Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 10: Shadows Of The Dead

[DE]Rebecca

okay DE I am going to be very real with you.... go ahead sit down I am not going to yell.

first.... what was done right this patch. so many people are criticizing you for the bad whether the games over all health is their concern or not.

-multi core support.... a bit buggy but over all performance increase is just outright amazing and this has been something I have wanted as well as many other gamers in the community for some time. 

-the j-2000 golem/lanthis whatever the hell its called.... ignoring the negatives for now.... DAMN That was one badass fight.... that boss was console worthy and you managed to get it into an MMO... well done... cant wait to see more bosses and raids like it in the future.

-the scarves... even if you don't like the appearance of them your finally starting to use the TF2 hat model that will give warframe something worth purchasing... continued additions of cosmetic items like this will boost your income. the helmets looked nice but you made the same mistake that most companies do by attaching stats on to them. there are only so man stats you can come up with helmets and even fewer that are actually useful without making the wearer OP. while the animations are still twitchy and don't flow very well.... I am sure you'll work it out.

-the loadout tabs for mods..... I LOVE This addition... now people with multiple builds for specific missions only have to click A B or C to be ready for what their missions. if you could do something with the weapons themselves next you will make my year.

now for the negatives....

- the new derelect boss.... I understand why making such an awesome boss more for endgame content by putting crafting into the mix.... and I am sure as a new player I probably wouldn't have to farm as much for it once I would become ready for the content... BUT you did say this would replace J3 on multiple livestreams and posts... so I cnat blame the community for being as pissed as it was when they saw j3 hadn't changed along with the tilesets. I may understand why you lied/changed your mind but it still doesn't change the fact you did go back on what you said.... now what will become of j3?.... or even worse.... your community will ask in future reworks like...

DE "hey guys we just reworked ruk"

community" what do we have to grind for the keys to this new boss that's not replacing the placeholder this time?"

-derelect missions... without anymore a reason to grind for materials for the new boss... there really isn't much point to this other then a time sink... though now you have a new place to put rare weapon blueprints and even a future wwarframe drop point....

-new tileset being sectioned off....

this is something more personal.... I was really disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to see and explore the galaxy and see the impact the various factions are having on them... phobos was a nice start... the corpus out posts are meh but according to you the new tileset for the corpus will help change that. all we had seen before hand for the infested were tilesets with grey and red spores everywhere.. the derelects on the other hand.... broken pieces of the ship parts of the ship malfunctioning horrible with infested all over the place started to really show the impact the infested had on the orokin... and even hint as to what may have lead to their demise.

if you want to give more longevity to the game... just introduce more of the planet specific tilesets... allow the players to see and explore what has happened to the galaxy in their cryogenic sleep... whether it be lush tropical planets or desolate like phobos. people will start asking ...what place do I want to go... not what boss or material do I want to farm.

- the stamina CD timer.... as a rhino user... I am used to being low on stamina and not moving fast... you learn to keep up. I just understand now that warframes centered around speed like volt and loki are going to have more trouble completing there objectives.

glad to see it was the stamina nerf got toned though.

-the research costs for the new infested weapons.... eh not really surprised they started out overpriced...I mean look at the clan dojo costs from first implementation... I had a feeling those prices were going to go down ... that's why I don't really put my resources into the new stuff until its been about half a week so the more realistic prices.... i'd rather see it start high and go low because vice versa will just lead to unending whining from the community.

my recommendations-

-keep up with the new cosmetics that are stat free your gonna start making some more money off that.

-keep working on the scarves animations... they are very...well they act more like rubber then fabric... once again its new and still being worked on so I am sure it will be improved eventually. once you get this down other cosmetic items will be easier to do such as... well I dunno capes for example...(not dropping a hint I cnat think of anything off the top of my head.)

- don't EVER pull a fast one again like the derelects. once again I understand the why. even the whole "oh well if it was replaced you wouldn't be able to get volt" was a very weak reason but one worth noting...... the fact you tried to rationalize an honest mistake in stead of outright apologizing to the community is going to set you back more then you think. the scarves set me back quite a bit on my platinum and I was reconsidering buying more but then i saw that an apology wasn't even issued on the livestream and it just built up hype for new bosses in update 11.... i know i am not the only ones who are on the fence about buying more platinum after this patch... learn from your mistakes so update 11 is a much larger leap forward for warframe

unlike 10 which could have been a leap was turned into a step forward... it was progress... but not the amount you worked so hard for.

Ok so I've bought and built 3 of the Orokin Derelects. None of it is showing up on my map. I repurchased 2 of them (although I'm not sure why that's even an option) to try and rebuild. The standard foundry message came up when I claimed them saying "built item has been added to your inventory.". Its not in my inventory, and its not showing up on my map.

has anyone else encountered this problem and if so what is the fix.

Ok so I've bought and built 3 of the Orokin Derelects. None of it is showing up on my map. I repurchased 2 of them (although I'm not sure why that's even an option) to try and rebuild. The standard foundry message came up when I claimed them saying "built item has been added to your inventory.". Its not in my inventory, and its not showing up on my map.

Yes i have experionced this as well as well as with my keys missing even the ones i got off the missions i resently did. I don't know what to do though.

Have you looked up in the key's section? The one located on top of the screen, just between the Blue Button and the arsenal button while in the Solar System map? That is where keys are located.

Have you looked up in the key's section? The one located on top of the screen, just between the Blue Button and the arsenal button while in the Solar System map? That is where keys are located.

Yes that is where i have been looking for the last three days now. it is empty. i even got new keys. but i still can not get into my dojo or any gold keys  areas.

I want to say congratulations to the development team. Not because of the new frame and new boss, but because of something that I think few people are talking about: the menus.

Now we have three sets of mods for our warframes tactics, and the mods are installed in all frames and weapons at the same time.

No more I have to go in and out of each weapon and frame to put or take a mod: they are all there, at the same time, and I have three tactical options for each weapon and frame.

This is wonderful, and is the biggest accomplishment in update 10.

Hi I posted this in another topic but I think that if I leave it here, it will have more chances of being read by devs. Vote up if you agree please.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/26449-how-the-mod-collection-should-look/?p=1307843

I agree with what you said in your edit. Even though the game is finally becoming playable (thank god to mod sharing and favourite sets) they still:

1. Haven't made them stack: Mods should be stacked in groups of same mod and fusion level (Continuity lvl0 with continuity lvl0 would be one stack and a continuity that has been upgraded with fusion in another stack as well as equipped mods should be in different stacks). This would make browsing and fusing 100x easier. For fusion all you would need to do is click on a stack and specify how much of it you want to use with a slidebar. Would make using all those fast hands and other trash mods doable (I have around 50 of those).

2. No search bar: Seriously ? Why not ? Why would you need to brows trough all those 100s of pages by hand...

3. Polarity tab: this would be useful for fusion. Instead of going trough all those mods looking for a V polarity to use, you could just go into the V polarity tab and chose one (stack).

4. Arsenal mods (where you equip mods on frames/weapons) is still page based rather then slidebar based. Meaning it's still a pain to find mods you want to put on a frame/weapon. Even though now you don't need to do it all the time with the shared mods and favourites sets.

What we need to do is spend less time browsing the HUGE list of mods and more on actually playing the game. The new update is nearly there ! But still some defects of the UI and yes those are defects make it still very annoying to do fusions and change equipment since I need to brows trough 30 pages of mods of which 90% are duplicates...

As per your request in these patch notes, devs, I'm offering a little feedback about performance.

I have a few PCs I use for gaming, but I generally stick to a laptop most of the time, due to disability (and being stuck in bed a lot of the time). I only recently started out with Warframe, and I noticed straight away that the framerate was WAY too low to play on this laptop (around 11 FPS). Not that this bothered me too much, as I simply played on another machine.

After this update, I thought I'd give it another go, and I'm VERY pleased to say that not only does it run better, but it runs absolutely smoothly - no judders at all.

I'm really enjoying the game, and I'm impressed how polished it is, even though still in open beta. The only slight niggle I've found thus far is that sometimes I mess up the security jacking as the mouse cursor will have moved to one sector but the game doesn't seem to have moved on, resulting in mis-clicking. Also, I'm finding that I always never seem to have quite enough ammo for whatever weapon I choose (in solo play), but whether this is something deliberate or whether because I've not long started, I don't know; it's a very minor point though, and only a personal thing.

Anyway I thought I'd do the courtesy of providing feedback to you, as you appear to be very forthcoming devs, so I hope it's some small way of me saying "thank you" back.

I would also like to add that having read 101010's points, I do agree - the UI does need to be a little more flexible, particularly in regard searching for stuff. I do find fiddling around with setups part of the game's enjoyment, but that's not to say it shouldn't be improved.

By the way, that was some nicely put constructive stuff there, 101010.

Edited by crunchyfrog555

I completely forgot about that section. I also forgot to say thank you.

Thank you.

Now I just need someone to join me in the mission. Its a *@##$ and a half by yourself.