings around their necks to stretch them out, it's disgusting and unnatural, Novas neck needs to look normal

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Did you know that long necks are a symbol of beauty in some cultures? Maybe Nova is a descendent of those african tribal women?

Just a thought. If anything's disgusting and unnatural, it's the shiny texture around her butt. That unholy abomination needs to go.

So your saying the design council was made up of kids who took anime too serious and attempted to pick a character who couldn't possibly have a "natural" neck like that...

nuu... thats impossbru...

Oh wait that's completely possible and did happen lol. Shes lucky she has the abilities she does otherwise she'd probably be the least popular warframe with the horrid suit and crazystraw neck. Thank goodness Necro is being done without input from the community for the most part design wise.

Seriously, she reminds me of those women from those tribes that put rings around their necks to stretch them out, it's disgusting and unnatural, Novas neck needs to look normal, and her agile stance looks very awkward with that neck of hers, you can even see some sort of lump when you see her from the rear cause it's so long.

Disgusting and unnatural is your opinion, and your opinion is altered and based on modern society's culture.

In certain tribes, country, culture. Long necks / thin necks are consider a beauty.

It's just fyi, so next time you won't sound like a jackass that thinks your opinion is a fact.

I personally am not bothered by her neck. Probably because most of the time I'm starring at her shinny &#!.

q1osegM.jpg

Use Nova's default helmet to compare, then we will talk. Alt helms are a switch, it does not always merge seamlessly onto the body.

So your saying the design council was made up of kids who took anime too serious and attempted to pick a character who couldn't possibly have a "natural" neck like that...

Oh wait that's completely possible and did happen lol. Shes lucky she has the abilities she does otherwise she'd probably be the least popular warframe with the horrid suit and crazystraw neck. Thank goodness Necro is being done without input from the community for the most part design wise.

Talk when you're part of the design council and actually know how it works inside it. Because as far as your comment goes, everything you just said is just assuming. To join design council, it takes $99. Tell me what kinda kid, and how many kids would be able to afford $99. If you're gonna come back with, they used their parents' credit card. Then tell me what kinda parents let their kid spend $99 on one single game that's supposed to be free to play.

Conclusion: Until you're the insider of something you're trying to talk about, everything you say is just pointless and should not be taken seriously. This is just FYI.

It's simple....frames resemble what they are (Nova antimatter inspired, either you have nothing there or something amazingly deformed) Ember and Saryn are great examples of this

According to your logic.

Ember should resemble fire, why does it resemble chicken/hen?

The nova model is poorly built, IMO. The proportions just look weird, her bum is strange, and her fashion flares and heels look ridiculous.

Her neck, too.

I reckon they should redesign her completely. But maybe that's just me.

Ash should be first in line, it's like he's wearing a jumpsuit or something. Almost no colour will look nice on him. And black is too over used.

Or maybe that's just me too.

Edited by Rain-Maker

I don't think you know our total input...

A short rundown.

DE: What kind of suit do you want

DC: RABBLE! Antimatter!

DE: What powers do you want

DC: RABBLE! these powers!

DE: This is her concept art (aka final design), what do you want to name her

DC: RABBLE! RABBLE! RABBLE! I guess Nova.

Edited by Firetempest

Majority of humanity are made up of dumbasses and people that should've really been an abortion. Extremely offensive, I know. But let's face it, you know it's the truth when you've worked enough as a retail. Now take that scale down to a gaming community size. Figure the rest out yourself.

Not extremely offensive at all... Bad but not at all offensive, toxic maybe but not offensive.

Use Nova's default helmet to compare, then we will talk. Alt helms are a switch, it does not always merge seamlessly onto the body.

K.

wqIEOGZ.jpg

Ain't that the cats pajamas.

Every head is placed on a headless model. Its safe to say the action idle set is to blame for it accentuating the oddness. So now I use noble. But I still use darker colors to hide her waddle neck in a noble pose.

Edited by Firetempest

I don't see any problem her long neck, she looks like a prematurely born ugly duckling anyway.

What difference is a few cm off her neck is gonna make?

Should DE grants op's wish then i want them to buff nyx's  () () to (   ) (   )

Edited by K0ZURE

I don't see any problem her long neck, she looks like a prematurely born ugly duckling anyway.

What difference is a few cm off her neck is gonna make?

Personally, I just don't like the texturing more. Reminds me of

hunter2.jpg

A alt skin could change some suits up quite a bit without changing the mesh itself. Yet who knows when we'll see one of those.

The new animation styles, like Agile or Noble tend to break necks for certain frames, like Ash.

Also, if you look at the nova on the right of this picture...

q1osegM.jpg

Notice the small dent in her neck...

That is the end of her ACTUAL neck.

The rest is the helmet.

She looks alright with the actual helmet and the regular animation style.

All shall be fixed, perhaps.

It doesn't matter if the OP brought up culture into this, if Nova had rings around her own neck to symbolize that she is from said culture, then no one would really care, but no, she doesn't have them, therefore this is an animation flaw, does that comparison of Mag, Nova and the Giraffe not helping out those who can't really see what the problem is? Nova wasn't a design flaw, her concept art was good, but when it came out in-game, the flaw came from a elongated neck, it's almost curved and it breaks her agile animation with the way the neck is hunched over to an unhealthy and rather uncomfortable position.

And hey look at that, this thread got noticed and was moved here from GD. Looks like ( hopefully ) this thread got the attention of a dev who moved it and not a forum moderator.

Majority of humanity are made up of dumbasses and people that should've really been an abortion. Extremely offensive, I know. But let's face it, you know it's the truth when you've worked enough as a retail. Now take that scale down to a gaming community size. Figure the rest out yourself.

Look who's talking.