Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Claws broken??

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Garuda's claws seem incredibly broken.  I have noticed two giant problems.

#1. Gladiator mod stack bonus does not seem to register the mods on garuda's claws.

#2.  I dont think Garuda's claws register ANY mods.

The gladiator bonus I noticed right off the bat and mentioned it in the bugs forum a looooong time ago.   But yesterday I was leveling the Mara Detron I got off Baro at Ceres - Seimeni that super easy dark sector node.  The gun wasnt cutting it with how little I had modded it and I was getting desperate and even though I didnt have a melee equipped I hit the button anyways.   Thats when Garuda lashed out with her claws and I was like OH YEAH!!! she does have claws.   So then I started trying to use those to kill stuff....just as weak as my gun and I was only in the 2-3rd round (waves 10-15) super easy infested....   

But the thing is my claws are fully pimped out.  600 corrosion, gladiator mods,  prime mods.   I think they are more powerful than my venka's that I use on my valkyr?   But they werent doing jack.   So I really really feel like none of the mods are actually affecting the claws.   It changes the stat number,  but there is no actual change in performance.   If my mods were being counted I would have been ripping the infested to pieces in one hit.  

This is on ps4.  

Speaking of her claws....

-If u have no melee equipped her claws get thier own appearence settings.

-If you DO have a melee weapon equipped (More than likely since they are broken as hell) the claws appearence settings get overridden by Garuda's accent color.  This should NOT happen.   The claws should stay whatever u have it set to in the claws appearence window.

I have no idea what you mean by "passive weapon".  If you are melee'ing its not passive.  

If you have like 2 glad mods on your frame and 2-3 on your claws instead of the glad bonus counting as 4-5 it counts as 2 (for the ones on your frame.)  (when you are NOT using a melee weapon and are relying on her claws.

14 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I have no idea what you mean by "passive weapon".  If you are melee'ing its not passive.  

If you have like 2 glad mods on your frame and 2-3 on your claws instead of the glad bonus counting as 4-5 it counts as 2 (for the ones on your frame.)  (when you are NOT using a melee weapon and are relying on her claws.

Then the gladiator mods are working as intended.

Garuda's claws fall in the same vein as exalted weapons. Exalted weapons can't benefit from the set bonuses, and neither can the claws.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Garuda's claws fall in the same vein as exalted weapons. Exalted weapons can't benefit from the set bonuses, and neither can the claws.

Except that this makes no sense, because they aren't exalted weapons, and you can only use them if you don't have another melee.

For one, most exalted weapons actually do benefit from the Gladiator set bonus, but the mods must be equipped on another melee for them to work. If the Gladiator bonus isn't working at all on the claws, then that's different from the exalted melee weapons.

Two, since they essentially take your melee slot, they should work with melee mods the same way any other melee weapon does, not the way an exalted weapon does. Exalted weapons replace your currently equipped weapons, and typically have some sort of drain attached. Garuda's Claws do not restrict weapon swapping, and have no drain associated with them.

Now, if they added in some sort of swap restrictions and drain with her claws, then sure, call them exalted and restrict mod selection. But otherwise, I think it's a pointless restriction that makes her claws far weaker than any melee weapon you could equip, and should be fixed ASAP.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-02-12 at 11:21 AM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

calling her claws exalted is a falacy, they are their own weapon that is equipped when you unequip other melee, thus should be effected by all melee mods equally including sets

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Garuda's_Talons

Regardless of how they are equipped, they are still classed as an Exalted Weapon and are affected by mods in the same way as any other Exalted. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. (My own biggest gripe is that you can't use them for melee only sorties, since you have to have a melee weapon equipped to go into said sortie. But that's just the way it is)