Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Other Life Forms Should The Tenno Be Fighting?

Aspari

Other than the presence of Space Whales (because they're f***ing awesome), what other life forms should the Tenno be fighting?

I thought up of something a while ago coming from Chinese mythology. They're a wraith/vampiric ghost being called the Jiang Shi. In Warframe, a Jiang Shi would be somewhat of a Disruptor, but they're purely energy based and like to feed off the energy inside of Orokin technology. The only way a Tenno could beat a Jiang Shi in combat is to overload it with energy or run away from it. (It'd probably be like a Stalker encounter.)

When i first started playing Warframe I entered one of the the infested levels for the first time. On the floor there were these tentacle things swaying in the breeze with yellow & red particles flying around. I tried my best not to get hit by the swarm of particles and not to step on the tentacles on the floors and walls... Then i discovered they were only decoration :( Bummed out..

So I'd like to see these creatures make a comeback form the original half life

4x7v.png

They only appear from the ground or walls when someone (including enemy) steps on the swaying tentacles. They would rise out of the floor or walls of the ship and smash the crap out of who set them off.

Remember the "Chig" ? I imagine something looking like them.

Chig_Soldier.JPG

Lore: An Alien Race that has no contact to the other races (Grinneer/Corpus) and just newly started to invade the Tenno-know universe with the sole purpose to conquer every planet and purge it of all life to gain their technology and ressources for their own developement.

They got their hands on Orokin Warframe technology but instead of reverse-engineering and using Warframes themselfes they enhanced their Combat Armor and Weapons with it and therefor look to a low percentage a little like a Warframe in their Armor.

They would be capable of fighting with a Hive-Mind like intelligence so every soldier is connected to another, gaining in strength and tactical finesse when many of them are close together and are even further enhanced when so called Overlords are present (which should be huge, sturdy Elite versions of them).

They are capable of adapting to the Enemies way of fighting within a short time through their Hive-Mind which means if you use only your gun their shields and Armor hardens against ranged fire but they will be weaker if you use melee all of a sudden and they have to adapt anew which will take a short time again so switching between different combat arts is the key to defeat them.

They basically all look the same because and no soldier has any personality because they are evolved for fight and conquest only. Exception being a small percentage of them that evolved to work as Hive-Beacons located on vast Leviathan Ships, broadcasting the basic mindset and plans throughout the Armies. They don't talk or scream, their way of communicating is only through low humming and clicking sounds which gives them a creepy, emotionless feel.

Something like this.. just a little bit of my brain.. storming.

Edited by Namacyst

Remember the "Chig" ? I imagine something looking like them.

Chig_Soldier.JPG

Lore: An Alien Race that has no contact to the other races (Grinneer/Corpus) and just newly started to invade the Tenno-know universe with the sole purpose to conquer every planet and purge it of all life to gain their technology and ressources for their own developement.

They got their hands on Orokin Warframe technology but instead of reverse-engineering and using Warframes themselfes they enhanced their Combat Armor and Weapons with it and therefor look to a low percentage a little like a Warframe in their Armor.

They would be capable of fighting with a Hive-Mind like intelligence so every soldier is connected to another, gaining in strength and tactical finesse when many of them are close together and are even further enhanced when so called Overlords are present (which should be huge, sturdy Elite versions of them).

They are capable of adapting to the Enemies way of fighting within a short time through their Hive-Mind which means if you use only your gun their shields and Armor hardens against ranged fire but they will be weaker if you use melee all of a sudden and they have to adapt anew which will take a short time again so switching between different combat arts is the key to defeat them.

They basically all look the same because and no soldier has any personality because they are evolved for fight and conquest only. Exception being a small percentage of them that evolved to work as Hive-Beacons located on vast Leviathan Ships, broadcasting the basic mindset and plans throughout the Armies. They don't talk or scream, their way of communicating is only through low humming and clicking sounds which gives them a creepy, emotionless feel.

Something like this.. just a little bit of my brain.. storming.

Ok, this is pretty awesome :D

Alligator men. Ten foot tall Alligator men. Wearing Warframes.

You are now imagining being chased around a Survival map by a pack of &!$$ed off, super powered Alligator men brandishing large Scimitars.

Motherfuckin' Lizardfolk ruining all my DnD campaigns!!!

Lizardfolk.jpg

Just add neon!