The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Possible memory leak (?) @ 4100mb RAM usage (FOUNDRY)

Redemption

I have posted the link of an uploaded video game-play example of me replicating the issue I am about to report below in a YouTube video here.

https://youtu.be/jJQiWeG2rzY

The problem is if you pay attention to the memory usage in the bottom right of the screen in the overlay. My memory usage increases by approximately 300mb each item I build or claim and this gradually increases until it reaches around 4100mb where the game will inevitably crash to desktop with no bug report option. This bug is able to be replicated. i managed it 10 times in succession and even tried to verify cache. No other programs running aside Steam and Chrome behind the game

I'm 99.9% sure this is a memory issue. but forcing me to crash for spam creating items every 2 minutes is kind of very annoying.

Hope it gets fixed soon. Thanks DE!

Hi RedemptionDenied,

Unfortunately we are having a difficult time reproducing this issue on our end. While memory usage does increase as more items are claimed, it should eventually be flushed out before it becomes enough of a problem to crash the game. (e.g. before it can even hit 4gb, it should drop back down to ~1.4gb).

Can you please send us a copy of your EE.log taken after you've had this crash occur? You can send it to us in a support ticket here, and your EE.log can be found by following the picture of the Warframe launcher below. Hopefully something we find in the log file will help us narrow down a culprit.

GetLogs.png.61be89698173c0efcb38159fb55042a2.png

Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Unfortunately we are having a difficult time reproducing this issue on our end.

Try again with 440 blueprints or more in Foundry, and limit FPS to 30. Happens to me as well.

No need to build anything. I have about 440 Blueprints in Foundry. Repeatedly enter and exit foundry fast, hundreds of times at a slow 30 FPS, will exit game without a crash report option. My computer have 32 GB of RAM, why won't this game use more then about 4.2 GB of RAM in 64 bit Warframe?

• 1 month later...

From "Game is running" to "crash" in 33 secs

Edit: forgot the video: 😛

Edit2: The faster i craft, the more likely my game crashes (without this "Your game crashed"-Window). Looks like not even the EE.log finishes writing. 
The game crashes at ca. 4.2GB RAM-usage always. 
About my Portable-Potato(Laptop): 16GB DDR4, GTX1050Ti, i7-8750h. 

Edited by Fraank

Currently going through support. But if you are suffering like me with this issue if you can contact them and also flag it up maybe we can get this smoothed out sooner rather than later. Hope it's fixed soon. Gone through submitting logs, driver updates and now procdumps .DMP to find the culprit. i tried on a fresh account to replicate the issue and it was smooth as butter which leads me to believe the fault is account linked or something server sided possibly? Wish them all luck fixing it anyhow.

On 2019-04-12 at 3:49 AM, RedemptionDenied said:

i tried on a fresh account to replicate the issue and it was smooth as butter

How many different blueprints does both your accounts have?

I believe the problem happens when account have too many different blueprints, and maybe too many different kinds of prime parts and materials. This problem appears to slowly worsen as I get more blueprints and more prime parts.

On 2019-04-12 at 10:51 AM, RedemptionDenied said:

I hope it's fixed soon. Did you report it to support with your logs?

Same news as always. "Update your Windows, click the 2 buttons in the launcher-options, delete the strangely named files in AppData/Warframe/..."

In one log-file there was a "[error]: Buffer underrun" or something like that and all the other logs stopped after the last item i ve build with "info: >4k objects were loaded". 
Not even the "Warframe has crashed" pops up.

• 4 weeks later...

As of yesterday GMT +0 UK time (after weeks of mail ping pong and sharing knowledge with them) I received a mail response from DE support saying they have found the issue. Here is the response as of yesterday.

Hi RedemptionDenied,

Thanks so much for your patience on this issue. We are able to get a repro and have narrowed down the root cause of this issue. While we are aware of the problem and our development team is already working to resolve this, your report really helps us understand the scope of the problem.

To see when this bug gets fixed, please keep an eye on the Update notes posted in the forums:

Warframe PC Update & Build Notes

Thanks again for taking the time to bring this to our attention!

so there we have it. Lets hope its fixed soon.

Edited by RedemptionDenied
more content

Hi everyone,

We believe we have a fix for this issue, however we're going to give it some more testing to make sure it doesn't break anything. In the meantime, if you have a large number of blueprints you'll want to avoid opening / closing the foundry too quickly (or even building too quickly). We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, but we'll try to get the fix out to you in a timely manner.

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to maybe solve this issue is to be able to queue up multiple items of the same type. The main problem is when you build/claim items in the foundry with a huge amount of blueprints, is it overloads the RAM. I have over 1000+ blueprints and it makes me have to build 6 items then wait for the RAM to go down. Claim the items slowly, or it will crash the game.

For example, instead of building one cipher at a time or build the 10x cipher for a minute, make it possible to build the item and ask for an amount of ciphers that are possible to build.

Make it possible to queue up item like build all my 56 Forma, but you have to claim it 56 days from now. Build 1000 ciphers but it will take 1000 minutes, which is roughly over a day. This will make it so that claiming items won't overload the RAM usage.