Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The One Thing That Almost All Stealth Games Dont Have But This One Does.

mercenaryfighter2947

if anybody has been doing any stealth missions then you guys all know about this.

games like splinter cell and hitman have a much better stealth mechanic because its easier. because in warframe when a enemy spots you all they say is "huh?" then everybody thats 1 mile away can hear him and i would really like it if the other factions only respond to GUNFIRE not some guy saying "huh?".

Edited by mercenaryfighter2947

for example lets say you bump into a guy he says "huh?" you kill him and he dosent shoot and yet everyone lets say 25 feet away goes on alert.

Not just guys... Ospreys and Moas will cause it too.

If a shield osprey sees you, and you kill it with a throwing knife, some guy 30m+ away will start tapping away on a control console and you'll never see him.

Then suddenly, its "You've been seen. Ready your weapons!" and I'm like "seriously?"

Also, Cross-Faction spawns.

You're stealthing a Grineer mission, and Infestation or Corpus spawns. You'll be sneaking along and suddenly Lotus will say "You've been seen. Ready your weapons!" purely because the Grineer saw a _Corpus_ (or Infested) and raised the alarm. Somehow that magically put a tracking beacon on You, too.

Edited by Xylia

@Xylia
I think that the last part at least partially works (lore-wise at least) like this:
When you first get into a mission the enemies dont have any scanners or anything up to track anyone.  Afterall they dont know that you're there and have no reason to suspect it, so why waste energy on having the sensors doing full sweeps?
When they see another faction invading they turn their scanners and sensors up to detect the new threat and then they see that lo-and-behold a tenno is also there on their scanners/sensors.

Its not that they need to put a tracking beacon to know all of your movements, they just need to actually turn on their sensors to detect you.  And another faction invading gives them a reason to turn them on.

@Xylia

I think that the last part at least partially works (lore-wise at least) like this:

When you first get into a mission the enemies dont have any scanners or anything up to track anyone.  Afterall they dont know that you're there and have no reason to suspect it, so why waste energy on having the sensors doing full sweeps?

When they see another faction invading they turn their scanners and sensors up to detect the new threat and then they see that lo-and-behold a tenno is also there on their scanners/sensors.

Its not that they need to put a tracking beacon to know all of your movements, they just need to actually turn on their sensors to detect you.  And another faction invading gives them a reason to turn them on.

Why wouldn't they just leave their sensors on at all times, though?

I always thought detection happens when someone gets a "bead" on you and manages to get to a computer to pinpoint your current location, and then the ship's sensors can then track you the rest of the time you're on the ship, is the way I always thought they worked.

@Xylia
I came up with my idea because if you ever go into the 'fire hazard' maps you'll find that the enemies are alerted from the very beginning because they are in a battle and need their sensors on.

As to why they wouldn't have them on..
The Grineer are getting dumber and uglier due to degeneration caused by constant cloning.
The corpus dont really have any excuse though.

In the future people have radios, and interal ship sensors/cameras, and biometric data on their LIVING troops. No shock that in the future a guy going "Huh?" and then dying is enough to alert everyone else on the tactical network.

Unlike today, where 'modern' security doesn't seem to have anything even vaguely like Google glasses (who's concept has been around far longer, like Land Warrior).

@Xylia

I came up with my idea because if you ever go into the 'fire hazard' maps you'll find that the enemies are alerted from the very beginning because they are in a battle and need their sensors on.

As to why they wouldn't have them on..

The Grineer are getting dumber and uglier due to degeneration caused by constant cloning.

The corpus dont really have any excuse though.

Probably these "sensors" consumes a lot of energy.

Also, I wouldn't say that Grineer are degenerating that much. At least they've got facilities and researching new weapon while Tenno can't do a S#&$ aside from some reverse engineering. Also, whole process looks spooky to me, they definitely just buying stuff from Corpus and taking our resources and money to get some profit for themselves. Just think of it, why every piece of equipment crafts either 12 or 24 hours, with exception of frames (72)?