Here are my specs:

Dell Inspiron 5559

Win10 Home x64

Intel i7-6500U 2.50 GHz

RAM 8 GB

Intel HD 4 GB

AMD Radeon R5 M335 8 GB

HDD 1 TB

Very low and inconsistent fps + disconnecting from host (either in the elevator or towards the end of the 1st stage of the heist) and almost infinite elevator scenes.

I tried making footage from OV but got frustrated and stopped trying after an hour of elevator scenes.

In the rare cases where I enter OV, I get about 5~8 fps according to the fps-meter but in reality it's more like 2 frames then a second or two of frozen screen and so on. This is not new, it's always been like that in Fortuna/OV regardless of me being in a squad or solo and therefore I'm practically blocked from that content.

PoE has been out for more than a year and I experience the same issues there but to a lesser degree ( 10~20 fps and less frozen screen) and since nothing changed in regards to that, I won't expect anything different for Fortuna, the least you can do is putting Baruuk or the toroids elsewhere in the Starchart. I have 1500 hours with only 18 Teralysts and 1 Orb because of this.

And to all of you who think my specs are too low, I play at a smooth 40 fps anywhere outside the 2 openworlds and their towns.

And no I won't pay plat for Baruuk.

TL;DR Stop putting Warframes in openworlds

Sorry if I sound salty; it's just venting after months of frustration.

25 minutes ago, XenoKarasu said:

And to all of you who think my specs are too low, I play at a smooth 40 fps anywhere outside the 2 openworlds and their towns.

This is a totally pointless statement. The open world areas require more power to work properly. Your specs are too low for these zones. I would say that 40 FPS is on the low side anyway.

26 minutes ago, XenoKarasu said:

x4~x5 more power?! No.

Can you show me your evidence that suggests this is impossible? Your PC is underpowered, simple as that. You said you are getting 40 FPS on standard missions, most people would consider that low. You are then trying to do something that requires more powerful hardware. Of course you get further FPS drops.

• I lose about 60 FPS in OV compared to standard missions. From about 210 down to 150. 

You're basically getting bottlenecked by your CPU. 2.5 GHz really... isn't much at all. That's on the low end, if anything, and will struggle to run just about anything and everything else, regardless of what the rest of your setup is like.

Edited by Vargras

enable Dynamic Resolution(to Auto). your GPU trades blows with some higher end iGPU's. Auto will only change things if it needs to, otherwise it won't scale the output.

don't have extra unnecessary software running in the background, you need to avoid other Software trying to do stuff and using up CPU time.
always play in maximum performance, with the Processor able to use as much power as possible. hopefully it stays cool, the Boost Clocks are pretty acceptable as long as it can hold there permanently and not have to cycle up and down from Thermals. Notebooks do tend to have quite poor Cooling, though.

keep your Hard Disk Defragmented. Loading Times into Landscapes hits Disk Access a lot more than anywhere in the rest of the game since the single Loading Screen has to load a lot more in the same time crunch.

you probably already are, but 64-Bit, Dx11 mode in theory should perform the best.
also, check your Video Driver Settings or whereever you do it on AMDs' Mobile system and make sure you're using the Dedicated GPU for the game, and it hasn't been running on your iGPU.

it's going to Load slowly in Landscapes. performance isn't going to be great. but it should(as in, it would be strange if it were not) be playable if you try to give Warframe as much of the system resources that you have to it. mainly CPU time, you really don't want to be sharing CPU time with anything else if you can help it.

you don't need everything on off/low, but we can start with performance, and move on to what you can get mostly for free later.

Edited by taiiat

On 2019-01-29 at 5:08 PM, XenoKarasu said:

Intel HD 4 GB

AMD Radeon R5 M335 8 GB

This old and low end of AMD graphics is questionable, it might not be any faster then intel graphics, and will probably use up more watts of power, draining battery faster.

intel vs AMD
14 nm vs 28 nm Fabrication
Shared RAM, 128 bit in dual channel mode vs dedicated slow 64 bit DDR3

Looked at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_graphics_processing_units for AMD GPU, https://ark.intel.com/products/88194/Intel-Core-i7-6500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-10-GHz- for intel

The other problem about the slow loading is, slow HDD and limited RAM. Might want to switch to a faster SATA SSD, which requires some data migration or re-install of windows. Memory RAM upgrade might work as well. More RAM allows windows to cache more data to faster RAM to speed up repeated loads while in game.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-01-30 at 1:41 AM, krc473 said:

Can you show me your evidence that suggests this is impossible? Your PC is underpowered, simple as that. You said you are getting 40 FPS on standard missions, most people would consider that low. You are then trying to do something that requires more powerful hardware. Of course you get further FPS drops.

• I lose about 60 FPS in OV compared to standard missions. From about 210 down to 150. 

So basically the minimum requirements of the game are wrong, cause you can't play this open map.

1 hour ago, Szszymon14 said:

So basically the minimum requirements of the game are wrong, cause you can't play this open map.

Why are you bumping up a thread after it being inactive so long?

I am not even sure what your comment is addressing...