Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Prime coloring path suggested change

Roble_Viejo

So I've just got my hands on the Redeemer Prime, went to color it and got instantly disappointed. 

Normal textures are glossy and the worse: Metallics are divided in 2 different channels and BOTH are linked to normal textures. Resulting in plain yellow textures if you try to go for a golden look for the metallics. 

Below there is an image detailing this issue: 

- Same number correspond to the same channel 

- A are Metallics

- B are Normal Textures

aYEUihM.jpg

As you can see you color 1A Golden and turns 1B Yellow, same happens with 2A and 2B 

Fortunately this can be easily fixed, Make it so color channels are A and B respectively:

- 1A and 2A on Tertiary channel 

- 1B and 2B on Accents channel 

Done. That's all I wanted to say. 

If you agree with this suggestion upvote so this gain traction and reaches DE attention. 

Thank you for your time Tenno! Have a nice day 😄

I honestly think there are too many issues to fix to even try changing the coloring of the newest Prime melee which is absolutely fine.

DE has only 4 tint channels to work with and clearly there's items that need 5 or 6 (counting some older Primes as well).

You can see from the concept what the first intention was:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ybD84Q

And it makes for a very dull weapon, in all honesty.

Besides, what a terrible message we're sending people who buy stuff if they're happy with something and we keep changing the items. I've had it happen a couple times already with Deluxe skins, and I ended up deciding to not buy anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-01-07 at 4:13 PM, NightmareT12 said:

I honestly think there are too many issues to fix to even try changing the coloring of the newest Prime melee which is absolutely fine.

I think DE can spare the one work-hour for one employee to fix the color channels to fall in line with every other prime to come out prior to this release.

DE has only 4 tint channels to work with and clearly there's items that need 5 or 6 (counting some older Primes as well).

I disagree. I believe the original poster's solution to be quite effective.

Besides, what a terrible message we're sending people who buy stuff if they're happy with something and we keep changing the items. I've had it happen a couple times already with Deluxe skins, and I ended up deciding to not buy anymore.

I would argue that many players having bought this Prime Access have been sorely disappointed that their new primed items don't have the same color aspects that they have come to expect from primed items.