The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Umbral Air Garuda

withinmyself

So I might be late to the game with this one.  I usually am.  But did you guys know that if you have a Moa with tractor beam and have Patagium and Aviator on Garuda with max energy and at least Streamline, you can basically fly around the room continuously using Seeking Talons while taking advantage of 40% less damage taken (Aviator). 

I'm sure this set up is great with other frames as well ( I took Zephyr to the plains and he basically turns into an archwing ) 

But it seems to work especially well with Garuda because she does an extra mid-air jump after using her 4th ability that resets her double jump.  I'm not 100% sure how Tractor Beam works though...if it has a half life or what. 

I've really got into Garuda recently and just happened upon this and it just seems really really cool.  I already took her to an Arbitrations and tried it.  I've got to put at least 2 more forma so I can get my energy maxed but she was already pretty much flying.  A flying Garuda and a +300% damage Rivened Kohm.  Life is good. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, withinmyself said:

So I might be late to the game with this one.  I usually am.  But did you guys know that if you have a Moa with tractor beam and have Patagium and Aviator on Garuda with max energy and at least Streamline, you can basically fly around the room continuously using Seeking Talons while taking advantage of 40% less damage taken (Aviator). 

I'm sure this set up is great with other frames as well ( I took Zephyr to the plains and he basically turns into an archwing ) 

But it seems to work especially well with Garuda because she does an extra mid-air jump after using her 4th ability that resets her double jump.  I'm not 100% sure how Tractor Beam works though...if it has a half life or what. 

I've really got into Garuda recently and just happened upon this and it just seems really really cool.  I already took her to an Arbitrations and tried it.  I've got to put at least 2 more forma so I can get my energy maxed but she was already pretty much flying.  A flying Garuda and a +300% damage Rivened Kohm.  Life is good. 

I haven't actually tried making a dedicated build for that, but yeah she can fly around even without special mods. See here:

(Thread has a clip in a latter response)

And yes, sounds like a fun idea to actually build for it. Will have to try that out at some point. ☺️

Edited by Kontrollo

Yea that's actually how I found out.  I had just made a new Moa with tractor beam and that's just how I usually play Garuda so I can get the most area and range.  All of a sudden I wasn't falling so fast and my Moa was shooting a beam at me.  Pretty strange at first.

Edited by withinmyself

27 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Although he is correct.  It does hinge on the Moa staying alive but like I said I haven't had that problem yet with shared armor/health.  Mag might have an issue but Garuda rocks it out pretty well.

i find  tractorbeam fun ,and as you said a linked moa should be ok. 

you should post the  moas&garudas mod setup , that should help those trying to make the build as its a frame and companion synergy build sharing all data would help others recreate it 

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

you should post the  moas&garudas mod setup , that should help those trying to make the build as its a frame and companion synergy build sharing all data would help others recreate it 

Sure thing.  I still need to put 2 more formas for the build I want but I'll explain what I'm going for.

Not really anything special with the Moa except Tractor Beam and the Linked Mods are a must while using a Tank Frame.  Then just a standard shield and the rest of the standard companion stuff.  I could be missing some Mods I really don't know.  So there might be something that enhances or increases the duration or something like the Kavats have.

fiSl3kz.png

So my Umbral Mods are all one away from Max which is probably how I'll always keep them because they barely fit on some of my frames as it is.  But they make her pretty tanky and give that initial boost of strength. 

I've tried with Patagium and without and you can tell it does stack.  There is a noticeable difference. 

I'm using a low ranked Blind Rage temporary until I can change that polarity for Augur Secrets.  At 200% strength her chance for slash procs from her 4 are 99% and that's what I'm shooting for.

I'm using a maxed out Fleeting Expertise because I have to have at least Streamline and I really need to get Flow on here as well so I split the difference for now and just increased the efficiency.  Duration is not too important although it'd be nice. 

Natural Talent is probably not necessary but its a "quality of life" thing.  Actually if I wasn't using Patagium I'd have Handspring on there for sure.  That Mod goes on almost all my frames now.  And I would consider that a "quality of life" Mod as well. 

The big one is Aviator which gives 40% damage reduction while in the air so that's what I'm shooting for with all of this.  That's not really needed unless you're doing endgame stuff like Arbitration, Actual difficult Sorties, Axi missions, etc. Garuda can already keep herself alive pretty well but this almost makes her invincible if you run it right. 

And Armored Agility cause...why not.  Could probably switch in a shield mod but I prefer to buff armor and health usually always over shields. 

I'll probably forma the Exilus slot and change the Vazarin polarity at Blind Rage to Naramon so I can put Augur Secrets there and I might have to forgo Natural Talent cause I'm gonna need to change Fleeting to Streamline and I still have to put my Flow on there for max energy so I'm thinking either Natural Talent is going away OR I forma the Armored Agility slot to a Naramon as well and get rid of that...which actually sounds better to me.  Natural Talent works really well with Garuda. 

I hope I could help out someone have as much fun with Garuda as I am!!!  GL!!!!

FQYy705.png

Garuda continues to intrigue and amaze.  She might be my go to Eidolon hunter now.  She can use all her abilities on the Vomvalsts and with max range she can create a heal circle almost 70m which is big enough to continuously heal everyone in the group while fighting Eidolons even the operators.  Her Seeking Talons might not kill them BUT it does target them and mark them and make them come towards you so she is a natural Vomvalyst killer/healer in Eidolon.  Plus you can fly around and take very little damage as well.  I'm still experimenting but it's a nice change of gameplay from using the go-to Meta frames. 

1 hour ago, withinmyself said:

Garuda continues to intrigue and amaze.  She might be my go to Eidolon hunter now.  She can use all her abilities on the Vomvalsts and with max range she can create a heal circle almost 70m which is big enough to continuously heal everyone in the group while fighting Eidolons even the operators.  Her Seeking Talons might not kill them BUT it does target them and mark them and make them come towards you so she is a natural Vomvalyst killer/healer in Eidolon.  Plus you can fly around and take very little damage as well.  I'm still experimenting but it's a nice change of gameplay from using the go-to Meta frames. 

Imo, she would be better for Defection than Eidolons and reason is her 2 can heal the Survivors and her 3 can give her energy in the same Alter so it’s easy for her to keep the Survivors alive without running out of Energy. She obviously have her 1 and 4 for the Infested. What you do need to watch out against Infested is the Healers since they deactivate Blood Alter and make that ability unuseable on any enemy in it’s Aura Range.

Edited by GPrime96

25 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Imo, she would be better for Defection than Eidolons and reason is her 2 can heal the Survivors and her 3 can give her energy in the same Alter so it’s easy for her to keep the Survivors alive without running out of Energy. She obviously have her 1 and 4 for the Infested. What you do need to watch out against Infested is the Healers since they deactivate Blood Alter and make that ability unuseable on any enemy in it’s Aura Range.

Oooh you're right. 

4 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Man I did'nt know that

I used her in Mot for so many times Solo and one of the things that screws up my runs there is when a Ancient Healer comes. Without Blood Alter, her Survivability becomes worse and since Ancient Healers blocks Blood Alter, i would have to kill the Ancient first or run to a safe place. That reason is whi i’m using a Radiation/Viral Zenistar instead of Corrosive/Blast. There’s a way to troll your Team though and that’s when you Blood Alter the Ancient Healer to make it’s Aura stay on the enemies.

One other thing I've noticed with Garuda is that on the Ambulus mission you can use your 1 over and over on a downed ambulus to build up your damage to whatever the hell you want while waiting for the ship to pick it up.  I don't know if this mechanic works elsewhere but I thought it was interesting.

Edited by withinmyself

Here's the ideal Umbral Air Garuda Build.  I'm working on the Eidolon Hunter Garuda Build.  Growing Power is freaking amazing with Garuda.

And of course a Moa with Tractor Beam and Link Armor/Health mods is required for the full effect.

fyQXkRK.png

EY5SPL2.png

Edited by withinmyself