Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what I think about STALKER mode

S0NGA

I think that due to the fact that english is not my native language, maybe this is causing some communication problem here...

Just now, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

But this then means there is no opt out for anyone playing in public. Which we have seen causes resentment in a portion of the playerbase who do not want PvP intruding on the PvE experience. Hence does not address the issues

I was very clear, when was put in my post, two options that when properly configured, only people with the same interest, will become part of the squad...
So that all 4 participants, who will be present will have the same wish...
Or they will be chased by a Stalker played by a fifth player or they will be chased by the usual Stalker...

Just now, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

Implementing an idea without thinking through the consequences is, frankly, the wrong way to handle a commercial project. It may work for a small, limited scope prototype, but not how you want to launch a general offering. People are raising valid concerns that arise from having a human controlled Stalker; to make this have any chance of being a viable mode these need to be addressed. You cannot simply launch something half thought through and see what happens.

And it seemed obvious to me, that when I said: "we should see later what happens", that I would be referring to reception for the novelty...
I would not be referring to see if it was going to go wrong, because it could have a construction error, for lack of feedback!

On 2019-01-26 at 7:12 PM, Lakais said:

Problem with the "Opt in/out" option is, as the devs themselves said, the issue that the only ones who end up being affected by it are new players who don't know of the existence of this option or those who forget to turn it off. This is in case of Opt Out being the option to make. Otherwise, NO ONE will use this feature if it's Opt In because people are already simply annoyed by the interruptions (not challenged, annoyed). And the others don't know that is even thing you can do.  

Meaning this feature would not be used at all. 

My opinion on the mater is that it'd be all or nothing. Not at all, or EVERYONE is involved. With exceptions to players that are too low MR or that a player controlled Stalker can only show up in, for example Jupiter and up or that the targets have to be at least conclave rank 3 or something. 

The simple answer to the problem is that it will be "OPT IN" and NOT "OPT OUT" , please learn to tell the difference.

Another way is intruducing the option after encountering the stalker for the first time.

Well, look at that, the problem is solved.

2 hours ago, Priamos said:

The simple answer to the problem is that it will be "OPT IN" and NOT "OPT OUT" , please learn to tell the difference.

Another way is intruducing the option after encountering the stalker for the first time.

Well, look at that, the problem is solved.

Who in their right mind would Opt In? Really, who? The 1%? The 1% who will be the ones furiously sitting in the "Want to Invade!" screen, looking for targets? 

This leads into other issues. If the very CONCEPT of this feature is this controversial, imagine the bile if it'd actually become a thing. This begs the question of this feature being worth not only said community collective displeasure, but the dev time and resources needed to not only implement, but maintain said feature. Lets look at Trials! They were only used by a small fraction of the community with a considerable maintenance cost. I can't imagine the Stalker mode being any less so because of the PvP nature of it. 

This is my problem with the Opt anything option. It naturally either works bad, or isn't something that works at all. Meaning it has to be an "all or nothing" type deal. Naturally, there needs to be some system of qualifications that determines if someone is eligible for player-Stalker invasion. Personally I hold the opinion that the invaded player has to at the very least have defeated the AI Stalker once. And that they have at least one revive left at the moment of invasion. These conditions mean that the player knows how the Stalker fight goes and has some level of competency to counter it and that even if it does go south, the mission isn't instantly over. With one added limitation being that the Player-Stalker has an aggressively small countdown timer. Meaning you can't just troll or toy with the target. 

I would also prefer if we didn't get the option to control the Stalker. He is a key character in the lore and even more, there's two versions of him. Instead I believe it would be best if we take control of an Acolyte character. Allowing SOME level of customization and giving some further avenues for world-building. 

What fool would opt out of the PvP stalker raids? You increase your chances of encountering the stalker's loot table, and get an interesting enemy to fight that isn't just a boring slab of health and damage. If you lose, you fall on your rump and wait patiently for your team mates to give you the green gas.

14 minutes ago, Broble said:

What fool would opt out of the PvP stalker raids? You increase your chances of encountering the stalker's loot table, and get an interesting enemy to fight that isn't just a boring slab of health and damage. If you lose, you fall on your rump and wait patiently for your team mates to give you the green gas.

People who have everything from his loot table, maybe? You can't resell what is from his drop table save a few rather common mods so why would I waste time waiting for some dude to connect just to hear him complaining about packet delay and what not. It's another client that is taxing your PC when you host, who can be potentially toxic especially if you have S#&$ty internet.

So plenty of reasons to opt out. I don't need my 50th Dread or 10th Hate. Or that 100th copy of Blind Justice.

13 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Didn't think of that before. This stalker mode now sounds like vestigial limb that serves no other purpose than to siphon blood from the heart. Have the Devs proposed any other incentives for players to partake in the mode yet?

Edited by Broble

7 minutes ago, Broble said:

Didn't think of that before. This stalker mode now sounds like vestigial limb that serves no other purpose than to siphon blood from the heart. Have the Devs proposed any other incentives for players to partake in the mode yet?

That was quite the 180. Hope you didn't get whiplash! ^_^