Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Video) More than a quake-spamming bot: Playing Banshee the fun way

Huggalump

Awesome, you're really skilled with Banshee.

Ever tried using the frame without Vitality and Arcane Guardian?

You could free up a mod slot for more power and it wouldn't hurt the build much as Banshee barely has any survivability anyways.

Wouldn't necessarily has to be Blind Rage as i usually spend half the time void dashing in the game with it equipped but minmaxed builds with hit and run can be even more effective.

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Awesome, you're really skilled with Banshee.

Ever tried using the frame without Vitality and Arcane Guardian?

You could free up a mod slot for more power and it wouldn't hurt the build much as Banshee barely has any survivability anyways.

Wouldn't necessarily has to be Blind Rage as i usually spend half the time void dashing in the game with it equipped but minmaxed builds with hit and run can be even more effective.

I have not tried that, but I'll give it a go!. What are you using instead of Arcane Guardian? 

More power str is always good, of course, but I don't feel a need for it. Like I said in the video, this is really optimized for the level of the content I play at. I do long Mot survival runs very rarely because I find the style of play necessary for that boring and not particularly challenging. (ie. sitting in stealth or out of line of sight, and as long as you understand damaging through armor you'll be fine). But also like I said in the video, that vitality is one of the things I target as something unnecessary, so i'll give it a shot 😄

1 hour ago, kinrest said:

I've always avoided banshee because of the sound quake spam. This looks really fun and I use bows a lot, so I'll definitely give it a try!

Yes! That's the main reason I made it. Banshee has been one of my favorite frames for a long time, but it seems like more and more I only see her as a quake-bot. I wanted to show off how while she does have one of the most boring play styles, she also has one of the most fun. Adding a bow to that just increases how fun it is

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

So basically the normal Resonance Banshee except you trade some strength for mobility and another augment.

Eh ... ok I guess?

Yup! I'm not implying that I invented anything here. It's basically two things. 1) I almost only see people playing quake banshee. 2) The video is actually about a lot more than just sonar, but it provides a launching pad to talk about other things as well.

3 minutes ago, Huggalump said:

I have not tried that, but I'll give it a go!. What are you using instead of Arcane Guardian? 

You could try Savage Silence instead of Vitality and f.ex. Arcane Trickery, just the ones from the top of my head that could be useful with Banshee, but there are probably better ones too that don't break momentum, these are still viable against high EHP single targets.

If nothing else, minor stat increases would do, but i try to never rely on my frame's survivability.

4 minutes ago, kgabor said:

You could try Savage Silence instead of Vitality and f.ex. Arcane Trickery, just the ones from the top of my head that could be useful with Banshee, but there are probably better ones too that don't break momentum, these are still viable against high EHP single targets.

If nothing else, minor stat increases would do, but i try to never rely on my frame's survivability.

why have i never thought of that? I've never even messed around with Savage Silence. I don't think I even have it haha. It doesn't sound like a playstyle I'd use a ton, but I'm definitely going to make a loadout for that. Thanks.

Don't people nuke their ability range with narrow minded for that playstyle? Or would you still run with 100% range?

Edited by Huggalump

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Neat build, but Banshee was ruined for me ever since the quake spamming of hydron. Every time I see her in a mission I get a sense of dread and anger Hopping to not see them use it, because I will immediately leave the mission if they do.

hahaha I totally get that. I'm the same way with Limbo.... but fortunately for me, I already loved sonar banshee before the big quake banshee craze. 

Pretty cool video, thanks for sharing. Hope you do more, you're natural at it.

One thing you didn't mention on your MS Paint diagram is that plenty of people ( I'm guilty of that as well ) sometimes just want to rush through and complete a sortie as quickly and efficiently as possible without much hassle/effort. On that case the driver isn't really having fun doing the mission, but rather just get over with it to get the rewards.

I find myself doing that often ( funny enough, I usually go with Ivara or Limbo like the guy you mentioned ), but other times I also just want to try something different and get creative, like you did with that build. 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Pretty cool video, thanks for sharing. Hope you do more, you're natural at it.

One thing you didn't mention on your MS Paint diagram is that plenty of people ( I'm guilty of that as well ) sometimes just want to rush through and complete a sortie as quickly and efficiently as possible without much hassle/effort. On that case the driver isn't really having fun doing the mission, but rather just get over with it to get the rewards.

I find myself doing that often ( funny enough, I usually go with Ivara or Limbo like the guy you mentioned ), but other times I also just want to try something different and get creative, like you did with that build. 

Yeah, that's fair. One thing I possibly should have mentioned is that fun is relative, and I'm clearly just describing my definition of having fun in the game. Either way, it works to lay out my perspective on the game so the (very few) people watching my content know what direction my opinions are coming from in the future.