Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Runs...how I See It Fixed

Fiia

I like the Void, but I rarely find myself ever running missions there.

The main reason; it is so time consuming (i.e. hassle) to get a party together play a mission, and then have that party broken apart. Then having to restart from scratch for the next run, rinse repeat.

I would like see a few things change in how the joins work in the void.

1. Make the void part of the solar system. Each planet would be a tier key level and mission type for that tier key.

This means you still need keys (this seems DE preferred way to access the void).

2. Make the join like any other planet. Once a person with an appropriate keys joins others can simply hop into the game. Then the typical countdown starts.

3. After mission end the squad remains in tact if another person has a key and the "ready check" is ticked off.

If not the squad disbands just like any other mission, and a person with another key can start another mission if desired.

I see this as an easy way to get into void runs without all the clan talk, or general chat area. This would allow for easy public groups (which I normally play) to join together.

I honestly think DE should spend time on getting these things working well before they throw out more flash to the community (yep, I put scarfs/weapons in that group).

Edited by Fiia

I think the biggest problem with void is the way the network code fights against you when making a team - it's always get 2 guys in, last guy has to relog, join friends list and sacrifice a small goat to get into the party.

It sometimes works 1st time, mostly, not so much.

Also, the RNG system means you end up with dozens of wasted pieces of 1 weapon sat in your bank while hunting that elusive 15% drop chance item for a few hundred void runs, while the guy 10 mins into the clan finds himself polishing all the weapons and wondering why the lvl 11 guys are *@##$ing so much.

I think the biggest problem with void is the way the network code fights against you when making a team - it's always get 2 guys in, last guy has to relog, join friends list and sacrifice a small goat to get into the party.

It sometimes works 1st time, mostly, not so much.

Also, the RNG system means you end up with dozens of wasted pieces of 1 weapon sat in your bank while hunting that elusive 15% drop chance item for a few hundred void runs, while the guy 10 mins into the clan finds himself polishing all the weapons and wondering why the lvl 11 guys are *@##$ing so much.

No question it is a problem. This is a good reason for DE to allocate resources to fix void runs so they simply work.

You are also missing the biggest problem with void runs. They are BOOOOOORING. Huge, massive rooms populated with 5 mobs!

Exterminate Void Missions...fool me once...

Really? I find farming void keys to be the boring part, and then actually using them being brilliant fun.

Especially with the secret rooms.

Yeah, they hardly give anything, but WHO CARES, SECRETS.

The void system is terrible and getting worse at this point. If it was me I would've done it like this

1)Keys can be bought with credits and platinum(The whole grind to grind thing makes it a chore)

2)Add in a void item shop, here you can buy weapon peices, forma, warframe parts, and everything else obtainable in the void.

3)Void item shop does not use credits or platinum as currency, instead you need void remnants which each item will have different types needed, ex:paris prime requires 20 red remnants and latron prime requires 20 blue remnants.

4)Each void run at the end will give you the amount of exp it currently gives, void remnants(each type of key gives it's own form of remnant ex:mobile defense will give red remnants and defense will give blue while tier 1 will give 3 per mission and tier 3 will give 15). BUT it will not be giving you the insane amount of credits it currently does, this was what killed the credit system in the first place.

This system isn't perfect but it'll get rid of the RNG, the endless grinding, the hyper-inflation, and it'll keep the void fun. 

Well there is the Recruitment channel where people are looking for random players to join their Void runs quite frequently. I have collected almost all my Void stuff throught that method. And whenever I want to do a T2 Raid or Exterminate to farm Forma I just get one of my keys and ask there.

But yeah, a proper Void key matchmaking system would be preferable.

So when you press the key windwo you are asked if you want to host or if you are looking for a host and then you are put into a matchmaking queue and wait for players to host a void mission that you are looking for.

As a side note: we will get the abandoned Orokin locations with U10. So that will be make me do more "Void" missions :)

Well there is the Recruitment channel where people are looking for random players to join their Void runs quite frequently.

Thank you. I have not done a void run in so long, so let me ask a question. Do oyu still have to add a person to your friend's list in order to invite them to a game?

If so, it is such a hassle to add more and more players that you will likely never play with again.

Thank you. I have not done a void run in so long, so let me ask a question. Do oyu still have to add a person to your friend's list in order to invite them to a game?

If so, it is such a hassle to add more and more players that you will likely never play with again.

I used to have connection problems where adding people to my friends list solved it but not anymore. It seems like it got fixed but that may be a result of my router reconfigurations :)

I would suggest to try it out. Stalk the recruitment channel a little and /w anyone who is hosting. If there happens to be a player you can't join, try joining another one. My connection issues always were exclusive to only a few players.

Nope, /inv should work.

Yeah, I love the void and all but the system is so clunky that it putts me off. I actually don't have any of the Prime weapons, only the Frost Prime because i'm tired of forming a new squad every single time and/or yell and wait for new people to join to my game which can be extremely time consuming. More time is spent waiting than in the Void itself. I want to play the game, not to watch the lobby screen.

One thing i want to point out is I lost one of the interest of running void mission...

Usually I am going after those mod (such as Flow and Focus) but with the U9.8. I no longer need to farm them as they are now able to equip on different frames. (I am kinda lazy to remove and equip the same mod to different frame.)

Now, I will need to farm a few weapon parts but however I think I will save them until U10 deploy so I can have a greater chance to get those new prime weapon and frame.

------------------------------------

And here is my suggestion a month ago, regarding the void mission lobby.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94035-keep-player-on-the-same-lobby-after-void-mission/

I am sure this subject has been bring up a lot of time now but just want to bring up this suggestion again.

Keep every player in the same game lobby until the player decide to go or the host is gone. (Just like doing normal map/alert mission)

I am tired of keep sending invite to the same player after void mission...

and also can i suggest that player can use/change their void key during the game lobby?

donno about having the void show up on the solar system, supposed to be in their own pocket dimensions

It would be easy enough to make a little warp image set apart from the solar system. Once clicked it would open up to its own planets, and work much the same as ant other system at that point.