The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban: the new Nyx

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

If I recall correctly the large amount of Ember threads are what got her looked at and the devs mentioned that very fact in one of there streams. If people dont continue to talk about certain issues devs wont do anything. Squeaky wheel gets the grease comes to mind. DE ignoring Vauban at this point is odd though. When asked during a stream about any changes he would receive when his elite skin was about to drop, Rebecca (and Steve I think) said something along the lines of "there are no immediate changes in the pipeline" or something along those lines. Then i think the next dev stream we got showed the AWFUL change to Tesla for the first time, which in my mind means even though his elite was right there, they really didn't have anything planned at all. 😞 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zen625 said:

If I recall correctly the large amount of Ember threads are what got her looked at and the devs mentioned that very fact in one of there streams. If people dont continue to talk about certain issues devs wont do anything. Squeaky wheel gets the grease comes to mind. DE ignoring Vauban at this point is odd though. When asked during a stream about any changes he would receive when his elite skin was about to drop, Rebecca (and Steve I think) said something along the lines of "there are no immediate changes in the pipeline" or something along those lines. Then i think the next dev stream we got showed the AWFUL change to Tesla for the first time, which in my mind means even though his elite was right there, they really didn't have anything planned at all. 😞 

I’m pretty sure they’ve talked about giving him a much more fleshed out rework after the backlash of what they did for his Deluxe Skin release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m pretty sure they’ve talked about giving him a much more fleshed out rework after the backlash of what they did for his Deluxe Skin release.

I think they did too.

I can understand people putting out rework ideas and keeping up on topics saying he needs a rework here's my two cents and multiple people either come together to make some thing, criticize, ETC. That's fine a dandy it shows the devs "Hey we want this" so they might up it on their priorities.

It might sound selfish.. but how did we get an oberon, ember, titania, nyx, atlas rework? Whelp.. this onethough.. idk this seems more like a stink eye reminder topic lol. Like hey don't you forget! 

• Like 1

Im trying to nail down when they mentioned a "fuller rework" though they never gave him one to begin with. Not trying to be combative but doubling Tesla energy cost to increase the proc chance after a charge time is simply a numbers tweak behind a slow charge mechanic (Vauban's dont have the mod space to use Natural Talent lets be serious here). Im 99 percent sure though that the talk about an actual rework stems from the time all of the DE partners on YouTube put out vids calling into question how bad the "rework" was, so about 4 months ago? Though this just strengthens the point that when ppl make a fuss about stuff DE sometimes pays attention. Were all on the same page here I think too we just want to see something done. 

Can you post the stream/tweet/thread plz? Im curious to see exactly what they said and when. (Still not seeing anything about a full rework mentioned anywhere on these forums or tweets for example and im going back to about august). And I agree on nyx Kgabor, sometimes she feels fresh when you got a high lvl corpus crewman under mind control but it was mostly just feels like QoL changes. Also Titania.....that weird bouncing floating thing going on with lantern now....cant say I like it much....

Edited by zen625
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zen625 said:

Can you post the stream/tweet/thread plz? Im curious to see exactly what they said and when. (Still not seeing anything about a full rework mentioned anywhere on these forums or reddit for example). And I agree on nyx Kgabor sometimes she feels fresh when you got a high lvl corpus crewman under mind control but it was mostly just QoL changes. Also Titania.....that weird bouncing floating thing going on with lantern now....cant say I like it much....

im trying to find it too. because i know they said they were giving vauban some minor changes with more down the road when they also show cased his deluxe skin.

• Like 2

Yeah there was the first dev stream I believe where they showed off Vauban's deluxe skin (and they mentioned after being asked in chat) that they didnt have any changes in the works. Later in another dev stream (# 114 Aug 3, 2018) they again showed off Vauban with his deluxe skin and some melee 3.0 while using War.....and the "new" Tesla charge mechanic.  I just cant seem to find this "confirmed" full rework anywhere. I mean it MAY exist and id be happy to be wrong about it but im not seeing it. If we Do find it though we can compare the time it takes for extreme reworks and small reworks (looking at Nyx,Titania) and might be able to take a guess at when something for Vauban shows up. 

Just now, zen625 said:

Yeah there was the first dev stream I believe where they showed off Vauban's deluxe skin (and they mentioned after being asked in chat) that they didnt have any changes in the works. Later in another dev stream (# 114 Aug 3, 2018) they again showed off Vauban with his deluxe skin and some melee 3.0 while using War.....and the "new" Tesla charge mechanic.  I just cant seem to find this "confirmed" full rework anywhere. I mean it MAY exist and id be happy to be wrong about it but im not seeing it. If we Do find it though we can compare the time it takes for extreme reworks and small reworks (looking at Nyx,Titania) and might be able to take a guess at when something for Vauban shows up. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/295254203

hopefully this link works. its prime time #215 i think i looked right. around 12:00-15:00 (i shouldve looked better sorry) its between that time span. i thought they did say some thing on the lines of rework or changes but what i got was. they changed his stuff with giving him a deluxe skin and that it was NOT a rework just some minor changes and that there is still more in the future that they could do. but theyre main focus was like nyx titania i think was said. so no i dont think they forgot about him. what was changed was because of his skin coming out too. they are just busy and since titania and nyx are reworked and players are giving feed back i could probably see nyx and titania tweaked further upon feedback. but probably after the rework announcement for wukong and deluxe we may see some thing on vauban cause thats another frame asking for a rework.

• Like 1

Yeah just watched the segment you mentioned...but it boils down to literally this wasn't a rework "so it doesn't preclude a rework in the future" (Rebecca's exact words). Im going to watch a bit more before and after the area you mentioned to see if Megan mentions one is confirmed or Rebecca but I think thats it. It might be enough for some people to say that its a confirmation but im not hearing it. In fact the whole "human bandwidth" she mentions makes it sound like their was alot of other stuff going on instead (this is pre fortuna obviously). It does give me a little hope though so ty for that.

-Further in Rebecca makes mention of a turret and talks about her "charged Bastile". Im not sure if she was making a mistake when referencing her Repelling Bastille or if that was a slip up that may be something we see in a new rework?

Edited by zen625
New Info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zen625 said:

Yeah just watched the segment you mentioned...but it boils down to literally this wasn't a rework "so it doesn't preclude a rework in the future" (Rebecca's exact words). Im going to watch a bit more before and after the area you mentioned to see if Megan mentions one is confirmed or Rebecca but I think thats it. It might be enough for some people to say that its a confirmation but im not hearing it. In fact the whole "human bandwidth" she mentions makes it sound like their was alot of other stuff going on instead (this is pre fortuna obviously). It does give me a little hope though so ty for that. 😁

Yeah. ive got some hope too. ive got like 9 forma into my vauban <.< baruuk sweeped me off my feet until i see some rework coming. but this is good though. because it wasent a rework. that means with all the time threads and requests and with fortuna getting its updates. they've got railjack and wukong and melee 3.0. so we might see vauban on the list if people keep requesting enough.

• Like 1

Yeah hopefully the continued talk helps push them along. I know people get a little annoyed about our constant pushing.....but when you go in to a level 4 alert on Inaros and wreck everything....but get wrecked by a corpus moa throwing a ton of bounce grenades on you while Vauban... I mean at this point the remark I saw on a different thread joking that Vauban is actually a regular corpus guy who got hijacked into fighting for the tenno seems kinda spot on. 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zen625 said:

Yeah hopefully the continued talk helps push them along. I know people get a little annoyed about our constant pushing.....but when you go in to a level 4 alert on Inaros and wreck everything....but get wrecked by a corpus moa throwing a ton of bounce grenades on you while Vauban... I mean at this point the remark I saw on a different thread joking that Vauban is actually a regular corpus guy who got hijacked into fighting for the tenno seems kinda spot on. 😂

Yeah haha! the new mao's in fortuna have his reworked bounce grenades. so hes pretty much that description he just got some new toys for working the tenno. XD

Its being killed by said moa and grenades that drove me to the forums to start posting about reworks myself. The moa somehow stuck me with them so they rapidly went off and pushed me off the floor into a corner where they shot me down after a while. I was just flabbergasted stuck in the corner unable to fall down or roll/dodge away. I kinda yelled at the screen "WAIT!??!?! WHY CANT VAUBAN DO THAT?!!!?"....I just realized I got air juggled. 🤣

Edited by zen625

11 hours ago, zen625 said:

Very very true. When it feels like corpus on fortuna have better bounce grenades then you do.....things gotta change.

To be fair Vauban is old war tech. The Corpus are much more modern & their grenades are reverse engineered from Sentients & Void Tower tech...

Ole Vauban is just...out of date....

Atleast Nyx's old throne didn't get a chance to get cold.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

To be fair Vauban is old war tech. The Corpus are much more modern & their grenades are reverse engineered from Sentients & Void Tower tech...

Ole Vauban is just...out of date....

Atleast Nyx's old throne didn't get a chance to get cold.

I don't think Vauban ever quite recovered from the Bastille nerf he got way back in the day.

Lol Nyx and Loki were squirming trying to push each other off that throne for years.

49 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Lol Nyx and Loki were squirming trying to push each other off that throne for years.

And as soon as Loki got the throne (LOL I keep seeing the Marvel Loki as I write this) he was knocked off it by Vauban.

Poor Loki...

Well atleast he's still the King of Steal...*see Ivara pop out of thin air with arms crossed*...well....uh...he's got....a rabid fanbase...

• Like 1