Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Warframe For Shotguns

BeenProSinceDay1

Ash for his smoke bomb to stun them(if they're close) while invisible, then you bring out the shotgun kills from behind or up close.

Loki is also useful for invis but he takes 50 energy for a simple invis, nonetheless you can use his decoy to lure the enemies somewhere then you kill them on their blind spots.

Rhino is one for the best, using his iron skin can let you charge in without taking damage while you shoot them ahead.

Frost is (edit) the last in my suggestion, but least for letting enemies into his snow globe and kill them at that point.

Edited by War_Dancer

personally, I'd say Rhino, Loki, Ash, Ember, the kind of frames that either WANT to fight up close or can be close to enemies with little risk to themselves.

Have you been in a coma? Damage reduction for overheat has been nerfed. She gets owned at bout lv50 if she tries to face tank...

Loki can run around quickly, completely invisible to enemies, and shoot them down with a shotgun.

Loki can make enemies focus all of their attention onto a completely separate object, then get nice and close and shoot them down with a shotgun.

Loki can replace enemy weapons with glowing batons, so they try and get nice and close so he can shoot them down with a shotgun.

Who takes damage nowadays.

Edited by SortaRandom

I like using Rhino with shottys because Rhino's Iron Skin definitely helps you get up close and personal with enemies and Roar buffs the hell out of your shotty dmg.

In addition, Rhino has more of that "in your face" approach. Rhink can Stun for 9 seconds with stomp, leaving enemies sitting ducks for your shotgun.

NOW GIVE ME A POUND.

Saryn is the best Warframe fit for SGs. IMO

Cast Venom and a single Shot will scatter amongst all AI within a Mob (Prolly a Whole Room if it gets too crowded)

If you can successfully burst a Spore. You Only Need a Single Magazine to annihilate the hostiles. 

(Repeat until all of them are Dead. Takes time but effective)

~True Story

Edited by yeomanry

Whatever warframe you think it synergizes best with?

I really don't understand this notion of optimal weapons for specific warframes; just use what works for you.

For the sake of my platinum and time consumption I just want to find out the general opinion on what warframe works great with shotguns, as you can read above these are some great ideas, shotgn looks very optimal with ash if you ask me and rhino as well, you cant ignore that fact.

Mag might be the better one with a shotgun.  Bullet Attractor makes sure all of your pellets hit the target without needing to get super close and it now has a X2 damage multiplier to it.  Depending on the future of Pull if they bring it back to the previous one you can yank all the enemies to you, use Shield Polarize to strip their shields and unload into a helpless group point blank.

Saryn. Because Venom works best with a shotgun. Just dont expect a miracle. Also at low levels Moult can be useful to distract enemies while you mow them down up close. 

Rhino is probably a solid choice too. Only more boring.

As for Ash I specifically recall taking chances with Teleport only to fall flat on my &#!. Shotgun or no, you can quickly be overwhelmed by enemies when using it. Be wary. Smoke Screen is nice due the stunning part of the skill.