Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficult to switch from Archgun Heavy weapon to anything else

sam686

There is a few problems that limits the ability to switch from heavy weapon to anything else.

1. While using Heavy weapon, "Switch Weapon" button does nothing. I want to easily switch from heavy weapon to regular weapon by a press of a switch weapon button. Might be better to hold down switch weapon button for a short time (maybe 0.2 seconds) to reduce accidental switch weapon.

2. While using Heavy Weapon, open gear wheel and select synthesis scanner, fishing spear, or Sunpoint Plasma Drill. Nothing happens, stuck on using Heavy weapon. Do I have to open gear wheel, select Archgun Deployer to put it away, and open gear wheel again? This is annoying for players that use game controller that might not have an option to use keyboard with Gear hotkey in customize key binding.

3. Excalibur exalted blade "Ability Use Prevented"... why? Just allow this ability put away the Archgun heavy weapon, and when Exalted blade turns off, switch to regular primary weapon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sam686 said:

3. Excalibur exalted blade "Ability Use Prevented"... why? Just allow this ability put away the Archgun heavy weapon, and when Exalted blade turns off, switch to regular primary weapon.

This may be the case with all channeled ultimates. Nyx can't use Absorb too.

They did it so more people want Redeemer Prime.

"Is swapping weapons too much of a hassle? Did your ammo run out and your companion died? Do regular bullets just not cut if for you? Well... there is a solution! With its revolutionary bladed barrel containing a 10 round loaded chamber, your enemies lifespans will be shorter than the time between a hotfix and new bug! Just take a short second to admire the beauty of this gorgeous creation before obliterating the health-bars of those sad (gunblade-less) targets, you'll be doing them a favor! But... how do you too become a wielder of such a divine object you ask? It's simple really! Just melt down all your other prime items (you won't be needing them anyway!) into platinum and send it my way, it's that easy! And soon, you too will be a proud owner of the Redeemer Prime™!"

34 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

This may be the case with all channeled ultimates. Nyx can't use Absorb too.

So does with mesa.

38 minutes ago, sam686 said:

While using Heavy weapon, "Switch Weapon" button does nothing. I want to easily switch from heavy weapon to regular weapon by a press of a switch weapon button. Might be better to hold down switch weapon button for a short time (maybe 0.2 seconds) to reduce accidental switch weapon.

good idea! Arch gun switching really needs some quality of life improvement.

39 minutes ago, sam686 said:

While using Heavy Weapon, open gear wheel and select synthesis scanner, fishing spear, or Sunpoint Plasma Drill. Nothing happens, stuck on using Heavy weapon. Do I have to open gear wheel, select Archgun Deployer to put it away, and open gear wheel again? This is annoying for players that use game controller that might not have an option to use keyboard with Gear hotkey in customize key binding. 

I think you have to select archgun deployer again to put it away. It's kinda wonky in my experience. Sometimes, using the gear wheel to put it away works, but sometimes it doesnt and you can just switch to other weapon using the default button.

5 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Controllers have a limited number of buttons. Having alternative swap methods would help alleviate this issue.

They could also rearrange their gear wheel if they use it that much. Set it to the first position so they don't have to scroll through the wheel and they can quickly use it. 

It's not that quick and readily available to be used frequently. There would be a lot more people complaining that they had to wait 5m because they accidently switched to another weapon. 

Why not explore and test current options before suggesting a change?

4 minutes ago, m0b1us1 said:

It's not that quick and readily available to be used frequently. There would be a lot more people complaining that they had to wait 5m because they accidently switched to another weapon.

"A lot more" is pure speculation. But, to help reduce the number of potential complaints:

8 hours ago, sam686 said:

Might be better to hold down switch weapon button for a short time (maybe 0.2 seconds) to reduce accidental switch weapon.

13 minutes ago, m0b1us1 said:

They could also rearrange their gear wheel if they use it that much. Set it to the first position so they don't have to scroll through the wheel and they can quickly use it. 

[snip]

Why not explore and test current options before suggesting a change?

The issue isn't so much about pulling the Archgun out to use, but rather the current mechanics of putting it away to use something else.

Obligatory "you don't know me" comment for that last bit. Cliche, but still applicable.

• Like 1

More problem: While using Archgun heavy weapon, cannot put away while in air. "item cannot be used". Stuck on Archgun heavy weapon while jumping in air or when pushed by enemy making my Warframe character go into air. I am trying to put away Archgun heavy weapon and go back to regular weapon.

I manage to be able to use Steam's controller support to map a game controller into a keyboard button for gear hotkey, but this "item cannot be used" won't put away Archgun heavy weapon is very annoying.

41 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

"A lot more" is pure speculation. But, to help reduce the number of potential complaints:

The issue isn't so much about pulling the Archgun out to use, but rather the current mechanics of putting it away to use something else.

Obligatory "you don't know me" comment for that last bit. Cliche, but still applicable.

After you play this game enough that becomes a lot more than speculation. So make the put away the same as a melee weapon. 

Putting it away is the same as equipping it. Also you can forcibly put it away if you go into archwing which is a bit ironic. If equipping it isn't a problem, neither is putting it away.

41 minutes ago, sam686 said:

More problem: While using Archgun heavy weapon, cannot put away while in air. "item cannot be used". Stuck on Archgun heavy weapon while jumping in air or when pushed by enemy making my Warframe character go into air. I am trying to put away Archgun heavy weapon and go back to regular weapon.

I manage to be able to use Steam's controller support to map a game controller into a keyboard button for gear hotkey, but this "item cannot be used" won't put away Archgun heavy weapon is very annoying.

That's a game mechanic. Lots of abilities are also unable to be used in the air. 

Get away or clear away the enemies. I never had a problem with it and I'm under the orb the vast majority of the time.