Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations and "Host migration"

MeiKilos

So everyone's played Abritrations by now we know that not everyone stays past their death to wait for the reward(s). Problem is, after the host migration process we are left with our abilities reset and swarmed by enemies, more often than not resulting in an instadeath, especially when using frames that require on a certain ability to stay alive (Mesa/ Rhino). While this is not gamebreaking, it can result in some cheap deaths. especially if the host doesn't warn the rest that he is leaving after dying. 

One way to avoid this would be of course see who the host is and run as soon as he/she dies, but that is in no way convenient. Which is why I came up with these suggestions to avoid undeserved deaths.

1. After the host clicks "abort mission", he/she has to wait 5-10 seconds, time in which we are given a warning that we are about to be thrown into "host migration", giving us enough time to look for some cover.

2. We get invulnerability for 3-5 seconds after the migration so we can get to safety and get our ground back.

The invulnerability phase should be mandatory in Arbitrations anyway. I've had two cases where it failed me:

1- Ivara'ing against Grineer in a Survival. Yeah, let's just "respawn" without stealth in the middle of a gunfight.

2- Defenses... Host Migration only means the Defense target will get rekt. Once we respawned with him at like 500HP, so we obviously had to leave as early as possible as any single AoE hit would kill him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

1- Ivara'ing against Grineer in a Survival. Yeah, let's just "respawn" without stealth in the middle of a gunfight.

Yep, Ivara's chances of surviving a migration are close to 0. I'd play her a lot more if it wasn't for the cheap deaths. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MurderLegs said:

1. After the host clicks "abort mission", he/she has to wait 5-10 seconds, time in which we are given a warning that we are about to be thrown into "host migration", giving us enough time to look for some cover.

Alt-F4 defeats this idea.

8 hours ago, MurderLegs said:

2. We get invulnerability for 3-5 seconds after the migration so we can get to safety and get our ground back.

Based on whose timer?

The old host? The new one? The clients?

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎30 at 11:52 PM, peterc3 said:

Alt-F4 defeats this idea.

Based on whose timer?

The old host? The new one? The clients?

I don't think any player would alt f4 simply to get the others killed out of pure spite. Waiting 5 to 10 seconds is way less a wait time than logging back in.

As to the 2nd issue, I think each player should get the immunity after getting back in, not based on the new host since not everyone share the same PC specs, hence not the same loading times. 

But I think if DE is to bring this into the game, they would know better than me how to handle this, so I'll leave it up to them.

40 minutes ago, MurderLegs said:

I don't think any player would alt f4 simply to get the others killed out of pure spite. Waiting 5 to 10 seconds is way less a wait time than logging back in.

If people are going to leave, they are going to leave. Why wait 5-10 seconds when you can wait 0?

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

If people are going to leave, they are going to leave. Why wait 5-10 seconds when you can wait 0?

Even if players in Warframe would get salty over an arbitration (which I don't think it's gonna happen), we still got the invulnerability thing that might solve this inconvenience. 

I kindof like a few seconds of invulnerability, but I also want the game to pause during host migration.

Currently, the game does not pause, and host migration death happens. This is very bad when this happens in Arbitrations or when all lives were used up.

Some other games actually pauses the game and have countdown to resume. The sad truth is Warframe already pause the game in multiplayer endless relic missions when choosing new relics, but does not pause in Host migrations. This should be as simple as just reuse the countdown to resume without the relic stuff.

18 hours ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

I agree.

How about a way to incentivize staying in the squad even if you go down?

I think being able to get the reward despite being death is good enough. 

12 hours ago, sam686 said:

I kindof like a few seconds of invulnerability, but I also want the game to pause during host migration.

Currently, the game does not pause, and host migration death happens. This is very bad when this happens in Arbitrations or when all lives were used up.

Some other games actually pauses the game and have countdown to resume. The sad truth is Warframe already pause the game in multiplayer endless relic missions when choosing new relics, but does not pause in Host migrations. This should be as simple as just reuse the countdown to resume without the relic stuff.

I like your suggestion as well,as long as our timers match with the timer of the guy with the slowest connection/ PC.

• 4 weeks later...

That is not the only problem. Host migration is something seriously stupidly annoying right now. After 8 excavations host dies, he leaves, host migrates and you get dropped out of the game. You accept offer to connect back to multiplayer you just got dropped out, but instead, you just connect to host that is sitting in menus now. All endo, all cryotic is gone. Happened a few times already. Arbitrations are already boring and annoying mode, and this makes it even more unreliable if you lose everything after an hour or 2 of just mindless bashing.