Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "feel" of this game?

IllogicalLogic420

When I first started playing, I had a general feel for the games atmosphere. Though, over time, that slowly faded, as the game started to seem more and more like "Farm Frame" to me, taking huge breaks in between quests to do.....well, any number of thing's.

The cinematics and story and are very enjoyable, for me anyway, but it seems like that doesn't carry over into long-term gameplay, for me.

Do I simply need to erase that farm/grind mentality and go back to my original mindset? Or is the transition between story/quest, and long-term gameplay, not transition/mesh that well?

Either way, damn DE! Have to say, the cinematic quests definitely invoked some feels 😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Do I simply need to erase that farm/grind mentality and go back to my original mindset? Or is the transition between story/quest, and long-term gameplay, not transition/mesh that well?

The latter. Warframe started out as a grindy game first, and only started adding in deeper narrative experiences later on. I would perhaps not expect all of long-term gameplay to be one big cinematic quest, but there is definitely a lot the game could do to become less grindy, or at least grindy in less frustrating ways. 

Hey man, if the grind bothers you it is probably not gonna get better. I got touched by the grind myself with this game and hit the wall, it took 1.5 years though and 1400 active  hours later though but eventually you just get fed up with it. I'm personally really tired of Forma, just try to build a second dojo and you will know what I mean.

Anyway, yea I agree I loved the quests and mission progress on the planets which I finished pretty quick though so in the end when you finished that the only real endgame you are gonna find is to rank weapons and warframes. I am giving my feedback though at what can improve with the game and it seems news from the latest devstream are gonna add a few interesting things but the grind is not gonna get less unfortunately.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Feedback? I fear I may have stumbled into the wrong forum section. Forgive me please.

edit: I did, in fact, post in the wrong section, I apologize.

Don't worry keep it coming. The mods will move the thread if they think it is the wrong section. I would say any feedback is better than no feedback. 🙂

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

I think it completely depends on what you focus on doing in the game. Some poeple really just see the farming, which is a bit sad tbh, and I completely understand how that becomes tiresome.

I suggest you make small goals to achieve. Give the farming a purpose rather than just farming for the sake of farming. The time between the epic main quests should be used to evolve your character, your tenno, and build up or specialize your arsenal. Think of it as filler episodes. Don't rush through things too quickly, because that may just make you forget why you're doing what you're doing. 

Another thing I can recommend is to experiment and learn how to use your tenno along with your warframe. There are so many possibilities here that many people just ignore. Work through the focus-tree bit by bit and get useful arcanes to make them tougher and expanded on abilities. This is quite long-term, but feels very rewarding imo. 

Also, get working on a personal dojo! Make your own base of operations, a place to research, or just for chilling. It will cost you a bunch of forma to begin with, but is not that expensive to work with after you got the basics done.Check youtube for tutorials. 

I feel you, IllogicalLogic420, the grind does get silly in some respects, but there is a reason for it which I’m sure you’ve already discovered. It is there to keep players in game and participating in the long run. 

As a self proclaimed free-to-play game that includes grinding in it’s core mechanics, Warframe is decidedly not a free game. It relies on player retention and time in game as substitution for actual currency. 

The game is meant to take time, but I can only offer the same suggestions as everyone else here; take your time and enjoy the game as you will be paid back for your time by meeting some of the best people any gaming community has to offer! I would stress that Warframe is more about the players and our relationships through a video game that anything else! At the end of the day, I’ll gladly invest my time in friendships than any kind of material or virtual gain to be had! 

Are the main story/cinematic quests replayable? If so, that could severely remedy this issue for me, but not entirely. I could see myself replaying the quests a few times at least. I haven't completed the main story yet, so I'm not sure what is replayable and what isn't.

Great replies though everyone, really made me consider some thing's and I'm glad I'm not alone feeling like this 😛

I will take the advice everyone gave and make it work!