The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk's Desert Wind stats are just a copy* of Valkyr's Talons

_GoodLuck_

Not everything has to be good against armor, nor good against everything. Crits are good against both Corpus and Infested, which is already 2 and a half faction (Corrupted being a mix of everything) out of 4, which is already decent. 

And the "copy" is the Crit/Status/total damage, while attack speed and damage repartition are completely different. Also, the Range of both abilities is extremely different, since one is for very close combat and the other uses high-range shockwaves. 

• Like 2

Almost makes the difference - Polish commercial 🙂

So... what's your point? You wanna say that both Valkyr's Talons and Baruuk Fists are... weak? Useless? Or maybe You just have NO IDEA how to build those?

OK, let me help you with that...

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Baruuk/t_30_4003332333_2-0-10-4-3-5-5-4-5-12-2-10-34-8-5-55-7-5-58-9-5-411-6-10-860-5-5-873-1-10_2-6-873-16-12-16-4-5-5-5-860-4-411-8-55-6-34-14-58-5_0/en/1-0-68/205689/0

Try it and than answer, ok?

Edited by THeMooN85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s a glorified leaf blower that has no excuse being locked behind a separate meter that has to be built up over time. 

Excuse me WHAT?!

Dude I have no idea what tea you drinking but you definitely have to stop.

The only reason you ppl reject Desert Wind is because of Impact damage... But you have no damn idea that with build I provided, Baruuk can melt just ANYTHING from high distance, plus he is almost unkillable when played right.

You guys always complains that something is bad just because you don't understand it's mechanics... I say give it a try, see for your self how murderous Baruuk can be. In most cases he is unstoppable.

4 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Excuse me WHAT?!

Dude I have no idea what tea you drinking but you definitely have to stop.

The only reason you ppl reject Desert Wind is because of Impact damage... But you have no damn idea that with build I provided, Baruuk can melt just ANYTHING from high distance, plus he is almost unkillable when played right.

You guys always complains that something is bad just because you don't understand it's mechanics... I say give it a try, see for your self how murderous Baruuk can be. In most cases he is unstoppable.

Video proof. Now.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You know excal would’ve killed them 10x faster and he didnt have to spend 30 seconds waiting to actually use Exalted blade. 

Jesus Christ! I'm done. I'm done with you. You just cant accept the fact that I'm damn right, right?

Go the Hek man.

il y a 5 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

I just want to know why people who like Baruuk don’t want him to be even better.

Because he doesn't need to?

As I said, not everything needs to be good against everything, nor the best against anything. Things simply don't need to be op and from what he showed us it's definetely not trash, so why are YOU complaining?

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Because he doesn't need to?

As I said, not everything needs to be good against everything, nor the best against anything. Things simply don't need to be op and from what he showed us it's definetely not trash. 

What he showed us was over 300% power strength and using the gladiator mods to get some more Crit chance by building up a little bit of combo from using the actual fists to hit the enemies a few times. It’s a build clearly made just for serene storm. I mean even DeMonkey can get Wukongs Iron Staff to perform reasonably well with the gladiator set and some combo build up. And I’ve been spending some time putting some exalted weapon users over 300% strength and while I don’t have access to level 160 (I do use corrupted heavy gunners over him using arid heavy gunners) I was able to kill every enemy before his Baruuk even activated Serene Storm.

Edit: My enemies are level 120 btw. Forgot to put that in.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s a build clearly made just for serene storm.

HAHhahahah... AND?

Dude, you don't even have Baruuk yet, you said it yourself. @THeMooN85 is right. For any content in the game that isn't long-runs past the two hour mark to get to level 200 plus, that build will literally deal with anything. And as somebody that regularly sees that level of content due to boredom and nostalgia for the old Key system (where hitting level 200-250 was considered the average chance of actually getting Prime Parts you wanted), I can say that there's genuinely no need for Baruuk to be any better than he is now. He's good. Just let him be good and stop pining for OP, because OP just gets nerfed in the end.

So Excal could have killed them faster. Wow, amazing. What's your point?

This frame can handle the same content that any other frame can, and do it well. That's all that we need. Would we be happy if DE also decided to up the damage numbers on his 4? Sure, that would be great.

But he's fine where he is. So go play him when you get him, and stop pre-judging a function you can't even test for yourself.

9 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

HAHhahahah... AND?

Dude, you don't even have Baruuk yet, you said it yourself. @THeMooN85 is right. For any content in the game that isn't long-runs past the two hour mark to get to level 200 plus, that build will literally deal with anything. And as somebody that regularly sees that level of content due to boredom and nostalgia for the old Key system (where hitting level 200-250 was considered the average chance of actually getting Prime Parts you wanted), I can say that there's genuinely no need for Baruuk to be any better than he is now. He's good. Just let him be good and stop pining for OP, because OP just gets nerfed in the end.

So Excal could have killed them faster. Wow, amazing. What's your point?

This frame can handle the same content that any other frame can, and do it well. That's all that we need. Would we be happy if DE also decided to up the damage numbers on his 4? Sure, that would be great.

But he's fine where he is. So go play him when you get him, and stop pre-judging a function you can't even test for yourself.

He needs a buff.

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

What he showed us was over 300% power strength and using the gladiator mods to get some more Crit chance by building up a little bit of combo from using the actual fists to hit the enemies a few times. It’s a build clearly made just for serene storm. I mean even DeMonkey can get Wukongs Iron Staff to perform reasonably well with the gladiator set and some combo build up. And I’ve been spending some time putting some exalted weapon users over 300% strength and while I don’t have access to level 160 (I do use corrupted heavy gunners over him using arid heavy gunners) I was able to kill every enemy before his Baruuk even activated Serene Storm.

Edit: My enemies are level 120 btw. Forgot to put that in.

First, he didn't show the stats of his frame. You simply assumed he used over 300% PS.

Second, Set Bonuses don't work with Exalted Weapons, and besides who said it was against the rules to use those mods when you can use them on every melee weapons?

Third, the difference between Arid and Corrupted HG is hp based. The armor is the same, so a difference of 40lvl will still be huge since the armor value is extremely different. The damage numbers you saw were far lower than what the same build would do against lvl 120s since the armor was higher. 

And again, even if that's not high enough for your personal standarts, it's still high enough for all the non-endurance content we have.

2 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

First, he didn't show the stats of his frame. You simply assumed he used over 300% PS.

Second, Set Bonuses don't work with Exalted Weapons, and besides who said it was against the rules to use those mods when you can use them on every melee weapons?

Third, the difference between Arid and Corrupted HG is hp based. The armor is the same, so a difference of 40lvl will still be huge since the armor value is extremely different. The damage numbers you saw were far lower than what the same build would do against lvl 120s since the armor was higher. 

And again, even if that's not high enough for your personal standarts, it's still high enough for all the non-endurance content we have.

He linked the build he uses in his first post.

never said it was against anything to use the set mods. I was just pointing out how he pulled off what he did in the video. But overall a player shouldn’t have to build specifically for one ability in order for it to function effectively. Especially with DE’s higher priority on ability synergy and such.

Yeah, I’m aware of the differences of health and armor and I wish I had access to level 160s to do proper comparisons. 

4 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Uploading now...

HERE YOUR PROOF:

My slash proc galatine prime killed them all in 1/4 the time (Also something like half the gunners fell off the map and since all the gunners got spread out, you ran out of restraint lol). Sure, Serene storm can get things done, but, objectively speaking, it is a suboptimal option vs armor. Against unarmored, it's fine, but when it can't kill in a couple hits, the CC works against you. The lack of combo meter makes it suboptimal as well, as unless you go out of your way to stop attacking and approach, you don't build and maintain combo. In the grand scheme of things, suboptimal is fine, except for the fact that Baruuk's entire kit is based on the restraint meter, and serene storm not holding even the slightest candle to exalted blade and even normal melee weapons is inexcusable. Fingers crossed it gets better with melee 3.0, but I have my doubts.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

overall a player shouldn’t have to build specifically for one ability in order for it to function effectively

Did you even payed Baruuk? NO!

My build is created for every his skills... You will figure it out once it'll drop on your peasant console.

I can see some douches wanna make Baruuk (the pacifist frame) some Saryn/Mesa/etc. tier... IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! He is very supporting and actually quite powerful for a frame that was made to not killing... and yet he can kill almost everything on his path... why cant you understand it?

For the last time... I DON'T CARE that Excalibur or Galatine or whatever you wanna compare him can do it better and faster... according to his "nature" he shouldn't do any damage to any enemy... and I proofed that he can.