Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk's got a lot of energy for an unprimed melee frame

HC217

I don't really understand it either. His 1's a drain ability, but drains very little Energy, both his 2 and his 3 are casts that are meant to last fairly long if you're building to use them, and his 4 doesn't cost Energy at all. There's no particular reason for him to be intended to rely on QT either, considering all the different sources of innate damage reduction he has in his kit. While I think Baruuk is lacking in certain respects and could use some QoL and power improvements, his Energy pool makes no sense, particularly since he has literally the biggest pool out of any frame, primed or unprimed, in spite of his builds often involving very little casting at all. I'd halve his base Energy to 100, and instead focus on making him better where he needs to be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-14 at 12:50 PM, Misgenesis said:

Baruuk is clearly a caster, i dont get the complaints about his kit, much less this thread.

Youll be casting 2 and 3 constantly to erode restraint while using Serene Storm. Hes not the only caster with tanking.

wanna name another non-prime caster or bruiser with as large an energy pool as him? it's exactly the point i'm making, if baruuk can have a large energy pool why can't our melee bruisers/casters?

1 hour ago, HC217 said:

wanna name another non-prime caster or bruiser with as large an energy pool as him? it's exactly the point i'm making, if baruuk can have a large energy pool why can't our melee bruisers/casters?

Baruuk has a large energy pool because he is intended to be used with quick thinking, which is heavily implied with his base 75 health, he is meant to be a caster frame (in theory at least) and he also has a monk theme, and monks are known for their ki, which all that combined DE translated to base 200 energy. Most of the other caster frames have base 150, with Ivara having base 175. Baruuk having the highest non prime energy pool isn't unreasonable.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Stop reviving this thread, let it die. Since the discussion is clearly nitpicking. Don't like it? Ignore it. Continue your life.

Image result for the dude gif opinion

6 hours ago, torint_man said:

Baruuk has a large energy pool because he is intended to be used with quick thinking, which is heavily implied with his base 75 health, he is meant to be a caster frame (in theory at least) and he also has a monk theme, and monks are known for their ki, which all that combined DE translated to base 200 energy. Most of the other caster frames have base 150, with Ivara having base 175. Baruuk having the highest non prime energy pool isn't unreasonable.

been playing a good bit of baruuk at reasonably high level. tried with and without QT. never even noticed QT unless i dove into a nullie bubble with a heavy, never needed energy. but like i keep saying, the point's less about nerf baruuk and more buff other bruisers/casters to be able to spam like him. oh, and following your logic, nezha and wukong are literal mortals turned gods, enlightened beings. so why can't they have 300 energy too? i find myself repeating this again and again, but there it is

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Typical case of "me want what someone else has wäääh wäääh" .. 

are you suggesting those frames having 300 energy would be a problem? or are you just going for ad hominim because you have no other response? cmon man, at least be willing to accept some players want other frames buffed rather than your frame nerfed.

Lmao you guys are funny. I use Wukong and i use Zenurik so who cares if i have a high energy pool i got my jesus ability. Also Baruuk is a caster/melee frame and needs a super high energy pool to keep up his 1,2,3 to use the awesome 4 ability. So who cares he has the glow hes The Last Dragon get over it. Stop acting like Shonuff and act more like Leroy. 

Edited by (PS4)allfatherthor77