Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk Buff?

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

1 hour ago, COATTOQUALUNQUE said:

for me would be cool if i could just activate the ulti like a normal exalted weapon and fist people when and how i want 

Well the goal was clearly to make it an exalted weapon that could outperform even Exalted blade. So having it attached to a separate meter would make sense. I just think someone forgot that Crit focused impact only weapons are not effective past level 50.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well the goal was clearly to make it an exalted weapon that could outperform even Exalted blade

Eh-heh... pardon me for butting in, where exactly is that clear?

Baruuk's whole thing is that he's a reluctant warrior. If his 4 was supposed to deal better damage than Exalted Blade, it would, they would have given it better damage, as it is they've reduced the damage in favour of making it have CC with the different push, pull and lift effects.

I would suggest, and I honestly mean this as a suggestion, that you Wait and See(tm) for Melee 3.0, because his combos are going to mean so much more there when they exist as 'movement/stationary/gap-closer' variants.

You'll actually be able to dictate what kind of CC you lay down, while also laying down reasonable damage. Not amazing damage, just reasonable. And with the new Combo Counter / Heavy Attack system, I think there's going to be some real interplay possible there.

So no, I don't think there's going to be a direct buff to Baruuk soon, not until the new system goes into effect, and then it's going to be anyone's game. If he needs a buff after that, then sure, we can argue for one.

55 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Eh-heh... pardon me for butting in, where exactly is that clear?

Baruuk's whole thing is that he's a reluctant warrior. If his 4 was supposed to deal better damage than Exalted Blade, it would, they would have given it better damage, as it is they've reduced the damage in favour of making it have CC with the different push, pull and lift effects.

I would suggest, and I honestly mean this as a suggestion, that you Wait and See(tm) for Melee 3.0, because his combos are going to mean so much more there when they exist as 'movement/stationary/gap-closer' variants.

You'll actually be able to dictate what kind of CC you lay down, while also laying down reasonable damage. Not amazing damage, just reasonable. And with the new Combo Counter / Heavy Attack system, I think there's going to be some real interplay possible there.

So no, I don't think there's going to be a direct buff to Baruuk soon, not until the new system goes into effect, and then it's going to be anyone's game. If he needs a buff after that, then sure, we can argue for one.

Question. What’s the point of having this build up to an ability if it’s only use is CC? The gameplay type that’s rapidly declining in popularity. I mean yes he’s a reluctant warrior, but his 4 is supposed to be him finally letting lose and wrecking s***. Don’t believe me? Go rewatch the devstreams where they talked about him. Or read parts of the wiki on him as they do paraphrase what Scott said.

An ability that only provides the worst kind of Crowd Control and is locked behind a separate meter is not an ability worth using. I’d rather take this +50% damage reduction restraint gives you.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

5 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Possibly, but I doubt it though. He’s more of a fun frame than a damage dealing frame to be honest.

I was under the impression before his release that he would be primarily support that builds up to being damage for a short period. What we got was support builds up to Exalted leafblower.

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well the goal was clearly to make it an exalted weapon that could outperform even Exalted blade. So having it attached to a separate meter would make sense. I just think someone forgot that Crit focused impact only weapons are not effective past level 50.

well condition overload could help the paci fists, but the status chance is something around 10% and the targets tend to fly away, with a simple status chance increase and targets stop flying away the ability would be able to deal damage past 50

11 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Question. What’s the point of having this build up to an ability if it’s only use is CC?

Rebuttal: What's with this opinion that it's only CC?

The damage is not as good as another ability that's similar, true, and no it doesn't scale as well. The trade off for that higher damage was an additional function, that is to say CC. This does not negate the fact that it has damage, and that that damage is still better at base stats than all the other melee weapons you could use without scaling them up the Melee Combo Multiplier because it's both ranged and multi-hitting with its damage. And it still projects through walls.

Don't try to turn this around on my and claim that my argument was that it's a CC ability therefore it doesn't need damage. It just has a different balance than the pure damage ones do.

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Rebuttal: What's with this opinion that it's only CC?

The damage is not as good as another ability that's similar, true, and no it doesn't scale as well. The trade off for that higher damage was an additional function, that is to say CC. This does not negate the fact that it has damage, and that that damage is still better at base stats than all the other melee weapons you could use without scaling them up the Melee Combo Multiplier because it's both ranged and multi-hitting with its damage. And it still projects through walls.

Don't try to turn this around on my and claim that my argument was that it's a CC ability therefore it doesn't need damage. It just has a different balance than the pure damage ones do.

There are several weapons that out damage his 4.

Trading away damage for CC is a terrible idea for an ability. Baruuk already has the ability to slow enemies down to a sleep and disarm them. He already has CC. The trade off should’ve been the longer you hold back using his first 3 abilities the longer you get access to an all powerful exalted weapon. But they way his 4 works now it’s just a punch of flashy symbols that knock enemies around in ways that aren’t exactly practical.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There are several weapons that out damage his 4.

Go on, please, enlighten me to them.

54 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Trading away damage for CC is a terrible idea for an ability.

Well that's your opinion, fine, but your arguments don't have any factual basis as to why, only rough anecdotals based on the 'meta' of not using CC as much. So it's directly countered by the next person's opinion that says it's a good idea.

Also, you know that half his moves just lift enemies and don't 'knock them around' at all. There are even moves that drag them in towards you instead of pushing them away. Try using those and see if that becomes easier on you.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

the longer you get access to an all powerful exalted weapon.

That's exactly where your argument falls through, expecting it to be an 'all powerful exalted weapon'. None of them are 'all powerful'.

Why are you expecting this to be some over-powered super weapon? It never was going to be, especially with the mechanic meaning that it doesn't even use energy and can be infinitely sustained by his other abilities instead. It's just a 'good' weapon, not a 'great' weapon, and given every bit of footage where they previewed it, that's what it was always going to be.

Again, though, I point out the Wait and See(tm)

We genuinely cannot rate any melee weapon in the game until the stat shifts and combo changes coming with that have taken effect this year. DE have made Baruuk right in the middle of that process, they know exactly what's coming with it, and I guarantee you we're going to see some changes when it happens.

Heck, with the way some weapons got upgraded in the Primary, Secondary and Beam weapon update, the Tipedo could return to being my favourite melee after it immediately became obsolete as a movement tool after Parkour 2.0.

We don't know. So Wait and See(tm).