The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My take on how Nyx's rework could be further enhanced

Bloop

MY VIEW
As things stand, Nyx's current tweaks, in my opinion of course, are just like Vauban's: While she was given something, it just does not feel enough, to the point where I question myself if these tweaks are actually worth investing into, because overall they feel mediocre. Personally I have not changed my build for her at all, it's still the same exact build as it was before tweaks (classic max range, some duration, efficiency and assimilate), and I'll list the reasoning why:

• Mind Control: The addition was definitely nice, it does not rely on strength so that is a positive if you build her for her "classic" setup.
  • Psychic Bolts: Here's when things get a little disappointing in my opinion. While the debuff is absolutely nice, it is capped to only 6 Bolts, unaffected by strength and you cannot recast the ability without having to charge it. Charge mechanics for themselves are really slow for a game like warframe, and the ability's cap really makes you wonder.
Spoiler

Why would I bother with this ability? It's capped and I could use things like Corrosive Projection instead. What's the point of capping a debuffer that is not exactly strong, it's just resistances removal!

• Chaos: While I am not sure if this change was intended, it's nice that now Chaos stuns enemies on recast, really adds a small, nice layer of hard CC for a brief moment, after which the soft CC of Chaos begins. No complaints for this ability, as usual.
  • Absorb: It's a nice tanking ability, that's for sure, but it has two major issues. Firstly, at relevant levels where you would mostly rely on this as your survivability (alongside parkour, of course), enemies chew through your energy pool because of their scaled damage, and because for some reason it's still set so it drains per damage absorbed. There's also the fact that the damage buff lasts for too little at base and on top of it, is additive damage instead of being multiplicative, which for the damage amounts it requires to be somewhat "relevant", is overall really bad for her kit.

MY SUGGESTION

• Mind Control: The ability should remain as is, but I would tweak it with one simple addition.
    • Our mind controlled unit absorbs all the damage it receives and takes it all when the ability runs out or is deactivated, based on this I have a suggestion to make the ability overall better, even give Nyx some form of actual damage: Make the unit explode in a 15 meter radius if the damage it absorbed is high enough to kill it upon deactivation, releasing all that damage in aoe if such a thing happened.
  • Psychic Bolts: Remove the target cap, at least for the ability itself. While I can understand a cap for this ability if one uses its augment, which is somewhat strong if spammed, this ability innately has no point in needing a cap. There's nothing powerful in removing enemy armor, we do that on a daily basis by stacking auras or using high proc rate, corrosive weapons, it just makes the ability pointless as a debuffer, which is ironic.
  • Chaos: I do not think there's much room for improvement on this ability, it's great as is. I have a small suggestion however: Make enemies affected by Chaos take double the damage.
  • Absorb: Remove the drain per damage, or at least make the damage buff be multiplicative and last for at least 16 seconds. I also have this small idea which could make things interesting: Enemies affected by absorb's knockdown radius will be mind controlled for a quarter of the Mind Control duration (with a total cap of 5 enemies) and will have the same interaction was the regular enemy. In order to detonate these enemies, charge 1 or wait for the duration to run out.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

IIRC chaos seems like it stuns now because you can only have one instance of chaos active at a time.  Meaning if you recast chaos on the same group of enemies repeatedly it's possible to stunlock them.

Prior to these "tweaks" Chaos could already be recasted, but it would not re-stun them.

Just now, --Q--Sleeping said:

Prior to these "tweaks" Chaos could already be recasted, but it would not re-stun them.

I'm aware.  Prior to her rework you could have multiple instances.  Meaning I could cast in room a and run into room b and cast again.  Both rooms would have chaosed enemies. Current nyx can no longer do this.  When you cast in room a and then run into room b and cast again the enemies in room a lose their chaos and now the enemies in room b are the chaosed ones.  Because of this change when you recast chaos on the same enemies to refresh the timer you're starting the timer over again.  Which means it's treated like a new cast.  and thus the stun that happens when enemies are chaosed gets re applied.  So you can effectively spam cast chaos to stunlock a group of enemies.

Let the mind control ed target ignore enemy armor and shields... they scale so high that mindcontrol is useless in late game. Also let it draw all aggro from nyx.

Also Chaos: let them ignore armor and shields... thats the thing that really hiders nyx in doing anything.

The rest of your ideas is fine.

2 hours ago, --Q--Sleeping said:

Absorb:

For this it would be nice if it no longer increased cost based on damage absorbed, but increased by time instead (at least for the non-augmented version). No longer additive as you mentioned, but a multiplier that increases as the time and cost goes on for the damage absorbed. Also, remove the damage cap. It can't do enough to kill enemies anyway so why cap it?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb DerGreif2:

Let the mind control ed target ignore enemy armor and shields... they scale so high that mindcontrol is useless in late game. Also let it draw all aggro from nyx.

Also Chaos: let them ignore armor and shields... thats the thing that really hiders nyx in doing anything.

That would actually solve a lot of her problems.