Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK timer suggestion.

CedarDpg

I've noticed this complaint often from people who use stationary skills in various missions. While I haven't really run into this much, it would be nice to have a visual indicator or the toggle option that gives us a visual indicator to let us know when we're in AFK mode. And yes, I know that some people will say something like, "But that will help out AFKers, blah blah blah..." or "All you have to do is move before the mission is over..." Most people who AFK/leech already move every once in a while anyways, so it'd mostly benefit those who don't realize they're entering AFK mode during normal gameplay.

13 minutes ago, CedarDpg said:

I've noticed this complaint often from people who use stationary skills in various missions. While I haven't really run into this much, it would be nice to have a visual indicator or the toggle option that gives us a visual indicator to let us know when we're in AFK mode. And yes, I know that some people will say something like, "But that will help out AFKers, blah blah blah..." or "All you have to do is move before the mission is over..." Most people who AFK/leech already move every once in a while anyways, so it'd mostly benefit those who don't realize they're entering AFK mode during normal gameplay.

Dont complain about AFKers, u have matchmaking option: Public (to play with AFKers) or SOLO (to play without them)!

Choose which option is the best for you, some peeps when they are AFK need to go in toilete, or they get phone call, or have kids around them etc....!!!

3 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Dont complain about AFKers, u have matchmaking option: Public (to play with AFKers) or SOLO (to play without them)!

Choose which option is the best for you, some peeps when they are AFK need to go in toilete, or they get phone call, or have kids around them etc....!!!

if they afk like that, they can say it in the chat, they got an excuse, people accept it

and they there are those who go afk cus they just dont want to play the game, then they come back to collect the loot then leave again, they also known as leechers

1 minute ago, vid23 said:

if they afk like that, they can say it in the chat, they got an excuse, people accept it

and they there are those who go afk cus they just dont want to play the game, then they come back to collect the loot then leave again, they also known as leechers

U always have third option in matchmaking (Invite Only - u can inv peeps who wont go AFK with you in squad, u can find them in recruitment chat or in your clan, depends on you)!

6 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Reading comprehension much? I'm not complaining about AFKers. I'm pointing out that they defeat the AFK timer anyway, that this would benefit people who inadvertently trip the AFK timer.

8 minutes ago, vid23 said:

Exactly! Someone tells me, hey, "I have a phone call", or " brb, someone's knocking on the door", or "I'mma piss my pants if I don't go to the bathroom right now." or whatever, I have no problem with the AFKing for that. 🙂

45 minutes ago, CedarDpg said:

benefit people who inadvertently trip the AFK timer.

Nobody inadvertently trips it. Either they are genuinely AFK, in which case they probably have more pressing issues than a video game, or they are sitting in a stationary frame ability doing the absolute minimum to play the game. The only people this would help would be the latter group and I don't see how DE would want to make it easier for them to skirt the line.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Nobody inadvertently trips it. Either they are genuinely AFK, in which case they probably have more pressing issues than a video game, or they are sitting in a stationary frame ability doing the absolute minimum to play the game. The only people this would help would be the latter group and I don't see how DE would want to make it easier for them to skirt the line.

I don't know. Sometimes if I play a frame that has a skill that locks me down in place, I may stay in a spot too long. I usually use a frame that's more mobile, and as such it doesn't affect me often. But if they don't want people to stay stationary, then make all skills mobile...(without mods required), don't make skills lock frames down in place. It's kind of BS that some frames have awesome nuking ults that they can use whilst running around all willy-nilly, but others are forced to stay in place to use theirs.

3 minutes ago, CedarDpg said:

But if they don't want people to stay stationary, then make all skills mobile

Congratulations. You've come to the same conclusion DE has and while you are able to express it in words, they have to go through and actually develop new abilities and balance it all out.

In the meantime, they are going to punish people who sit in an ability for enough time that they are considered AFK.

True, I suppose the people who AFK could always just make use of autohotkey scripts or other similar software to move themselves before the AFK timer kicks in. (Which is probably what hardcore AFKers who are there to actually leech probably do.) Just have it wait a few minutes, cancel the skill, move a little, recast the skill. Rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Sadly the rules, the general conduct and common sense dictates that by choosing public you are not obligated to play with afk players and that is why reporting said players in public games is something that can be done, without restrictions aslong said report is valid and has evidence to carry a punishment

By choosing public you automatically accept to play and you accept to play with other playing players.

Edited by KIREEK