Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Player Campaign Idea

Justin_Case001

My clanmates and I think that a dedicated single player campaign would be an awesome future endevour for this game.  You know, a whole fleshed out story with voice acting, big soundtrack, cutscenes, story, scripted events, etc.  The works.  They could make a nice, polished product, put it on steam for $30, and then whatever frames  and equipment/mods you get in the single player game would be importable into your online account.  Wouldn't that just be the tops?  I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

It sounds nice, but the problem is that DE would have to divert resources away from this game in order to make it. Plus It would take 2 years or so to get a polished product. More story is planned for this game so that will have to do for the lore @#&*(s like me, for now at least.

Why not go for a similar story driven experience to Guildwars 2's character living stories?

You cant repeat them and the story keeps growing with each content patch, if a story driven "quest" line like this was implemented straight into the existing game (no addons required) it would be awesome.

They could even add it onto the current rank progression, not equal xp to the current system but just to help it.

I feel that this would be a great idea to shoot for after the game leaves beta.

Guys, keep in mind that the main design of the game is already ready, and that it is not based on in-game cinematic or whatsoever. The only animated scenes we have are the trailers. So I don't think this is going to be someday added to the game.

However, this game's story is so empty. Seriously, we know nothing about the factions, the stalker, the bosses, lotus or our frames. Which give no real purpose on this side of the game. We all completed our solar system, and what did we learn? Almost nothing. This is such a shame for such a good universe.

It's nice to have a concept, but if you don't give it some consistency, and make some weird choices in term of new frames, new cosmetics, then you loose all logical aspect in your universe.

Game is meant to be Co-Op, the story builds itself around it, just like games such as Borderlands that do the same. They are planning to do more story, there sort of is the first piece already so the story will be build around the Co-Op mode. Why to do singleplayer and drastically harm Co-Op when you can simply improve Co-Op by doing the story in this mode.

Why not go for a similar story driven experience to Guildwars 2's character living stories?

You cant repeat them and the story keeps growing with each content patch, if a story driven "quest" line like this was implemented straight into the existing game (no addons required) it would be awesome.

They could even add it onto the current rank progression, not equal xp to the current system but just to help it.

I feel that this would be a great idea to shoot for after the game leaves beta.

Oh god the nightmares of Traeherne's wooden dialogue are gonna be haunting me again.